Page 210 of 212 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212 LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3171
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    That would be a "no" from me for Gillen. I remember the fuss about the Manchester Gods plotline in Journey into Mystery. We don't want a hostile writer on CB.
    Ah. I haven't read that actually. Or if I did, I don't recall. Was Cap in it?

Very briefly, though I didn't read much of it myself, I just remember the talk in this thread. I seem to recall Brian was portrayed as being very much part of the old establishment of Otherworld and was kind of stuffy and clueless. Loki ends up blowing up Stonehenge (! who would? Stonehenge is great) and deposing Arthur and Merlyn for the spirit of the guy behind the Manchester music scene. Gillen has complained about the south of England's dominance before, and seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder about it. Brian is from the south, so probably out of favour with Gillen. Good writer, but perhaps not for Brian.

BANNED

I usually love Gillen, however I've never seen him write Brian anywhere. Except briefly in one of those Revolutionary War one shots few years back.

How did he come across then? I didn't read that stuff.

BANNED

It was very brief, I think the story centered on Dark Angel and Brian was there only in the beginning. Don't really recall very much of it.

BANNED

Actually, I just went back and checked. Brian didn't appear in that issue at all. So yeah, I've never seen Gillen write him.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

BLACK KNIGHT #1 FACSIMILE EDITION
    Written by STAN LEE
    Penciled by JOE MANEELY
    Cover by JOE MANEELY
    Head back in time — first to 1955, then even further to the legendary days of King Arthur — as a young Stan Lee and celebrated artist Joe Maneely draw inspiration from history and myth to present one of the noblest warriors to ever wield a sword! Recruited by Merlin himself, Sir Percy of Scandia plays the coward in public — but disguised in his ornate armor, he takes up arms as the Black Knight! With ebony blade in hand, only the Black Knight can foil the schemes of his evil cousin Modred, who schemes to steal the kingdom! So begins a heroic legacy for the ages, destined to one day be taken up by Sir Percy’s descendant Dane Whitman! It’s one of the all-time great Marvel comic books, boldly re-presented in its original form, ads and all! Reprinting BLACK KNIGHT (1955) #1.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

THE UNION #3 (OF 5)
    PAUL GRIST (W) • ANDREA DI VITO (A)
    COVER BY R.B. SILVA
    DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY R.B. SILVA
    VARIANT COVER BY DAVE JOHNSON
    KELPIE GOES ROGUE!
    In the wake of the disastrous Knull invasion, Kelpie takes drastic action...
    ...but when her choices land her in hot water, only Union Jack will be able to save her!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

EXCALIBUR #18
    TINI HOWARD (W) • MARCUS TO (A) • Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    THE WOMAN ON THE SHORE!
    As the Council makes moves to protect mutants in the Otherworld, Excalibur must determine the fate of Betsy Braddock.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

So, apparently the Union got it's name from public vote on ITV's breakfast programme.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/11/25/ma...w-the-union-1/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So, apparently the Union got it's name from public vote on ITV's breakfast programme.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/11/25/ma...w-the-union-1/
    Still a better method than how Betsy got the CB job

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    BLACK KNIGHT #1 FACSIMILE EDITION
    Written by STAN LEE
    Penciled by JOE MANEELY
    Cover by JOE MANEELY
    Head back in time — first to 1955, then even further to the legendary days of King Arthur — as a young Stan Lee and celebrated artist Joe Maneely draw inspiration from history and myth to present one of the noblest warriors to ever wield a sword! Recruited by Merlin himself, Sir Percy of Scandia plays the coward in public — but disguised in his ornate armor, he takes up arms as the Black Knight! With ebony blade in hand, only the Black Knight can foil the schemes of his evil cousin Modred, who schemes to steal the kingdom! So begins a heroic legacy for the ages, destined to one day be taken up by Sir Percy’s descendant Dane Whitman! It’s one of the all-time great Marvel comic books, boldly re-presented in its original form, ads and all! Reprinting BLACK KNIGHT (1955) #1.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

This might be the first Facsimile Edition I'll buy. But I would prefer a TPB reprinting the whole series.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Love to see a Captain Britain corps series I also think the Corps should go over & kick the sh#t@ out of the GL corps & bring light into DC's Dark Multiverse
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

CEREBRO: Episode 012: Brian Braddock (feat. Jordan D. White) starts at 1:01:35, skip to 1:22:25 if you want to avoid the poor retelling of Brian's history. This podcast basically discusses the de-coupling of the Braddocks from Marvel UK lore.

Astonishing Member

So, thoughts on the first issue of the Union?