Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Barry Allen (CW Flash) VS Clark Kent (Smallville)

Saw the pilot of Flash on CW. PRETTY SOLID SHOW.

SHe takes on the current top dog TV superhero - Superman, in a race (no flying)

How does he do?

Only saw the pilot and he was already at speeds where people couldn't see him. If end of series Clark is too fast for Barry, at what point in the series would be do a good job at?

First person to circle the state of Texas wins.

BONUS : Who can get out of the friend zone faster?

Fantastic Member butterfingers158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Saw the pilot of Flash on CW. PRETTY SOLID SHOW.

SHe takes on the current top dog TV superhero - Superman, in a race (no flying)

How does he do?

Only saw the pilot and he was already at speeds where people couldn't see him. If end of series Clark is too fast for Barry, at what point in the series would be do a good job at?

First person to circle the state of Texas wins.
    By season.... 5? of Smallville Clark could run to South America in a few seconds, which is faster than Barry has gone.

BONUS : Who can get out of the friend zone faster?
    Clark and Lana first got together in season.... 3? (Been a long time since I've seen Smallville) So Barry has awhile until he loses this.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Barry is explicitly not all that far past mach 1 (if even there) so far. Clark, by season 4, was moving at extremely high hundreds of machs at least. This isn't much of a match so far.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, Barry and the science nerds and what not seem to be emphasizing not much faster than Mach 1. However, in all those opening city shots Barry is travelling like half a dozen blocks a second. Also, there was that scene where he wanted to tell Iris about his powers and was moving around revealing his secrets at super-speed so she wouldn't actually be able to hear him. I would say this is well beyond Mach 1...

In any case, Clark did the above in season 1 or 2 from what I can remember.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daenarys Stormborn View Post
    Yeah, Barry and the science nerds and what not seem to be emphasizing not much faster than Mach 1. However, in all those opening city shots Barry is travelling like half a dozen blocks a second. Also, there was that scene where he wanted to tell Iris about his powers and was moving around revealing his secrets at super-speed so she wouldn't actually be able to hear him. I would say this is well beyond Mach 1...

In any case, Clark did the above in season 1 or 2 from what I can remember.
    Fair points - it's still a looooooot slower than Clark, for now at least.

BANNED

Clark was "faster then people can see" in the first season. As for the friend zone thing, it depends. Clark was in the friend zone a lot longer then he could of been if he was really trying to get all up in Lana as quick as possible. There were times where he essentially took a step back from Lana. Plus all the wacky lies his secret forced him to tell..I'm sure Barry doesn't have to worry that every other week he'll stumble across some red meteor rock and suddenly act like a huge dick to every single person he comes across.

As for the friend zone thing, it depends.
    I don't know, Barry is coming off way more creepy with that whole thing with Iris.

Umm to go faster than human eyes can see is only 200 or so miles per hour.

For a human sized or smaller target. Which is slow by speedster standards.

Yeah, but Barry wasn't just going too fast to see, he was going so fast that she didn't even know anything was going on, or hear what he said as a quick helium squeak. It doesn't take much to be beyond the human eye to follow, but going so fast a human doesn't even see or hear anything wierd is a whole other ballgame. Mind you, that moment really contradicts how he's mostly written, so I tend to think it's a Spidey/Firelord for now.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yeah, but Barry wasn't just going too fast to see, he was going so fast that she didn't even know anything was going on, or hear what he said as a quick helium squeak. It doesn't take much to be beyond the human eye to follow, but going so fast a human doesn't even see or hear anything wierd is a whole other ballgame. Mind you, that moment really contradicts how he's mostly written, so I tend to think it's a Spidey/Firelord for now.
    Well he had a very similar moment (No Speechifying) when checking out a dead woman and spotting the Mist-killer in the latest episode, so SMvsFL is a bit premature IMO.

Kay, watching the mist ep as I type this, and that opening scene was insane. It seems like the TV show is displaying the same PIS as the comics, because the Flash who grabbed that gunman wouldn't have had any trouble with Multiplex.

While the new Flash is a decent show(though so far I prefer the 90s version) he doesn't even seem to have hit supersonic yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    While the new Flash is a decent show(though so far I prefer the 90s version) he doesn't even seem to have hit supersonic yet.
    This is a HUGE assumption on my part, but I think *eventually* Barry will be able to run through time. It seems sort of hinted, given the first scene in the pilot (with his mom) and the ending of the same episode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Though even if it's a legit feat..unfortunately it puts him still as a lot slower then Clark here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    This is a HUGE assumption on my part, but I think *eventually* Barry will be able to run through time. It seems sort of hinted, given the first scene in the pilot (with his mom) and the ending of the same episode.
    Eventually maybe, but not yet.