Page 54 of 212 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    Did we ever find out who this was?
    Attachment 7286
    i have just messaged Mark Brooks, the cover artist, to see if he knows. Not sure if he would as he may just been given ref pics - but they may have named him on those? This is of course if he replies !!
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    So are we expecting Captain Britain to appear in the main Avengers titles at last?
    Yes it seems that way....been a long slog hasn't it? I'm reluctant to start celebrating about it given the stinging we received in Secret Avengers but Hickman is a master planner and by and large his Avengers has been the best version (for me) in a long time. He did name check Brian in the first issue of his run.

And in the meantime if you want new original Captain Britain in the Avengers material..........https://www.facebook.com/avengersukb...=photos_albums

Quote Originally Posted by IzzY World View Post
    i have just messaged Mark Brooks, the cover artist, to see if he knows. Not sure if he would as he may just been given ref pics - but they may have named him on those? This is of course if he replies !!
    Nice work IzzY, you never know unless you ask!
    [url=https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums]Avengers UK Issues[url]

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IzzY World View Post

Good idea, Izzy. Do let us know if you get any response.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    Yes it seems that way....been a long slog hasn't it? I'm reluctant to start celebrating about it given the stinging we received in Secret Avengers but Hickman is a master planner and by and large his Avengers has been the best version (for me) in a long time. He did name check Brian in the first issue of his run.

He did. Also worth remembering that he has used Brian before, allbeit in the Ultimate Universe. Brian was featured in several scenes diring his Ultimate Thor mini. He was also responsible for bringing Ultimate Jamie into The Ultimates. The character may have been forgotten about by the writer who followed, but there was a clear interest from Hickman at least.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    He did. Also worth remembering that he has used Brian before, allbeit in the Ultimate Universe. Brian was featured in several scenes diring his Ultimate Thor mini. He was also responsible for bringing Ultimate Jamie into The Ultimates. The character may have been forgotten about by the writer who followed, but there was a clear interest from Hickman at least.
    Yes indeed he did and quite a good version that was! Actually having a version of CB on a version of the Avengers actually endeared me to Mr Hickman and pulled me briefly back into the Ultimate Universe. Of course I left as soon as Jamie was expunged from memory.

I do wonder if placing CB in a prominent position is another move by Marvel/Disney to raise the profile of their lesser known characters? Having seen the EXCELLENT Guardians of the Galaxy film I can't help but think that the powers that be must now be lining up the potentials for movies, games, cartoons etc. Braddock is frequently described as a niche character but then aren't all of the Guardians? And maybe he is a niche to a US domestic comic-reading-audience but to fans of MUK he was the flagship hero.

I wasn't aware of his lowly status in the wider MU until I began to read Marvel US stuff.

With Lance Hunter due to turn up in Agents of SHIELD and Montgomery Falsworth in First Avenger (AND Joe Chapman's name in Iron Man 2) are we being prepped for a Marvel Brit-hero in the MCU?

Let's be honest, CB is the most obvious candidate and there does seem to be a move to distance him from the X-franchise (although Marvel are doing that with every character lately aren't they?). If you are a new fan from the last five years or so who is vaguely aware of CB.....would they even know of his Excalibur days and associate him with the Avengers?

I'm just musing a thought........one I hope becomes reality!
    [url=https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums]Avengers UK Issues[url]

whilst i would give my left nut for a CB movie, at this point, i'd rather they did either a Widow or Captain Marvel movie. or Black Panther. some gender diversity and racial diversity would be nice...
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    whilst i would give my left nut for a CB movie, at this point, i'd rather they did either a Widow or Captain Marvel movie. or Black Panther. some gender diversity and racial diversity would be nice...
    I'd agree but I would love to see MI13 mentioned or appear on agents of SHIELD.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    I'm concerned cap Brit will only be on the team for a short time as I believe Hickman is leaving the avengers book.

I'm concerned cap Brit will only be on the team for a short time as I believe Hickman is leaving the avengers book.
    Aaaaah rats ^%$#@

Just when we get it good eh?

Night raven is based in the US right?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    No, he was US based.

isn't that what he said?
    I surrender to the Contest

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

I hear what you're saying. Black Panther in particular I would like to see. He's played a decent role in so many of Marvel's animated projects in the past. It would seem odd not to get him into the movie universe.

Pluss, you know, any former Knight of Pendragon is fine by me.

I'd agree but I would love to see MI13 mentioned or appear on agents of SHIELD.

Yes. I think that would be a really positive move. To establish that there are other intelligence agencies out there in movie/TV universe. Not just SHIELD.

A repeat of The Ultimates?

Does anybody know for sure that he IS on The Avengers? So far all I;m aware of is his pacement on that cover. It *could* be a guest appearance. I dunno.

I've learnt not to get my hopes up too far in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post

He was, yes. Although as of Fury/Black Widow: Death Duty there's no reason why he couldn't be more international. We just haven't really see him doing that very much.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Does anybody know for sure that he IS on The Avengers? So far all I;m aware of is his pacement on that cover. It *could* be a guest appearance. I dunno.

I've learnt not to get my hopes up too far in recent years.
    No official word as yet and thats the cover to 'New Avengers' so he may still not be on the main team. However that cast looks very 'illuminati' and judging by events this week in 'New Avengers' a new line-up maybe needed very soon. Plus Hickman used another version of Brian on an alternate illuminati (along with an alt Betsy) a few months back. So it looks likely.

But as you say Sword.......it could all be for naught.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Preview is up for X-Force. I'd link, but I'm not evolved past chimp level on the internet. It features an elite British unit of soldiers in Afghanistan, but no MI 13 yet. I'm a big fan of Wisdom, so I'm excited. You all know where to find it.
    "Self has no time for this."

Fantastic Member

isn't that what he said?
    Yes, sorry, that's what I get for replying while fighting a migraine. I thought he'd written "UK based."