Page 52 of 212 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Thanks for a fitting, tasteful tribute from AUK, hard to believe it has been 100 years.
    Cheers mate, credit is all due to the unrelated Greens. 100 years. It's crazy isn't it? When I was a kid I had relatives who'd fought in it.

What is Spiderwoman's standing these days, is she British or not? If so that new series by Hopeless might count but probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Yeah. That's a tricky one. I mean she WAS British. But then Bendis rewrote her Origin, in the mini series he wrote for the Luna Brothers a few years back. She was now created and raised in Wundagore. So no British part in her origin, other than parental ties.

But then as her ongoing (lol) solo series kicked off she began it in London, visiting old haunts.

So the jury is out, on that one. Maybe she considers herself British.
    Yeah it's a bit odd, I did consider her for AUK at one point but the retcon confuses things. Even more baffling the Motion Comic version of her solo series by Bendis has her voiced as British!

I look forward to seeing what Mr Hopeless can deliver with her.

With a rotating cast of the entire MU to pull in.....will we ever see any Brit heroes in the new SHIELD title?

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    With a rotating cast of the entire MU to pull in.....will we ever see any Brit heroes in the new SHIELD title?

I wouldn't write off the possibility of a Pete Wisdom appearance. But I'd image most Costumed CHaracters to be far less likely.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    If it is as widespread as they say it will be I would say there is a good chance. Here is an extract from the article which can be found here:http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54420

Speaking of mission -- what kinds will your S.H.I.E.L.D. team be tackling? Obviously a comic book can go as big as it wants, so how much will this group be mixing it up with the major threats of the MU?

Anyone currently in continuity is on the table. So far -- and we're in the early stages, so don't hold me to these -- but we've mapped out stories teaming Coulson and his agents with anyone from the Vision and Baron Mordo to Two-Gun Kid and Iron Man to Daredevil and She-Hulk to Hawkeye and Rocket Raccoon, taking place in the Savage Land, in Lemuria, in the Everglades, on other worlds and even in other times. And all of it "counts" -- there are threads being woven that will show great importance in the coming Marvel Universe.

What is Spiderwoman's standing these days, is she British or not? If so that new series by Hopeless might count but probably not.

Thanks for a fitting, tasteful tribute from AUK, hard to believe it has been 100 years.
    You liked the WW1 strip? I've always wanted to be able to make use of Albion's WW1 background, and this seemed like perfect timing. And if you are interested in WW1, the graphic novel World War One: 1914-1918 by Alan Cowsill and Lalit Kumar Sharma is a good read.

Finally, CB and what I think is Pete Wisdom are on the variant Alessio Variant for NA #24.

Oh man look at it! It's gorgoeous! http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54436

So I'm figuring that's both Captain Britain & Pete Wisdom on that cover. There's certainly a guy in a suit with dark hair who *could* be Wisdom.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

So I'm figuring that's both Captain Britain & Pete Wisdom on that cover. There's certainly a guy in a suit with dark hair who *could* be Wisdom.
    Definitely a possibility. We could all be completely wrong but it does seem to be the case and would make sense given the connection to CB and the fact that after Original Sin we probably won't have Nick Fury Sr by the looks of it. The MU needs another premier spy.

On another thread someone did comment that it could be Jimmy Woo......possible I suppoose and I'd be happy with that choice also.

Hel.....this is Hickman - it could be bloody anyone! I'll still be reading!

Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

After a delay while i was busy with my book collection project, here is the final installment of my coverage of the CAPTAIN BRITAIN years at Marvel UK taking us into 1986 - to be followed periodically with briefer breakdowns of Excaiibur. http://community.comicbookresources....arvel-UK/page8

Kind of disappointed in Black Knight's Avengers World #10 appearance- two panels. But he crams a lot into one panel:
    aworld 10 i.JPG

Does this mean he's done with MI-13? And this also settles the question of the Original Sins timeline- it's before Avengers World, apparently.

BANNED

Hey guys I just saw a splash page for Captain Britain for the "Time Runs Out" event coming up. do we have any advanced knowledge of what Brian and Pete wisdom will be doing during this time? CB is prominent on the cover of the page.
    I'm just hoping there's no silly soft reboot of the Marvel Universe. Would drive me bonkers if they take away te UK stuff, and the Braddocks get divided.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Hey guys I just saw a splash page for Captain Britain for the "Time Runs Out" event coming up. do we have any advanced knowledge of what Brian and Pete wisdom will be doing during this time? CB is prominent on the cover of the page.
    I'm just hoping there's no silly soft reboot of the Marvel Universe. Would drive me bonkers if they take away te UK stuff, and the Braddocks get divided.

Absolutely no idea at the moment. I would still doubt Marvel would ever do a full reboot. They've been quite specific about not doing such a thing in press interviews since DC's New 52.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Spectacular Member

Absolutely no idea at the moment. I would still doubt Marvel would ever do a full reboot. They've been quite specific about not doing such a thing in press interviews since DC's New 52.
    I agree...on his Formspring, Tom Brevoort has a pretty 'never say never' approach to a full reboot, but I think, particularly since the New 52, that it is a big selling point for Marvel that theirs is the universe that never rebooted.
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    Kind of disappointed in Black Knight's Avengers World #10 appearance- two panels. But he crams a lot into one panel:
    aworld 10 i.JPG

Does this mean he's done with MI-13? And this also settles the question of the Original Sins timeline- it's before Avengers World, apparently.
    In Avengers World 8 he says his leadership of Euroforce is temporary. I guess he is kinda bitter about not getting asked back to the Avengers. Mental Health issues, indeed!