Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Default All New Invaders #11 review spoilers

No thread yet what a, shame. I guess it's up to me.

The search for Jim Hammond is on. Iron Cross Bucky, Namor are on Namor Alan tian ship. Old man Steve Rodgers is, on comm. Namor says he looked for Jim find I g him in Austria but lost him. While namor searched time passed allowing the book to catch up with continity, which the new Iron Cross serves as exposition while being suprized, at how much changes. She says in Germany she's a, hero but harley fights super villians. While in America steve lost his powers, nick fury is dead and namor is, more hated then ever. Namor says regardless he is committed to finding and saving Jim.

Steve is suprized he cares so much steve berates him again, about his involvement with the Illuminati. Namor am it's his arrogance and stupidity. Namor says jim represents the, best that he was as they all, we're as invaders together.

Namor states he, found jim in Sydney and fought. He lost.

Steve questions iron cross who states since namor spoke out for her father she loves him and, wants to help rescue Jim.

Jim finds them instead and destroys the, ship iron crosses cues the female Alan tian pot namor can fly so winter soldier is falling. Radiance appears just in time and saves him. They try and reason with the Human Torch. Who's is, still, wigging out.

Radiance attempt to bend light around him to shield from the fire jim is feeling guilty from the atom bomb Hortons death they also correct him saying he wasn't created but born, born a full grown man but still born. Iron Cross tells him that Dagmar blast changed him and in order to burn out the machines controlling him. He needs to go up into the atmosphere and burn them out of his system. Namor says, he'll go with him to catch him. Jim jokes that lady time he did this he died. Do Torch and nor head up.

Art was great as, always. This issue was amazing. Having namor search while original sin and Remender's cap run happen is funny. But that didn't bother me I'm glad that the book has caught up to current continuity. The use of Radiance and iron cross ups the female quota the book needs. Steve still dissing namor could get old unless they come to an understanding. I wanted to see more of Toro, but it's cool toro spitfire and union jack plus destroyer are saved for ne, t issue so that'd cool. 10/10 excellent book
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    No thread yet what a, shame. I guess it's up to me.

The search for Jim Hammond is on. Iron Cross Bucky, Namor are on Namor Alan tian ship. Old man Steve Rodgers is, on comm. Namor says he looked for Jim find I g him in Austria but lost him. While namor searched time passed allowing the book to catch up with continity, which the new Iron Cross serves as exposition while being suprized, at how much changes. She says in Germany she's a, hero but harley fights super villians. While in America steve lost his powers, nick fury is dead and namor is, more hated then ever. Namor says regardless he is committed to finding and saving Jim.

Steve is suprized he cares so much steve berates him again, about his involvement with the Illuminati. Namor am it's his arrogance and stupidity. Namor says jim represents the, best that he was as they all, we're as invaders together.

Namor states he, found jim in Sydney and fought. He lost.

Steve questions iron cross who states since namor spoke out for her father she loves him and, wants to help rescue Jim.

Jim finds them instead and destroys the, ship iron crosses cues the female Alan tian pot namor can fly so winter soldier is falling. Radiance appears just in time and saves him. They try and reason with the Human Torch. Who's is, still, wigging out.

Radiance attempt to bend light around him to shield from the fire jim is feeling guilty from the atom bomb Hortons death they also correct him saying he wasn't created but born, born a full grown man but still born. Iron Cross tells him that Dagmar blast changed him and in order to burn out the machines controlling him. He needs to go up into the atmosphere and burn them out of his system. Namor says, he'll go with him to catch him. Jim jokes that lady time he did this he died. Do Torch and nor head up.

Art was great as, always. This issue was amazing. Having namor search while original sin and Remender's cap run happen is funny. But that didn't bother me I'm glad that the book has caught up to current continuity. The use of Radiance and iron cross ups the female quota the book needs. Steve still dissing namor could get old unless they come to an understanding. I wanted to see more of Toro, but it's cool toro spitfire and union jack plus destroyer are saved for ne, t issue so that'd cool. 10/10 excellent book
    This must be before the New Avengers where spoilers:
    Namor pulls the trigger to destroy an entire inhabited alternate Earth
    end of spoilers, because if it were after, any angst over the tidal wave in NYC back in the day would be completely overshadowed by more recent events.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    end of spoilers, because if it were after, any angst over the tidal wave in NYC back in the day would be completely overshadowed by more recent events.
    It's after. Steve is an old man and he and Namor discuss what the Illuminati has done and how the others are on the run.

Mighty Member

I continue to appreciate the Jim love. I hope other writers start using him. I fear that he still doesn't have a real place outside of the Invaders. Yes, he's part of SHIELD, but I don't expect to see him in Secret Avengers, the agents of Shield ongoing, or in any of the instances in which SHIELD forces itself into any other book. I'm not saying he should join the Avengers because way too many heroes are Avengers, but I'd like more guest appearances from other writers.

is'nt that a secret between the illuminati? if you mean the angst would be with the invaders?

i loved the brotherhood between namor and jim, namor might be in a pickle but true to his character he won't turn down a bro in need

unfortunately between the cabaluminati, man in the wall bucky, this book i feel came out at a bad time,continuity-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I continue to appreciate the Jim love. I hope other writers start using him. I fear that he still doesn't have a real place outside of the Invaders. Yes, he's part of SHIELD, but I don't expect to see him in Secret Avengers, the agents of Shield ongoing, or in any of the instances in which SHIELD forces itself into any other book. I'm not saying he should join the Avengers because way too many heroes are Avengers, but I'd like more guest appearances from other writers.
    who has his tv/movie rights ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It's after. Steve is an old man and he and Namor discuss what the Illuminati has done and how the others are on the run.
    It could be after Steve remembers the Illuminati and the mindwipe, but just before the other incident. If it's after that, then I can't see the NYC tidal wave figuring into anything any longer, or Steve working with Namor under any circumstances if he knows precisely what he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    is'nt that a secret between the illuminati? if you mean the angst would be with the invaders?
    Steve is old and has remembered the Illuminati by this point, but I meant more that just in Namor's own mind, if spoilers:
    he's killed an entire Earth
    end of spoilers then the tidal wave incident shouldn't even figure in comparison.

It could be after Steve remembers the Illuminati and the mindwipe, but just before the other incident. If it's after that, then I can't see the NYC tidal wave figuring into anything any longer, or Steve working with Namor under any circumstances if he knows precisely what he's done.
    But Steve remembering the Illuminati happened the same time as the Illuminati's fight with the Great Society.

Steve remembered, attacked Tony, accidentally activated the Time Gem, Tony got called away to deal with the Great Society Incursion.

Of course Tony helped out the Avengers after Steve got old. So continuity is a mess

Steve is old and has remembered the Illuminati by this point, but I meant more that just in Namor's own mind, if spoilers:
    he's killed an entire Earth
    end of spoilers then the tidal wave incident shouldn't even figure in comparison.

No one (except the illuminati) knows what Namor did.
    Steve was'nt fighting the great society.

Yes, the tidal wave pales in comparison with that.

i don't see why Namor should mention it to his war buddies though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    But Steve remembering the Illuminati happened the same time as the Illuminati's fight with the Great Society.

Steve remembered, attacked Tony, accidentally activated the Time Gem, Tony got called away to deal with the Great Society Incursion.

Of course Tony helped out the Avengers after Steve got old. So continuity is a mess
    Shoot, yeah. If the Great Society story is immediately after Tony gets back from the Time Gem mess, then by this point Steve is already convinced that the Illuminati have probably already murdered worlds despite Tony's protestations, then just as Steve gets back from the future, the rest of the Illuminati balk at pulling the trigger except for Namor here.

So, Steve being willing to work with Namor in this story, or at the very least not asking him point blank if they've killed any worlds yet, is very, very strange. Remember, in Avengers #34, as soon as he gets back, Steve tells Thor, Hyperion, Starbrand, Hawkeye, and Black Widow that he is immediately alerting all the Avengers to the Illuminati and what they've been doing with the purpose of gathering them all to hunt the Illuminati down. He's hale and hearty, placing it before the conclusion of Original Sin and Iron Nail and Axis and definitely this story, so one would assume that every Avenger knows the Illuminati reformed, that the Incursions happen, and that the Illuminati including Namor have been proposing to murder Earths as a backup plan to deal with them.

No one (except the illuminati) knows what Namor did.
    Steve was'nt fighting the great society.

Yes, the tidal wave pales in comparison with that.

i don't see why Namor should mention it to his war buddies though.
    He might not want to mention it, but Steve would surely be asking him if he and his other buddies had killed any Earths yet.

Shoot, yeah. If the Great Society story is immediately after Tony gets back from the Time Gem mess, then by this point Steve is already convinced that the Illuminati have probably already murdered worlds despite Tony's protestations, then just as Steve gets back from the future, the rest of the Illuminati balk at pulling the trigger except for Namor here.

So, Steve being willing to work with Namor in this story, or at the very least not asking him point blank if they've killed any worlds yet, is very, very strange. Remember, in Avengers #34, as soon as he gets back, Steve tells Thor, Hyperion, Starbrand, Hawkeye, and Black Widow that he is immediately alerting all the Avengers to the Illuminati and what they've been doing with the purpose of gathering them all to hunt the Illuminati down. He's hale and hearty, placing it before the conclusion of Original Sin and Iron Nail and Axis and definitely this story, so one would assume that every Avenger knows the Illuminati reformed, that the Incursions happen, and that the Illuminati including Namor have been proposing to murder Earths as a backup plan to deal with them.
    Steve is old now so its after Iron Nail

Mighty Member

who has his tv/movie rights ?
    Marvel. They showed him for a split second in Captain America: The First Avengers. He was in a glass capsule.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Marvel. They showed him for a split second in Captain America: The First Avengers. He was in a glass capsule.
    If Jim appears in MAOS..i MIGHT watch it.
    make him an agent of shield who's been around since WW2 and most his missions are off the books,thats why we never saw him in the movies.

He might not want to mention it, but Steve would surely be asking him if he and his other buddies had killed any Earths yet.
    then there's his other buddies :P