Page 90 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3171
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Good to see bleedingcool are also on the lookout for a Captain Britain comic.

If Marvel do decide to go ahead with one, I do think it will need some good hype and marketing a la GotG and top notch creators in order for it to have a decent run.

11666316_10153093258976359_3556169618902307891_n-600x450.jpg
    The image in all its glory from that BleedingCool article.

Black Knight & Death's Head! Wooo!

BANNED

Some good news coming about the UK indeed.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Death's Head AND Dane. As separate titles we might hope. That is great news.

Still no sign of Brian though....

Come on Marvel.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Death's Head AND Dane. As separate titles we might hope. That is great news.

Still no sign of Brian though....

Come on Marvel.
    Yeah hopefully something soon for CB. As far as Bk goes, I am wondering if it is going to be a buddy story with Herc. I read in an interview that Frank Tieri pitched that idea. Or how about a solo or with Thunderbolts?

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but. An interview about the Contest of Champions comics Ewing is going to do has been released and here are some snippets:

Marvel.com: Who are the key characters featured in CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS? Is anybody off-limits?

Al Ewing: Nobody is too big or too small to be involved. For example, one of our main characters is Outlaw, the British Punisher, a character who’s appeared in two or three stories in his entire existence. And he’ll be teaming up in issue #1 with movie stars and global icons Iron Man and Gamora to fight Devil Hydrasaur, the Hydra-leaning Devil Dinosaur. That was a fun afternoon’s work.

And then there’s the Maestro. Can we mention the Maestro yet?

Marvel.com: What are the characters, elements, or early moments you are most excited for?

Paco Medina [Everything] in this project excites me.

It’s [my] first time [working] in this way: alternating the drawing with the development of a video game; [a] dream come true for any comic artist.

Gabriel Frizzera: I can’t wait to see some of the new characters planned for the comic appear in the game to kick some butt, especially a brand-new character we are going to introduce in both the comics and the game.

Al Ewing: Outlaw, Guillotine, the Cystalcatraz, Joe Fixit, Sentry, Maestro...can we talk about the Maestro? There are a couple of characters we’re bringing in who I won’t mention yet, but they’re going to really surprise people, in a good way. The Devil Hydrasaur bit looks awesome. There’s a bit in my head to start off issue #2 with a character who hasn’t been seen in a while, and that’s going to look fantastic. Plus, for what may be the first time in Marvel’s long history, we visit the dangerous, forbidden realm of excitement known as Yorkshire. It’s a fun time had by all.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/24796/...#ixzz3fgu3FOK2

sounds interesting.
    I surrender to the Contest

This really does sound like it could tap into that void that was left by eXiles a few years back. I'm so going to have to pick it up.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

I'm really liking the sound of what Ewing is cooking up! British Punisher could be awesome!

Oooo cool! I haven't read ANY of the Frontier comics. Not even Mortigan Goth. I don't see it on Amazon UK though. I own most of the noteworthy Marvel UK comics (only Gun Runner, Death Metal, Death Wreck, Cyberspace 3000 and some pre-90's titles to go) so will definitely keep an eye out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayguy View Post
    Oooo cool! I haven't read ANY of the Frontier comics. Not even Mortigan Goth. I don't see it on Amazon UK though. I own most of the noteworthy Marvel UK comics (only Gun Runner, Death Metal, Death Wreck, Cyberspace 3000 and some pre-90's titles to go) so will definitely keep an eye out for it.

Yes. It does seem a bit of an obscure set of books to be collecting up. But definitely a welcome one.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Hi Guys. I've as Joe Acro if it might be possible to get this thread added to the list of appreciation threads in the forum directory. I don't know about you, but I'm finding I have to thumb back through a few pages to find us from time to time.

It might help.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Brian's brief appearance in CB & The Mighty Defenders:

Bizarrely enough the colours are right, but Alan Davis has drawn the flag in the background wrong!