Page 77 of 212 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3171

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    And finally, EVIDENCE!!!

Captain Britain appearing in the unlettered preview to Secret Wars #1:

But, when is that scene from? I thought the FF was going back to traditional blue outfits as their own title winds up, and on that page Reed's in his earlier red-and-black uniform and Spider-Woman is wearing her previous outfit. (She got a new costume in issue #5 of her latest series.)

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Sad news, folks. Captain Britain co-creator Herb Trimpe has passed away at the age of 75.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/...-away-aged-75/
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

BANNED

I think this is more of a re-cap. The 1st image is from after destroying the GS world, the 2nd is just the Cabal, and the 3rd is from the latest battle between the NA and the MA.

EDIT: That's in response to the preview.

EDIT 2: Damn, that's sad. He wasn't really old tbh, he had a couple more years left.
    Last edited by Darthkostis; 04-14-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    I think this is more of a re-cap. The 1st image is from after destroying the GS world, the 2nd is just the Cabal, and the 3rd is from the latest battle between the NA and the MA.

EDIT: That's in response to the preview.

EDIT 2: Damn, that's sad. He wasn't really old tbh, he had a couple more years left.

Plausibly. You'll notice that Steve is in his Commander Rogers, SHIELD, costume too.

Although Captain Britain had not officially made his Avengers debut at this point.

And yes, terrifically sad news about Herb Trimpe. People on Bleeding Cool saying that they only saw him last week, at another con. I believe he did come to the UK a few years back (I forget which con) but I was still very much in chemotherapy territory. I couldn't risk being around that many people.

A great shame. I'd have loved to meet him. And he was very active on the con scene right until the end. Proper industry legend.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

BANNED

Plausibly. You'll notice that Steve is in his Commander Rogers, SHIELD, costume too.

Although Captain Britain had not officially made his Avengers debut at this point.

And yes, terrifically sad news about Herb Trimpe. People on Bleeding Cool saying that they only saw him last week, at another con. I believe he did come to the UK a few years back (I forget which con) but I was still very much in chemotherapy territory. I couldn't risk being around that many people.

A great shame. I'd have loved to meet him. And he was very active on the con scene right until the end. Proper industry legend.
    It's really weird when somebody passes between a few days from seeing them. It's kinda depressing actually. I myself live nowhere near any Con places (Greece) so I never had any chance to meet him, but still.

Sorry to hear about the chemo stuff as well. A lot of my relatives have fought with cancer and while not all of them made it, most of them are alive and well nowadays. I wish you the best of luck!

Sad. His work had a certain power to it, especially on the CB covers.

It's really weird when somebody passes between a few days from seeing them. It's kinda depressing actually. I myself live nowhere near any Con places (Greece) so I never had any chance to meet him, but still.

Sorry to hear about the chemo stuff as well. A lot of my relatives have fought with cancer and while not all of them made it, most of them are alive and well nowadays. I wish you the best of luck!

Three years in remission. I'm doing pretty good these days, thanks. But thank you.

I'm just impressed that at 75 he was still so actively still on the scene. And with all the people now talking about his work you realise that he had a hand in so many things.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

BANNED

Three years in remission. I'm doing pretty good these days, thanks. But thank you.

I'm just impressed that at 75 he was still so actively still on the scene. And with all the people now talking about his work you realise that he had a hand in so many things.
    It depends on the person, really. If somebody loves his job he'll keep doing it until he no longer is physically able to. Heck, some might still try. My grandfather continues to work in his fields to this day, even though he's 82. If you like it, you'll try to keep going.

It depends on the person, really. If somebody loves his job he'll keep doing it until he no longer is physically able to. Heck, some might still try. My grandfather continues to work in his fields to this day, even though he's 82. If you like it, you'll try to keep going.

Too true. I'm just saying that I really respect that.

And while I'm sure that "Co-creator of Wolverine" is probably the bigger badge of honour, co-creator of Captain Britain is still pretty important to many of us.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

BANNED

Too true. I'm just saying that I really respect that.

And while I'm sure that "Co-creator of Wolverine" is probably the bigger badge of honour, co-creator of Captain Britain is still pretty important to many of us.
    True and true. Cap still isn't a big household name, but with Thor, CapA and Iron Man slowly fading, MS will need more stars. Honestly, I'm certain we'll see him in the MCU. Maybe in 5 or 6 years, but we'll do.

True and true. Cap still isn't a big household name, but with Thor, CapA and Iron Man slowly fading, MS will need more stars. Honestly, I'm certain we'll see him in the MCU. Maybe in 5 or 6 years, but we'll do.

Likewise. I don't think we'd have seen him pushed by Hickman as much as we have if there wasn't some kind of intention like this. The fact that he is in the Illuminati and on some images for the Secret Wars series makes me think he is in contention for more continued exposure.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

BANNED

Likewise. I don't think we'd have seen him pushed by Hickman as much as we have if there wasn't some kind of intention like this. The fact that he is in the Illuminati and on some images for the Secret Wars series makes me think he is in contention for more continued exposure.
    It's evident that Marvel wants to push its lesser known characters into the spotlight to prep them for an MCU appearance, so I think that Cap will someday get a bigger push. After SW I reckon he'll be in a team in some form or the other, because if he were to die, he'd would have along with the Corps to raise the stakes. Ideally, I'd prefer him in a new Excalibur title, but I wouldn't mind seeing him join an Avengers team as well. Maybe he and Meggan could have a place in that rumoured Remender Occult book. Honestly, with Dr. Strange and Iron Fist opening the doors to the mystic side of the MU, I think a Cap movie isn't too far behind.

It's evident that Marvel wants to push its lesser known characters into the spotlight to prep them for an MCU appearance, so I think that Cap will someday get a bigger push. After SW I reckon he'll be in a team in some form or the other, because if he were to die, he'd would have along with the Corps to raise the stakes. Ideally, I'd prefer him in a new Excalibur title, but I wouldn't mind seeing him join an Avengers team as well. Maybe he and Meggan could have a place in that rumoured Remender Occult book. Honestly, with Dr. Strange and Iron Fist opening the doors to the mystic side of the MU, I think a Cap movie isn't too far behind.

It may just be me (although I don't think it will be) but I'd much rather Rick Remender did not work with Brian again. The last two runs were bordering on character assassinations, and I've reached a point of frustration with his writing style after AXIS.

There is a part of me that would like to see another Excalibur. But only if the original line-up were properly reunited. I think it's criminal that they've never done that, and I think the constant reboots with unassociated characters really damaged the Property.

I'd rather that Cap was part of an Avengers team, or another Marvel Universe team, though. Away from the X. Because of Fox, mostly. Which is sad. Because if not *for* Excalibur I'd never have got into reading the X-Men. But the less connections to Fox-owned X-Men the better chance of Marvel Studios TV and movie possibilities.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

BANNED

It may just be me (although I don't think it will be) but I'd much rather Rick Remender did not work with Brian again. The last two runs were bordering on character assassinations, and I've reached a point of frustration with his writing style after AXIS.

There is a part of me that would like to see another Excalibur. But only if the original line-up were properly reunited. I think it's criminal that they've never done that, and I think the constant reboots with unassociated characters really damaged the Property.

I'd rather that Cap was part of an Avengers team, or another Marvel Universe team, though. Away from the X. Because of Fox, mostly. Which is sad. Because if not *for* Excalibur I'd never have got into reading the X-Men. But the less connections to Fox-owned X-Men the better chance of Marvel Studios TV and movie possibilities.
    Yeah, those SA issues were not Brian's best moments. From throwing a tantrum to getting owned by Hawkeye and Beast, he didn't really shine. Ideally, we'd get a new Excalibur series with him, Meggan, Union Jack, Black knight, etc but his best chance is ending up in an Avengers title. Not that it's bad, mind you, but I'd love for him to get the role of the protagonist and not be just a member of the supporting cast.

Yeah, those SA issues were not Brian's best moments. From throwing a tantrum to getting owned by Hawkeye and Beast, he didn't really shine. Ideally, we'd get a new Excalibur series with him, Meggan, Union Jack, Black knight, etc but his best chance is ending up in an Avengers title. Not that it's bad, mind you, but I'd love for him to get the role of the protagonist and not be just a member of the supporting cast.

It would be great if we could have an Avengers team led by Brian and Dane.

But I would suspect I might be one of the only people who bought it.
    It Came From Darkmoor...