Page 205 of 212 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3171
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh, it's definitely cancelled. The first three issues were meant to be an Empyre tie-in. Which now isn't happening. That means any completed work for it is now in the bin.

Did the Empyre preview mag still include any Union content? The digital version eliminated any cancelled stuff, but the print version is how it would've been before the pandemic.
    Incorrect. We know the first three issues are written and could easily be slightly altered and not tie-in to EMPYRE.

We know its not out in the next few months, we don't know that its officially cancelled.

At least issue 1 should've already been drawn - it's too late to alter it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    At least issue 1 should've already been drawn - it's too late to alter it.
    Not really, we don't even know how heavily tied in it was going to be.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

This is what Paul Grist had to say:

https://twitter.com/mistergrist/stat...04651357032449

I don't know, it kinda sounds like that specific book was cancelled indeed, but he still hopes to tell their story on some other occasion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    This is what Paul Grist had to say:

https://twitter.com/mistergrist/stat...04651357032449

I don't know, it kinda sounds like that specific book was cancelled indeed, but he still hopes to tell their story on some other occasion.
    That also fits with C.B. Cebulski's statement back in May when Marvel announced that the EMPYRE tie-ins were being scaled back: "And even though certain stories will no longer be tying in with the event – You never know, someday we may revisit these cool concepts and characters."

He must to be referring to The Union with that comment, because those are the only characters from the cancelled tie-ins who weren't already appearing elsewhere.

Hi,

Does this mean the British book will not be coming out anymore?

Love, Misty xo

Looks that way, Misty.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

EXCALIBUR #13
    TINI HOWARD (W) • R.B. SILVA (A) • Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    VARIANT COVER BY LEE GARBETT
    NIGHTCRAWLER TIMELESS VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSSROSS
    X OF SWORDS, PART 9
    Opposition. Despair. The dark night of the soul.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

All-New Member

"Opposition. Despair.The dark night of the soul".

Yer, that pretty much sums up what I think/feel about Marvel's handling of the Captain Britain property nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallifrey View Post
    "Opposition. Despair.The dark night of the soul".

Yer, that pretty much sums up what I think/feel about Marvel's handling of the Captain Britain property nowadays.
    Ha, I'm right there with you.

All-New Member

So is there any information as to whether that cover is a case of artistic/dramatic licence, or are Braddock soeur et frere actually going to throw down again (doesn't seem that long since their last scrap)? And if so, given that the outcome of any such set - to is pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point, what's Brian going to be stripped of this time? His sword? His armour? His under crackers? Any last vestiges of credibility and/or dignity he may still possess as a supposedly heroic character?

We can guess that it will be bad for him. I'm beyond bitter about the treatment he gets, but Marvel just don't care.

I think this fight will ultimately just end with him and Betsy swapping the sword and the amulet.

And my theory is Brian will turn on Krakoa in favour of Otherworld and his obligations there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    I think this fight will ultimately just end with him and Betsy swapping the sword and the amulet.

And my theory is Brian will turn on Krakoa in favour of Otherworld and his obligations there.
    Wait I stopped reading the new Excalibur, did he become a citizen of it? I thought he was a Mutant's human +1.

All-New Member

Eh, I naively thought the "Braddock" name-drop in Endgame plus the 616 and 833 references in Spider-man:Far From Home meant that Brian might be heading for some screentime and hopefully some decent characterisation at last. Then the X-book masterplan was announced at last year's SDCC and it was like Marvel had found a new way to kick me in the nads. I'm pretty resigned to Marvel not giving a toss about us CB fans, but nowadays it's almost as if they're actively trying to make us miserable. And most, if not all, of this because Comic Bookguy Cebulski is desperate to draw heat away from his own despicable racejacking exploits. Worst. E-I-C. Evurrrr.