Page 5 of 212 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

I...vaguely remember...a remender...NO! Not that, ugh...a reminder, yes!...Go something...NO!, in Italian...force, forceful, come on Clarkie, choose the Amulet, not the Sword. Ah! YES!

FORZA BRADDOCK!
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    I...vaguely remember...a remender...NO! Not that, ugh...a reminder, yes!...Go something...NO!, in Italian...force, forceful, come on Clarkie, choose the Amulet, not the Sword. Ah! YES!

FORZA BRADDOCK!

Welcome back, Clarkie!

Still havn't read Revolutionary War, waiting on the trade, I may well be at Bristol Expo on Saturday week, if only to drink with a CBR mate and annoy my Friend Prof. Elemental. Anyone going?

Also, it's nice to be back, hope you're well Sword.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    Every so often on the internet, there's mention of a Spider-Man story where Captain Britain becomes an alcoholic and almost cripples someone - did this ever actually happen? I never see an issue number for it.
    I do like the Spider-Man and Captain Britain history in general though. It was nice to see Brian and Meggan at Nightcrawler's welcome back party too. Continuity! It can be fun!

I do like the Spider-Man and Captain Britain history in general though.
    It's a pity it's not showing up more often - Spider-Man and Captain Britain roomed together at college, you can't make that stuff up. Do they keep in touch and send each other Christmas cards? Does Peter ever get asked about it? Did Brian ever get asked if he knew where in Europe that Norman Osborn had been hiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    It's a pity it's not showing up more often - Spider-Man and Captain Britain roomed together at college, you can't make that stuff up. Do they keep in touch and send each other Christmas cards? Does Peter ever get asked about it? Did Brian ever get asked if he knew where in Europe that Norman Osborn had been hiding?
    We used to go further than that, back during Brand New Day and CB and MI-13 we'd imagine a magic aware Brian meeting Peter, 'I can see some kind of weird spell around you Peter, wait, you're Spider-man! And no-one can know, and everyone knows I'm Captain Britain! Put on half your costume and let's get free drinks everywhere!'

'I can see some kind of weird spell around you Peter, wait, you're Spider-man! And no-one can know, and everyone knows I'm Captain Britain! Put on half your costume and let's get free drinks everywhere!'
    Now that's what I call superpowers!

Here's a thought for you, on Secret Avengers you had Brian working with Flash Thompson (as Venom). Flash and Peter hung out in college, so surely he must've met Brian before. I guess Secret Avengers doesn't touch on that but I bet it could have... (Venom/Captain Britain: Pubcrawlers, a 4-issue miniseries Guest-Starring Death's Head)

I only learned about Captain Britain and other Marvel UK heroes fairly recently, but I love what I've seen so far. Is there a particular writer to start with, or one to avoid at all costs? I have some Excalibur books, but want to check out the old Captain Britain stuff, too.

Going on what I've read here: avoid Rick Remender like Swine flu and read Captain Britain and MI13 which is the frickin' shiz. (I've read CB&MI13 it is indeed awesome)
    I surrender to the Contest

We used to go further than that, back during Brand New Day and CB and MI-13 we'd imagine a magic aware Brian meeting Peter, 'I can see some kind of weird spell around you Peter, wait, you're Spider-man! And no-one can know, and everyone knows I'm Captain Britain! Put on half your costume and let's get free drinks everywhere!'

We'd go one further.

Brian can see magic as a tangible thing, interact with it, and even break it.

What if he met up with Peter and noticed Mephisto's BND hex...?

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    We'd go one further.

Brian can see magic as a tangible thing, interact with it, and even break it.

What if he met up with Peter and noticed Mephisto's BND hex...?
    Which is why Marvel wont let it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Which is why Marvel wont let it happen.

It's funny. Because it's true.

Anyone know if Willow has made it back?

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Anyone know if Willow has made it back?

Not seen him, so far. I sent him a Tweet asking that, this morning.

I miss Willow.
    I hope he makes it over here.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."