Page 95 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3171

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The following was asked and answered on AXEL-IN-CHARGE today:

kaijudo: "No word yet in the ANAD Marvel U about two of my favorites: Captain Britain and Alpha Flight. Any plans for either of those characters/titles?"

Alonso:*Stay tuned for good news, I think.
    Excellent! Black Knight solo and now something for CB.

So, historically, how much of the Marvel UK produced books over the decades matters in overall Marvel continuity, since relatively little of it has been published stateside, other than infrequent reprints?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So, historically, how much of the Marvel UK produced books over the decades matters in overall Marvel continuity, since relatively little of it has been published stateside, other than infrequent reprints?
    Quite a bit since they tied CB, BK and Excalibur into the X-Men and Avengers books. Excalibur really began the shift from Marvel UK not being all to relevant and then into the main MU when they added popular mutants like Kitty and Nightcrawler to the book from the beginning with CB and Meggan.

Same thing with BK. One of his firsts appearances was in the Avengers and he later on became an Avenger. Later on they tied Roma and Psylocke into some X-Men stories on various occasions and the rest is history.

So basically, the most important books are the CB omni, Excalibur, CB mini-series, CB and MI:13. The Hulk Weekly was pretty important too because it established BK's importance to CB.
    Last edited by The Whovian; 09-05-2015 at 06:42 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The following was asked and answered on AXEL-IN-CHARGE today:

kaijudo: "No word yet in the ANAD Marvel U about two of my favorites: Captain Britain and Alpha Flight. Any plans for either of those characters/titles?"

Alonso:*Stay tuned for good news, I think.

That actually does sound Damned Promising. I'll cross my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayguy View Post
    Anyone read the Mockingbird SHIELD 50th Anniversary issue yet? Lance Hunter makes an appearance, clearly trying to make the comics and TV shows match up. Looks younger than his previous comic book appearances. Am I wrong in thinking that? Don't think his age has ever been referenced. Only artist and reader impressions of his portrayal. Or are we dealing with Lance Hunter Jr.?

His age has never been directly referenced, no. The rather high hairline in earlier appearances might have suggested an older man. But yes, in more recent times that seems to have been done away with.

Does anybody have access to an image of him from that issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

The shortest and easiest answer is almost all of it. In terms of 'Marvel UK' content, anyway. Panini's UK generated Marvel material was not. But that's a very different thing.

Unless stated otherwise (and there were a very small number of exceptions to the rule) all stories that were published we in continuity. Some (Mortigan Goth - Immortalis, for example) directly referenced current events. That book was referencing Doctor Strange's own series at the time.

Seb Shaw of the Hellfire Club turns up in Captain Britain. The Fantastic Four turn up in Death's Head, followed later by Death's Head turning up in Walt Simonsen's Fantastic Four.

While there are some problems with legal rights in relation to Marvel UK material (licenses properties such as Doctor Who) the greater majority of UK generated material was indeed in-continuity.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post

Cheers, Captain.

And yeah. Yeesh. If not a significant de-ageing, certainly a significant re thatching of a hairline if ever I saw one.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    And yeah. Yeesh. If not a significant de-ageing, certainly a significant re thatching of a hairline if ever I saw one.
    I'm thinking more likely that this Lance Hunter is a son or nephew of the original, as opposed to being the same man.

His age has never been directly referenced, no. The rather high hairline in earlier appearances might have suggested an older man. But yes, in more recent times that seems to have been done away with.
    There's just something about Lance Hunter's early Captain Britain appearances that makes me think...

Have to admit, I'm still kinda shocked that Lance Hunter was chosen for Agents of SHIELD. Joseph Hauer or Joseph Chapman would have been my choices for a British representation with a sort-of espionage-y flavor in the Cinematic Universe. Maybe Joe Hauer sounds too much like Jack Bauer and Union Jack is still racing cars in Iron Man 2. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I'm thinking more likely that this Lance Hunter is a son or nephew of the original, as opposed to being the same man.

I really wish they'd stop doing that kind of thing. It really devalues to characters, to me.

There's just something about Lance Hunter's early Captain Britain appearances that makes me think...

I... know what you mean. There was definitely the vibe of a comb-over, even if it wasn't in truth.

I actually see a certain amount of similarity with 70s John Cleese in those early appearances.

Have to admit, I'm still kinda shocked that Lance Hunter was chosen for Agents of SHIELD. Joseph Hauer or Joseph Chapman would have been my choices for a British representation with a sort-of espionage-y flavor in the Cinematic Universe. Maybe Joe Hauer sounds too much like Jack Bauer and Union Jack is still racing cars in Iron Man 2. Who knows.

Both would have been a much more logical inclusion, I agree.

I mean what they clearly wanted was Pete Wisdom. But, you know. Fox.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

All-New Member

Shocked about the appearance of a Marvel Frontier Collection - cold it be more a creator-led decision, as opposed to a small step toward putting out the MUK stuff (finally)?

I'm guessing that, once this apparent Death's Head series comes out, a release of trades to accompany it would not be a great stretch of the imagination?
    I know it's been released before; I wonder about the Death's Head II stuff?

#daydreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wing View Post
    Shocked about the appearance of a Marvel Frontier Collection - cold it be more a creator-led decision, as opposed to a small step toward putting out the MUK stuff (finally)?

I'm guessing that, once this apparent Death's Head series comes out, a release of trades to accompany it would not be a great stretch of the imagination?
    I know it's been released before; I wonder about the Death's Head II stuff?

#daydreaming

The DH II stuff has not been. Mind you if you were to include everything DH II turned up in back in the early 90s it would have to include *most* of Marvel UK.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

The shortest and easiest answer is almost all of it. In terms of 'Marvel UK' content, anyway. Panini's UK generated Marvel material was not. But that's a very different thing.

Unless stated otherwise (and there were a very small number of exceptions to the rule) all stories that were published we in continuity. Some (Mortigan Goth - Immortalis, for example) directly referenced current events. That book was referencing Doctor Strange's own series at the time.

Seb Shaw of the Hellfire Club turns up in Captain Britain. The Fantastic Four turn up in Death's Head, followed later by Death's Head turning up in Walt Simonsen's Fantastic Four.
    Makes me wonder if Panini comics have their own number... sorry did.

Also, didn't Motormouth and Killpower appear in Hulk once?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Makes me wonder if Panini comics have their own number... sorry did.

Also, didn't Motormouth and Killpower appear in Hulk once?
    They did indeed. During the Peter David days, with Gary Frank on art.

Death's Head also showed up in She Hulk, too.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

All-New Member

I'd don't know if I could afford it if there is a captain Britian, deaths head, and black knight series all at once.

Especially with Titan comics 8th doctor mini on the go too....

A lot of my favourite characters have series right now, it's unbelievable and a bit pricy....

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-chan View Post
    I'd don't know if I could afford it if there is a captain Britian, deaths head, and black knight series all at once.

Especially with Titan comics 8th doctor mini on the go too....

A lot of my favourite characters have series right now, it's unbelievable and a bit pricy....

I know what you mean. Still, we have no official word on a Captain Britain title. Yet. Bleeding Cool seemed relatively confident a while back, but we've seen nothing even vaguely tangible to support that.

Despite Alonso's words I'm still not certain it will happen. For all we know there will be some kind of guest appearance, and that's all.
    Last edited by The Sword is Drawn; 09-10-2015 at 01:07 AM.
    It Came From Darkmoor...