Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Far from being a Bourne expert, but from what I've read, higher-tier characters from the Arrowverse (Ollie, Malcolm, Nyssa, Island!Slade and Billy...) should be able to win 1, maybe 2 (depending on the result for 2, maybe 3. Ollie and Malcolm have good shots at winning due to explosive arrows). Bourne with prep should win 4, barring Malcolm bringing the earthquake device with him, and surviving long enough for it to go off.

Also, I suggest Reese from Person of Interest for a good shootout match (casually kneecapping a running guy from a good distance is easyb for him). His defeating a SWAT team while basically dying suggests that 1 wouldn't be a complete stomp in Bourne's favour, either...

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Honestly, Bourne's HtH is better or even significantly better than Ollie's and his soak is at least equal. Bourne does even better against cops/mooks than Ollie does in HtH, and, as often stated, wins fights against armed super-assassins (people trained to be on his own level) when all he has is a pen or a dish-towel. His speed might be comparable (it's better by his consistent HtH feats), though Ollie now has an actual arrow-catch feat (complete with using that arrow as a shot against the shooter - fun stuff there) from not-excessive range, so Ollie's likely got a slight edge there. Bourne isn't quite as Parkour agile, though he's certainly not far below barring the bow-based grappling-line stuff. Bourne's prep is significantly better (the CIA building feat alone is ridiculous), and his accuracy is definitely as good, plus he's using a gun, not a bow, which is an automatic speed edge, both for getting off the shot and the projectile itself. Ollie has the edge of trick arrows, of course.

I'd say Bourne takes the majority in HtH against the non-Mirakuru-Slade Arrow fighters (at worst a slight speed deficit, but better skill), breaks even-ish at worst in shooting (innate quickness edge to gunplay over bowshot making up for trick arrows) and anything-goes stuff (his stealth and tactics plus gun even out the trick-arrow factor), and dominates with prep. Ollie would take a gymnastics contest pretty handily, and it's not like he'd get obscenely humiliated by Bourne in any of the "events." If the question is, could Ollie beat Bourne in these situations? Sure, in all but a prep-fight. If the question is "does Ollie win any of the events 10/10 against Bourne?" the answer is a resounding "not a chance."

I mean, it's a big difference between someone who could beat Bourne in one or more of these events sometimes and someone who would beat Bourne every time. Ollie is certainly in the former category, but definitely not really close to the later.

Replying to discussion between two other posters:

Bourne would not beat Bucky in HtH. I don't think the person that floated the comparison actually meant that he could - he stated that Bourne could do it if Bucky lacked the mechanical arm. And maybe he could, but it would be a minority situation even then, I'd say, given how close Bucky was to Cap. Granted, Cap only didn't stomp Bucky thanks to the arm and, of course, his lack of desire to stomp his best friend. Cap was marginally quicker in HtH, only Bucky's arm gave him some momentary edges.

If you want an action movie character who can take out Bourne in HtH 100% of the time, you are looking at people who are clearly implicit or explicit metahumans - Cap, Bucky, movie Daredevil (bullet-timer) - people like that.

In a shootout only, Roland from the Dark Tower series would own Bourne. Dude had superhuman drawing and aiming speed.

Probably 1st continuity James Bond, given that he can take hits from metas, beats highly trained (IN HIS UNIVERSE - can't really compare choreography) martial artists and assassins, and can 1-hit KO people with consistency (whether you call that pressure points or strength is up to the user).

2nd continuity James Bond is basically a lower level Bourne with high soak and can't do it.

I don't know about the weakest action character who could take out Bourne, but maybe Bane from TDKR could do it. That would be interesting to see, anyway. Bane is a brute force brawler who can snap someone's neck with no effort, while Bourne is pure unadulterated skill and agility. He's a living weapon.
    Last edited by Amibo_Amore; 10-27-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Movie Kenshin? He did have some good speed, skill and some level bullet timing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nw7h5t1zR8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soMFn-5L8gc

Veidt could take the H2H fight and probably the prep battle too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp17HQ155c0
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Amibo_Amore View Post
    I don't know about the weakest action character who could take out Bourne, but maybe Bane from TDKR could do it. That would be interesting to see, anyway. Bane is a brute force brawler who can snap someone's neck with no effort, while Bourne is pure unadulterated skill and agility. He's a living weapon.
    Bane is an absolute no, he is way too slow and got beaten by being punched in the face a lot by a similarly slow guy.
    Fortunam adversarius, nihil prosperum habebitis

Fantastic Member

Bourne would be schooled by Oliver and anyone remotely near his level in arrow-verse in H2H due to having no speed-feats on his/their level and atrocious agility by their standards. Guys like Cap are extreme overkill. Some vampire from the blade movies is probably the weakest. Those guys could get by on him just due to vampire style soak to standard conventional weapons and somewhat comparable stats in all areas but skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Daenarys Stormborn View Post
    Bourne would be schooled by Oliver and anyone remotely near his level in arrow-verse in H2H due to having no speed-feats on his/their level and atrocious agility by their standards. Guys like Cap are extreme overkill. Some vampire from the blade movies is probably the weakest. Those guys could get by on him just due to vampire style soak to standard conventional weapons and somewhat comparable stats in all areas but skill.
    Bourne's HtH is better than Ollie's, and his speed in HtH is equally better. I'm sorry, I've seen each of the Bourne movies multiple times, and every episode of Arrow - Bourne is taking the majority from Ollie, and he's annihilating people below Ollie. Ollie has some other non-HtH speed feats that might give him a slight edge in speed, but his skill deficit would be telling even in that case.

I think maybe Trinity or Morpheus from Matrix could do it. Not too sure though. The other's don't have enough feats and Neo and the agents are overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I think maybe Trinity or Morpheus from Matrix could do it. Not too sure though. The other's don't have enough feats and Neo and the agents are overkill.
    Trinity might be fast enough. She's a very good aim dodger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPtk7mweahY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuslUzbJEaw
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Bourne's HtH is better than Ollie's, and his speed in HtH is equally better. I'm sorry, I've seen each of the Bourne movies multiple times, and every episode of Arrow - Bourne is taking the majority from Ollie, and he's annihilating people below Ollie. Ollie has some other non-HtH speed feats that might give him a slight edge in speed, but his skill deficit would be telling even in that case.
    I don't agree. I'll explain.

Bourne is wanked quite a bit in speed and skill because he has better action CHOREOGRAPHY than most things. However, characters like, say, Nolan Batman actually have more skilled training in their universes (mastered multiple martial arts forms before being trained by someone who could overcome them) and better feats to go along with them (one-hit KOing similarly trained people and only having issues against people like Ra's and Bane...and dogs).

Ollie is similar in this manner. As he's an arrow-catcher, he's faster than Bourne, and possibly has more varied and better training (every season has backstory, so we'll have to see). And has soaked hits from people far stronger than Bourne has ever faced.

The choreography doesn't really play into feats unless someone has equal training and supporting feats. Bourne just typically has a choreography advantage over a lot of cinematic characters.

BANNED

If we're just trying to find the *weakest* that could still solo Bourne, you can look no further than Chuck Bartowski, with Intersect 2.0 in his head.

I mean, he's just a wimpy nerd. Literally weaker than some of the IRL posters on this forum, at least with how he's portrayed on the show. But the Intersect has enabled him to beat up multiple super-assassins on screen.

(for those who haven't watched the show, the way the Intersect works, in *effect* anyway, is sort of like he has a combat-computer in his head. He wins fights because his "software" is better than any human being, it basically takes over and allows him to move, attack, defend, etc perfectly in the way that would not normally be mentally possible for a person.)

Edit: Yes, I know he doesn't actually have a computer in his head. That's why I said *in effect*.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    I don't agree. I'll explain.

Bourne is wanked quite a bit in speed and skill because he has better action CHOREOGRAPHY than most things. However, characters like, say, Nolan Batman actually have more skilled training in their universes (mastered multiple martial arts forms before being trained by someone who could overcome them) and better feats to go along with them (one-hit KOing similarly trained people and only having issues against people like Ra's and Bane...and dogs).

Ollie is similar in this manner. As he's an arrow-catcher, he's faster than Bourne, and possibly has more varied and better training (every season has backstory, so we'll have to see). And has soaked hits from people far stronger than Bourne has ever faced.

The choreography doesn't really play into feats unless someone has equal training and supporting feats. Bourne just typically has a choreography advantage over a lot of cinematic characters.
    We go by feats, so what is on-screen is what goes. And Bourne's on-screen stuff is stupidly better than ANY of those guys. And the quality of opponent is as good as well, given the number of roughly-equally-trained-to-himself Treadstone and Black Briar guys he demolishes (especially when they are armed and he is not), not to mention all of the trivial one-shotting he does to people lower than them.

And as far as training goes, Bourne (and the others) was explicitly given massive, insane training, requiring torture and drug therapy to manage the strain of it. I mean, this is a core aspect of the plot of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    We go by feats, so what is on-screen is what goes. And Bourne's on-screen stuff is stupidly better than ANY of those guys. And the quality of opponent is as good as well, given the number of roughly-equally-trained-to-himself Treadstone and Black Briar guys he demolishes (especially when they are armed and he is not), not to mention all of the trivial one-shotting he does to people lower than them.

And as far as training goes, Bourne (and the others) was explicitly given massive, insane training, requiring torture and drug therapy to manage the strain of it. I mean, this is a core aspect of the plot of the series.
    But it's not.

- He explicitly does not have the reflex feats of Ollie. That means he fights a great deal slower. It doesn't matter if his "fight scenes look faster on screen due to the choreography" when his speed-feats don't match Ollies. Arrow catching means that Ollie can hit faster than Bourne can block, and block or dodge anything he does.

- He's not as strong as a Bane or Bruce. He doesn't walk around knocking everyone out in one hit, or effortlessly snapping necks with one hand. He doesn't punch through armor that can take ten story falls. He doesn't punch through concrete. If anything in the contest is a question of strength, he gets overpowered.

- He hasn't fought anyone as enhanced as Slade or any of the other enhanced people Ollie fought. A few of whom Ollie has done quite well against.

- His stuff LOOKS quicker on screen, but other mentioned characters have higher supportive feats on screen.

Here's another example - Mr. Miyagi. One of the "slowest" on screen fighters due to choreography, yet, due to arrow catching, and being consistent with this feat, only got touched ONCE in four movies, and only seemed slightly annoyed that he missed blocking that hit due to being distracted by someone else in the group, would also beat Bourne just due to the speed advantage. because that's how feats work.