Page 57 of 212 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Just re-read Vampire State, the back half of the MI:13 book and still can't believe how much outright racism Cornell was able to work in to that Dracula characterisation. So shocking to see that played straight like that, to the point that even Doom was like 'give it a break.'
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

BANNED

X-force was great. I've been loving this book issue after issue. I got everything I wanted here. Great exposition, character development from the OTHER group of characters, including one of "ours". It worked out great. Spurriers writing style and his use of ACTUAL non stereotypical UK lingo worked out perfectly. The book works much better as a spy/spandex story over the typical, punch em pew pew spandex tales. This book is like Winter Soldier every issue.

ANNNNNDDD Pete M'fkin Wisdom....

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    X-force was great. I've been loving this book issue after issue. I got everything I wanted here. Great exposition, character development from the OTHER group of characters, including one of "ours". It worked out great. Spurriers writing style and his use of ACTUAL non stereotypical UK lingo worked out perfectly. The book works much better as a spy/spandex story over the typical, punch em pew pew spandex tales. This book is like Winter Soldier every issue.

I love Pete. He even said "bollocks." Made me well up a little.

I agree, it was a great issue. Not a huge amount of MI 13, (Faiza, Meggan, and Pete at the moment) but their introduction was priceless, and it sets them up nicely for the next issue.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by RichyBlackBass View Post
    Is anybody else following the X-Men/Iron Man/Nova crossover with Death's Head? I've read the first two parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    yes. didn't think much of part 2, tbh.
    Aye the first part didn't even have DH saying 'Yes?'...may as well of not used him. And the second part he was ibn it for about 2 panels.....I haven't bought the Nova one. He looked good in part one though.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Just re-read Vampire State, the back half of the MI:13 book and still can't believe how much outright racism Cornell was able to work in to that Dracula characterisation. So shocking to see that played straight like that, to the point that even Doom was like 'give it a break.'
    It's just truly brilliant. It's something I hadn't seen in Dracula since the old Dracula Lives series. It really enforced the evil of Dracula and set you against him immediately, there's no sympathising with him. Every victory he has in that arc you genuinely don't want him to have. When the heroes finally win it's a glorious moment...............and it had to be Faiza that finished him.

Such a shame that months later he was revived as that Odin-awful Castlevania armour......eeeeuuuurrgghhh!!! So bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    I love Pete. He even said "bollocks." Made me well up a little.

I agree, it was a great issue. Not a huge amount of MI 13, (Faiza, Meggan, and Pete at the moment) but their introduction was priceless, and it sets them up nicely for the next issue.
    Si Spurrier had admitted to a crush on Pete Wisdom and he constantly nails his dialogue with every use. I haven't been following X-Force but I did read X-Men Legacy by him (in fact I re-read the whole lot this past weekend, so much I didn't see the first time round!). I picked up this issue simply for the MI13 gang and was blown away!

Did anyone catch Avengers Undercover? A last page that people on this thread might enjoy.

Haven't read Avengers World yet though. The one panel appearance of Dane last issue didn't inspire me to pick it up.....is it worth a punt?
    [url=https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums]Avengers UK Issues[url]

Spurriers writing style and his use of ACTUAL non stereotypical UK lingo worked out perfectly.
    Mr Spurrier is English so it's nice to see that.
    [url=https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums]Avengers UK Issues[url]

Avengers World #8 has a lot more of Dane, plus he'll be in 12 and 13 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    Cheers MollyB......Comixology here I come!

Spoilers for X-Force!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Demon Bowler; 08-14-2014 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    Oh bollocks! That will teach me to skip read at work! I just went and bought the latest issue and then realised you said # 8!

No Dane in the latest one. Gutted. A very misleading cover too....

Anyhoo, still. Some good showings from Marvel Brits today anyhoo (two by Meggan!!!).

any chance you could post a bigger version of that pic?
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    Aye the first part didn't even have DH saying 'Yes?'...may as well of not used him. And the second part he was ibn it for about 2 panels.....I haven't bought the Nova one. He looked good in part one though.
    don't bother. it's crap. the whole series has been crap imo. the only 'good' thing is that in the Nova special, Stark's attitude to the young X-Men indicates that maybe Bendis really doesn't hate CB, it was only Stark being a dick abuot Brian in GOTG.
    I surrender to the Contest

don't bother. it's crap. the whole series has been crap imo. the only 'good' thing is that in the Nova special, Stark's attitude to the young X-Men indicates that maybe Bendis really doesn't hate CB, it was only Stark being a dick abuot Brian in GOTG.
    Aaah reet. Cheers Wessex old chum, I'll steer clear then. Does DH appear at all, or is he completely absent from this one?

Meggan as 'Priestess of all the feels' is pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallant View Post
    Meggan as 'Priestess of all the feels' is pure gold.
    True. It's a work of genius. Get this man on an MI13 book Marvel!

any chance you could post a bigger version of that pic?
    Unfortunately that picture was one I found online. I will try to find a better pic.

Spitfire appears in the mighty avengers preview
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=23090