Page 88 of 212 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3171

From Byrne's site:

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Brainfart:

If any of you have seen the new direction for Amazing Spidey (which certainly seems to present Parker as running some kind of public facing company) how would you guys feel if Brian were a supporting character. I doubt it would happen, but if Parker Industrues (or whatever it's going to be called) is going to be a thing, how about having Brian working for his old college room mate? How would people feel about that?
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

I have a somewhat Pavlovian response to scream and hide, caused by that Excalibur issue written by Lobdell:

Obviously in the hands of a more friendly writer it could work, but supporting characters tend to simply serve the main hero's needs, and a character like Brian who is stronger than the main hero would almost certainly be made kind of stupid to compensate. So yeah, in a perfect world I think it would be fine, but in the reality of today's comics I think it would probably turn out bad.

I was thinking more along the lines of a sciencebro for Parker, an old friend wrking pn interdimensional tech for Parker's company, who occasionally steps up as Captain Britain. Maybe trying to live as a civillian now that he and Meggan have a kid on the way. Which would obviously be a step backwards in some respects, but new avenues in others.

Right now, unless we're getting some kind of Captain Britain related series in November I have no idea if we'll see any presence for Brian at all in All-New All-Different Marvel.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I would be happy to see Brian and Peter together, so long as it was as equals, and having Meggan remain pregnant after Secret Wars would be awesome. Would prefer a Captain Britain or Excalibur/MI-13 title before that though.

I don't know if it's just me being very fannish about Brian ever being in a movie but everytime I watch the London Has Fallen teaser with the haunting rendition of 'London Bridge' (you can hear it below) in the background, I keep thinking it would make for an awesome MCU Captain Britain film teaser in some wild alternate universe. Hell the mention of 2013 and Olympus has Fallen during the teaser made me imagine them harking back to London getting attacked by the Dark Elves in 'Thor: The Dark World' and revealing Brian's unseen role in that conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Brainfart:

If any of you have seen the new direction for Amazing Spidey (which certainly seems to present Parker as running some kind of public facing company) how would you guys feel if Brian were a supporting character. I doubt it would happen, but if Parker Industrues (or whatever it's going to be called) is going to be a thing, how about having Brian working for his old college room mate? How would people feel about that?
    As i've said elsewhere, I hope peter does meet up with the Marvel UK heroes, like the MI;13 crew.

BANNED

Be nice to hear something about CB's future. I hope it's not limited to supporting roles.

Totally. Even though he was more of a background presence on New Avengers he WAS there right up until SEcret Wars. He, Meggan and Jamie got to appear in Secret Wars 2. But nothing since.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

All-New Member

I still think he has a part to play.

Why would they have bothered to made a reference in the Avengers to Saturnyne placing an "implant" into CB regarding the Starlight citadel?

In Secret wars, Doom is very keen to know the whereabouts of an underground resistance operation. Which name is mentioned as leading / organising? - Braddock!

Quote Originally Posted by Mor View Post
    I still think he has a part to play.

Why would they have bothered to made a reference in the Avengers to Saturnyne placing an "implant" into CB regarding the Starlight citadel?

In Secret wars, Doom is very keen to know the whereabouts of an underground resistance operation. Which name is mentioned as leading / organising? - Braddock!

I certainly hope so. I'd just like some conformation that Brian still exists in All-New All-Different Marvel.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

So I don't know how many of you have seen this:

A New Captain Britain Comic for 2016? - Bleeding Cool

Richard Archer, who runs a Captain Britain blog, shared this up on the Make Mine Marvel UK Facebook page. Rich Johston of of Bleeding Cool had listed a Captain Britain title as being a property he had heard rumblings of for after Secret Wars a while back. Nothing came up in the October Solicits, but that doesn't make it implausible.

I'm a big fan of Mark Buckingham. I've met him a couple of times a Cons. He even sketched me a Mortigan Goth, despite this having been possibly the most obscure Marvel UK property he ever worked on. Which was pretty good of him. He had to explain to his wife who Mortigan actually was. But yeah.

He has a very strong and distinctive art style. I'd love to see what he could do with Captain Britain. What do others think?
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Obviously the idea of C B getting his own series, no matter how short-lived, would be a pretty exciting prospect. The writer would be very important, though - I mean, if it was Chris Claremont I'm not sure I'd want to see it. A British writer who loved Captain Britain and wanted to take the character back to the cynical, absurd, and at times nasty, comic CB was in the Moore days... that would be glorious.

However, I'm not sure I can see it happening. I'm rather worried that Marvel will back Faiza as the new Captain Britain for the column-inches it would provide.

I do wonder about Faiza-Cap. I mean a month ago we would have probably put money on an Al Ewing penning Faiza-Cap series showing up. But Ewing is now penning like 3 other titles launching in October. That suddenly starts to look less likely.

The writer would be important. Bleeding Cool are throwing the idea of Buckingham penning and Gaiman writing, as a plausible idea after they finish up Miracleman. I doubt VERY seriously that we'd get that lucky. But if it was plausible I'd obviously be behind that 1000%
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    I do wonder about Faiza-Cap. I mean a month ago we would have probably put money on an Al Ewing penning Faiza-Cap series showing up. But Ewing is now penning like 3 other titles launching in October. That suddenly starts to look less likely.

The writer would be important. Bleeding Cool are throwing the idea of Buckingham penning and Gaiman writing, as a plausible idea after they finish up Miracleman. I doubt VERY seriously that we'd get that lucky. But if it was plausible I'd obviously be behind that 1000%
    That would be great. Just read the bleedingcool post (thanks!). Anyone else interested, you can read it here

Especially encouraging to read was this: "During which he (Buckingham) talked about his love for the Marvel comics character Captain Britain and his desire to work on the character."

You know, bleedingcool often get these kinds of things right.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That would be great. Just read the bleedingcool post (thanks!). Anyone else interested, you can read it here

Especially encouraging to read was this: "During which he (Buckingham) talked about his love for the Marvel comics character Captain Britain and his desire to work on the character."

You know, bleedingcool often get these kinds of things right.

They often do. Or at least roundabout right.

There was a 'Captain Britain related book' listed on their predictions for the post-Secret Wars books. Obviously there wasn't one which popped up in the October solicits, but that doesn't mean it's implausible. After all the rumour had to have come from somewhere.
    It Came From Darkmoor...