Page 94 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3171

Well work is done for the week and to the boards I go. Has anyone mentioned yet the Nick Fury "Fury" from Siege#2?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    And here's the full solicitation for Dark Knight #1:

BLACK KNIGHT #1
    Frank Tieri (w) • LUCA PIZZARI (a)
    Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    Variant Cover by ERIC POWELL
    HIP- HOP VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    What do you do when it’s your destiny to be damned? For centuries, that is the question that has plagued each wielder of the Ebony Blade... with all of them eventually meeting untimely ends due to the sword’s curse. And it is the question the current Black Knight, Dane Whitman, must ask himself as his addiction to the blade grows ever stronger and he finds himself in the aptly named Weirdworld. What are the circumstances that brought him to leave Earth and enter this strange and dangerous realm? And what do the Uncanny Avengers have to do with it? Find out here in this new ongoing tale of sword, sorcery and one man’s struggle to not lose his soul.
    32 PGS/RATED T+ ...$3.99
    I waited for this for a long time. Hopefully, it will sell well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IzzY World View Post
    Hi there! Long time no speak - mainly coz i've been head down working on AVENGERS UK stuff---

Not sure if any of you have seen the latest issue of my spin-off series DEFENDERS UK - - issue #2 has JUST hit and it's set on EARTH 238 the Crooked World) and has cameos from CAPTAIN UK/Linda McQuillan (given a NEW LOOK that predates her Alan Davis CB costume) and brief cameos from Sir James Jaspers and Earth 238 heroes The Iron Tallon, Col. Tusker and The Fury!!
    Also 'meta' cameos from Vic Reeves, Bob Mortimer, Mrs Overall (Acorn Antiques) and an homage to The Leopard of Lime Street....

Attachment 25439

Attachment 25440

Attachment 25441

For the FREE issue see this link:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2120857&type=1
    Awesome mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Well work is done for the week and to the boards I go. Has anyone mentioned yet the Nick Fury "Fury" from Siege#2?

My jaw dropped when I saw that - I was only just told about this the other day - the reason why I was shocked is coz I had planned a VERY similar idea for my comic DEFENDERS UK -
    *spoilers* the set up my 'Sgt Fury' character is part of my latest issue of Defenders UK.

That's yet another 'co-incidence' where I created a concept (DEFENDERS UK) and a month or two later CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND THE DEFENDERS comic arrives
    !!
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Spider-Bloke, Spider-Bloke, does whatever a spider does, spins his webs, catches thieves, with ease! Spider-Bloke!
    which reminds me - the Punk Spider-Man was also a Brit - I can't remember if he survived the Spiderverse saga?
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

Punk Spidey was a Hobie Brown alternate. he wasn't British.

oh, and he did survive.
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Punk Spidey was a Hobie Brown alternate. he wasn't British.

oh, and he did survive.
    Ahhh thanks - for some reason ii thought he was British from his speech pattern - might be imagining it !

He was originally supposed to be Spider-UK, because the artist didn't realise Spider-UK needed to reflect he was in the CB Corps. Slott loved the design and so concocted Spider-Punk to use the design.

All-New Member

Any thoughts on CB & MD 2? The conversation between Faiza and doctor Doom was interesting.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mor View Post
    Any thoughts on CB & MD 2? The conversation between Faiza and doctor Doom was interesting.
    I enjoyed it. In fact it was an enjoyable 2 issues mini. If a little short.

My only issue remains that I by far prefer Faiza as her own character. As a Captain none of her powerset (be that her Skrull given live-autopsy style powers or the way she wields Excalibur) have anything to really do with the Captain Britain Mythos.

It's an interesting What If...? but I really wouldn't want it long term.

Faiza is interesting as a character in her own right. That's the character I would want to see explored. Leave the whole mess of the Captain Britain Mythos over to Brian.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The following was asked and answered on AXEL-IN-CHARGE today:

kaijudo: "No word yet in the ANAD Marvel U about two of my favorites: Captain Britain and Alpha Flight. Any plans for either of those characters/titles?"

Alonso:*Stay tuned for good news, I think.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The following was asked and answered on AXEL-IN-CHARGE today:

kaijudo: "No word yet in the ANAD Marvel U about two of my favorites: Captain Britain and Alpha Flight. Any plans for either of those characters/titles?"

Alonso:*Stay tuned for good news, I think.
    That sounds promising
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Anyone read the Mockingbird SHIELD 50th Anniversary issue yet? Lance Hunter makes an appearance, clearly trying to make the comics and TV shows match up. Looks younger than his previous comic book appearances. Am I wrong in thinking that? Don't think his age has ever been referenced. Only artist and reader impressions of his portrayal. Or are we dealing with Lance Hunter Jr.?

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwayguy View Post
    Anyone read the Mockingbird SHIELD 50th Anniversary issue yet? Lance Hunter makes an appearance, clearly trying to make the comics and TV shows match up. Looks younger than his previous comic book appearances. Am I wrong in thinking that? Don't think his age has ever been referenced. Only artist and reader impressions of his portrayal. Or are we dealing with Lance Hunter Jr.?
    Maybe, i don't mind.
    Lance's wardrobe in the one-shot was high level eye-candy. I want it to be passed to their spin-off show.

he definitely looks younger. Considering Hunter was supposed to be a Royal Navy Commodore (the lowest rank of the Admiralty), he can't be that young. Either he's been radically deaged to make him like the AoS version, or this is his similarly named nephew or his son or something.