Page 76 of 212 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 3171
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post

I have to say that one of the larger reasons I've not been posting hereas often of late is that until recently I was a good year and a bit behind, in terms of reading current continuity.
    Well, it's great to have you posting again. Always meaningful and informative posts

Talking of MIA, where are Willow, Izzy, Danvidar.... and the other regulars?

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Well, it's great to have you posting again. Always meaningful and informative posts

I think that n the case of Willow and Izzy Avengers UK is just taking up more of their time these days. They are still both acvtive on Facebook. Just not so active here.

I can understand that. I'm also doing a bit of admin for the Make Mine Marvel UK Facebook group, these days. Keeping a group like Avengers UK posting regular content, and generating discussion through it, can take up a lot of time without you realising it.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Haven't read that, Panic. Is it worth hunting down?
    I think it's definitely worth a read if you're interested in an alternate World War II/superhero combo, and if you like Rob Williams as a writer. You can check out reviews and preview pages on the net, but yeah, I think you'd enjoy it. I definitely think the idealistic Prince Henry and his rather louche brother Prince Arthur bring to mind Brian and Jamie Braddock, and I suspect that is not a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I think it's definitely worth a read if you're interested in an alternate World War II/superhero combo, and if you like Rob Williams as a writer. You can check out reviews and preview pages on the net, but yeah, I think you'd enjoy it. I definitely think the idealistic Prince Henry and his rather louche brother Prince Arthur bring to mind Brian and Jamie Braddock, and I suspect that is not a coincidence.

I do like Rob's work, in general. So I think I probably should.

I actually thought that it was a bit of shame with the issues he had for Revolutionary War. Because I felt that concept wise he had some great ideas, which would have suited being explored through say a 3 issue mini in their own right. Fitting it all into a single issue wasn't the best format for those, in my opinion.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

So, on a slight tangent, but what do people think about the version of Lance Hunter we've been given in Agents of Shield.

I'm still not entirely sold.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So, on a slight tangent, but what do people think about the version of Lance Hunter we've been given in Agents of Shield.

Unfortunately I haven't yet read any book to feature him I think, but the character seems enjoyable enough. I still do wish SHIELD had opted for a couple of the established SHIELD agents like Jimmy Wu and Contessa though, but I guess we have Mockingbird now!

I quite like him but he is more like 616 hawkeye than Lance Hunter.
    There are thoughts that he might get his own spinoff which could be cool if they have MI13 in it.

I like him, I think he's a good addition to the cast. I don't remember much about the comic book original though - was he the balding guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Busy with work. Having to get up at 4.30 and getting back around 8 in the evening four days a week, leaves little time to rest and having to do everything else in the remains 3 days isn't much better. I still have a quick look every now and again but I don't have as much time as I used to.

Looking forward to Faiza Cap in Secret Wars, its Ewing and I have loved everything I have read by him, and I need that Ribic cover.

I like Hunter in AoS. he's funny, sarcastic, badass, gets the hot chick, pretty good looking (even though I'm straight) and isn't an utter wanker, which makes a change from a lot of other British characters in US TV.
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    I quite like him but he is more like 616 hawkeye than Lance Hunter.
    There are thoughts that he might get his own spinoff which could be cool if they have MI13 in it.
    Certainly with his pairing with Bobbi, he feels very much like the fill-in for him, yes. They're never going to get Renner to do the TV show.

But it's kinda weird. I cannot get past his being the guy from the firearms unit who lost his bottle, on Babylon. Same actor.

He does a decent job, mind. I just feel he's more Pete Wisdom than Lance Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I like him, I think he's a good addition to the cast. I don't remember much about the comic book original though - was he the balding guy?

Depending on who draws him, yes. More recent iterations have not been quite so thinning.

I think my major crumble is that Lance Hunter shouldn't be quite so... Cockney. Well, not cockney. HE's not proper east end, 'apples and pairs, cor blimeym guv'nor', but if I'd been casting from the comics characterisation he would be more like Ralph Fiennes.

In the cmics he's a bit of a toff. Service personnel toff. But well-spoken, for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    I like Hunter in AoS. he's funny, sarcastic, badass, gets the hot chick, pretty good looking (even though I'm straight) and isn't an utter wanker, which makes a change from a lot of other British characters in US TV.

This is true. He's a bit confusing from a comics POV, but he does seem to work in the context of the show.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

So... the Captain Britain Blog has noticed that there appears to be an image of Captain Britain on a cover for the Secret Wars Ultimate End title.

This is a little curious, though.

Because as far as I can tell this is on the side of the Ultimate Universe...

Sure, the helmet matches the style which Ultimate Brian Braddock wore. Only Ultimate Brian is comatose, dying of terminal cancer, caused by his suit.

During Hickman's Ultimates run Brian was replaced by Jamie Braddock. He wore no such helmet.

Odds on somebody having forgotten this? I mean, after all, Sam Humphries even forgot that Jamie BRaddock was on his Roster...
    It Came From Darkmoor...

looking at that image, there also seems to be two of Jimmy Hudson on the Ultimate universe side, so...

to say nothing of the fact that Ultimate Cap America's on there and he's DEAD...
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    looking at that image, there also seems to be two of Jimmy Hudson on the Ultimate universe side, so...

to say nothing of the fact that Ultimate Cap America's on there and he's DEAD...

I'm guessing that with Secret Wars happening All Bets are Off. Anything Goes. Anything is possible. Dead is not dead.

And the possibilities that offers afterwards could be very useful.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

And finally, EVIDENCE!!!

Captain Britain appearing in the unlettered preview to Secret Wars #1:

It Came From Darkmoor...