Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Weakest action movie character that could solo Jason Bourne?

Just like I did last year in the old CBR from one Fall ago and by inspiration from the bourne vs expendables thread, I'm going to ask... what are a list of the weakest action movie (or live-action TV with action elements) characters that could destroy Jason Bourne in the following rounds?

1) Hand to Hand

2) Shootout

3) Everything goes without prep for both characters

4) Everything goes with prep for both characters

Make your lists and state your reasons now. You know the drill, ladies and gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    2) Shootout
    For the shootout scenario alone, there's Blondie, the Man With No Name, from the Eastwood spaghetti westerns.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    For the shootout scenario alone, there's Blondie, the Man With No Name, from the Eastwood spaghetti westerns.
    okay coolbeans.

anyone else you can list?

I don't know the weakest, but here are some that could do it:

1. Most if not all Jackie Chan characters.
    2. The Punisher(Tom Jane)
    3. Colonel John Matrix(Commando), John Rambo(First Blood movies)
    4. John Rambo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I don't know the weakest, but here are some that could do it:

1. Most if not all Jackie Chan characters.
    2. The Punisher(Tom Jane)
    3. Colonel John Matrix(Commando), John Rambo(First Blood movies)
    4. John Rambo
    I agree with your list and you are right, those are definitely NOT the weakest.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

"Most" Jackie Chan characters wouldn't stand a chance against Bourne. Some certainly would stomp him, but "most if not all?" - dude was in quite a few Rush Hour movies, just off the top of my head.

For HtH - maybe high-end Seagal characters or something, but really, they lack the really high-end feats Bourne has. Seagal annihilates mooks, Bourne destroys armed super-ninja-assassins.

And Rambo with prep? Really? Breaking into a viet prisoner camp guarded by total incompetents (I direct you to the famous arrow scene) with government help and intel isn't really all that impressive compared to going solo into a secret CIA station in Manhattan, breaking into the directors office and safe, and doing all of this while literally Public Enemy #1 with an international manhunt out for you.

Matrix is significantly higher-end than Rambo - and is basically a reality-warper.

For the shootout, someone like Matthew Quigley comes to mind - I don't know that he could do it, but he's about the lowest-end person who'd have a shot. His scene with the revolver against three prepped dudes specializing in revolver combat after being savagely beaten and dragged behind a horse was pretty awesome.

Fight 1: Rama from The Raid Movies.

2-4: Yulaw.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Fight 1: Rama from The Raid Movies.

2-4: Yulaw.
    You really think Rama could do it? I don't - he can take enormous punishment, but he does take it (getting hit - a lot), and I don't think he's fast enough to hit Bourne at all. Bourne's also awesome with locks and such. In addition, Raid II seems to have downgraded Rama a bit. I own all the movies and have watched them all in the last couple of months.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    "Most" Jackie Chan characters wouldn't stand a chance against Bourne. Some certainly would stomp him, but "most if not all?" - dude was in quite a few Rush Hour movies, just off the top of my head.

For HtH - maybe high-end Seagal characters or something, but really, they lack the really high-end feats Bourne has. Seagal annihilates mooks, Bourne destroys armed super-ninja-assassins.

And Rambo with prep? Really? Breaking into a viet prisoner camp guarded by total incompetents (I direct you to the famous arrow scene) with government help and intel isn't really all that impressive compared to going solo into a secret CIA station in Manhattan, breaking into the directors office and safe, and doing all of this while literally Public Enemy #1 with an international manhunt out for you.

Matrix is significantly higher-end than Rambo - and is basically a reality-warper.

For the shootout, someone like Matthew Quigley comes to mind - I don't know that he could do it, but he's about the lowest-end person who'd have a shot. His scene with the revolver against three prepped dudes specializing in revolver combat after being savagely beaten and dragged behind a horse was pretty awesome.
    I don't think hes talking about neo from matrix.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I nominate Jason Bourne, but it'll be roughly 50/50 in each match.

Obvious answer and probably not the weakest, but Captain America can do it. He's more than likely fast and strong enough to take him HTH, and the only real trouble is the gunfight section, but it's not like Cap hasn't used a gun before, just not well.
    Fortunam adversarius, nihil prosperum habebitis

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnight344 View Post
    Obvious answer and probably not the weakest, but Captain America can do it. He's more than likely fast and strong enough to take him HTH, and the only real trouble is the gunfight section, but it's not like Cap hasn't used a gun before, just not well.
    Well in that case, let's go one step lower on the rung, with MCU Black Widow in each of the four matches.

I haven't seen the Bourne movies in what feels like forever so I'm not exactly sure of Bourne's overall level, I know he's above most action movie heroes, but I'm not too sure how he and Widow compare.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnight344 View Post
    I haven't seen the Bourne movies in what feels like forever so I'm not exactly sure of Bourne's overall level, I know he's above most action movie heroes, but I'm not too sure how he and Widow compare.
    Well I just watched Avengers again last night (I had a hellofva time trying to teach my dad who these characters are), and some of her feats are really outrageous, especially in the final fight sequence when she leaps off Cap's shield and grabs the tail of a Chitauri antigrav cycle. Start at 3:12 for that sequence: The Avengers's Black Widow Tribute.

So yeah, I think that feat-wise, she beats Bourne. The next question being: is there a weaker character between her and Bourne who can also win all four matches?

Well I'm not exactly an action movie buff, but if memory serves, Riddick has some pretty good strength and durability feats, though speed is something I'm iffy on, as no really good speed feats come to mind.