Page 45 of 212 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

You see that sort of thing on Amazon all the time, Willow. I don't think anyone ever buys the stuff, though, the seller just lives in hope.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post

Here is the cover to Legacy #14 one of my all time favourites
    Attachment 5716
    Me too! Mike del Mundo's covers were all really intelligent, witty, and looked wonderful; but mutantopoly was my favourite of the lot.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    You see that sort of thing on Amazon all the time, Willow. I don't think anyone ever buys the stuff, though, the seller just lives in hope.
    Aaah right cheers man.....it did seem a bit steep like!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Me too! Mike del Mundo's covers were all really intelligent, witty, and looked wonderful; but mutantopoly was my favourite of the lot.
    Amazing series, beautiful covers, mind twisting art and sublime writing. Massively overlooked and the best appearance of Pete Wisdom since CB&MI13 finished.....and I'd include his recent appearance in Wolverine in that statement!

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    Forgot to add. What's with the horn type thing on Dane's helmet now? Not liking that at all. Also not really related to anything but....Swordswoman!!! SwordsWOMAN!!!! I've been dying to see a new Swordsman and they go back to form and make yet ANOTHER sword wielding chick. Is it too much to ask for a cool Swordsman hero who isn't an ex-villain or crazy or whatever? Besides Dane, who's awesome but is hardly in anything anymore, we don't have many good male sword wielding heroes. Ex-villain/Crazy/Girl swords people we got a million of. It would've been good to have a guy that's the Shang Chi of swords. That idea Sword is Drawn had for Dane...awesome (and I'd be cool with it if they used it for Dane) but if there is a guy calling himself Swordsman it should be for him. Plus if he was part of Euroforce they could have made him a Spaniard. Would've been awesome.

...Sorry just wish fulfilment ranting....
    Nobody has done anything with Kylun since Davis, but he was a male sword-wielder.

Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    Random question this...I have the first Panini trade of 'Death's Head'. As I am want to do I tend to check Amazon.co.uk from time to time to see if new editions are being produced of various tomes ahead of their actual announcement (figured Marvel may one day do an omnibus....I can dream). Apparently the trade I have must be out of print as although I can find volume 2 still at it's original price- volume 1 is being sold for over £1000!!!! (Apparently I can trade this in for a measley £8.00 Amazon gift voucher)

I can't seem to find it on ebay either so this must have now become quite collectable.......but over a grand????? That seems a bit much.

I am tempted to sell it if it's worth a pretty penny, but what is the real current worth of this book? Does anyone know? As much as a grand in my back pocket would be nice.......who is really going to pay that much???
    If anyone's had their eye on it putting it in at £50 might be good for a realistic quick sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Nobody has done anything with Kylun since Davis, but he was a male sword-wielder.
    He is in a panel in the uncanny xmen last testaments of xavier preview.
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Demon Bowler; 07-11-2014 at 03:15 PM.

image.jpg
    His appearance in Xmen Legacy was amazing (eg the panel above) but I also loved him in Gambit (eg the panel below)!
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Demon Bowler; 07-11-2014 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolbeans74 View Post
    hey, that was me,
    I got it from a site called speadshirt.co.uk , it's a good site with lots of options, you can play around with the
    sizes, colours etc, I just searched 'eagle' and then 'circle' and mucked about with it for a while.

Attachment 5416

I also did an original CB costume Lion design and a Quasar one.
    hope that helped.
    Awesome! Thanks!

Sorry haven't been in here in awhile. But that was actually me. I had it made for and wore to New York Comic Con. I asked the question at the panel. I asked it the previous year as well. I had it made on customink.com Though to be fair I actually like your eagle better. Here's a shot of what mine looks like.

Attachment 5711

So looks like Dane is finally appearing in some comics again. Hooray!!! Though I'm a little tired of the Blood Curse thing. And I think most people are too, which doesn't help him gain fans.

Agreed. I like this idea a lot. But hoesntly I'd have him cleanse the thing of the Blood Curse already. Mjolnir, Cap's Shield, and other various uber weapons don't need a vulnerability this shouldn't need one either. I like how in MI 13 he had a photonic shield as well. That's how he should be. Blending sci and magic. I'd make his "armor" more modern and tech based. Afterall Dane is an awesome inventor and scientist in his own right. personally if i were to write him. He'd come up with a gadget that is place on the crossguard and hilt of the ebony blade. It would surround the blade with a field and make it intangible/phased out. The field that occupies the area of the blade while the blade is "phased" would acts in the same manner as his photonic sword. and he could switch back and forth between as needed.
    Thanks also, Ronin. I hope Marvel continues using BK in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    Awesome! Thanks!

Thanks also, Ronin. I hope Marvel continues using BK in some capacity.
    Me too definitely. What's your feeling on the horn thing on his helmet?

I think its a needless change - Dane's helmet has always had a classically elegant simplicity to it. Occasional armour and weapons upgrades are cool but the helm i'm guessing will always revert to the classic look.

Maybe instead of using the Ebony Blade, Dane will just head-butt his enemies and gore them.

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but it looks like Wisdom will be in the next issue of X-Force.

X-Force (2014-) 007-021.jpg

Me too definitely. What's your feeling on the horn thing on his helmet?
    I don't hate it but I like the helmet better without it. I do like the way this latest armor looks though!

avengers world 8 bk.jpg.jpg

I can't get over how pretty Dane looks in Avengers World #8. And yes, the armor looks good.

Well i've now read all of Willow's AVENGERS UK and i really enjoyed it. Fantastic writing and art with characters who are in character! What more could a reader ask for?

I have just posted the latest description/analysis on the CAPTAIN BRITAIN/GROWTH OF MARVEL UK thread which covers the final bit of Alan Moore's seminal run. I invite you all to check it out, comment and discuss.