Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Aww, come on MG you know you are always invited to our "get togethers".
    LOL, I AM 21 now!
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Thank you Thor-Ey, you rock as always! Have never read that issue!

I love that one of his generals (or adviser) is named; "Mel" LOL

Is this the 1st time we see Namor on the throne? Is this the 1st time Namor refers to himself as "Lord"?

Overall great scans...can't wait for the next ones!
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    LOL, I AM 21 now!
    Indeed! You've got a license to READ! ;p

My internet cut out on me last night and I didn't get to anything I planned to.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I guess Thorstud's internet is out too...

LOL! More likely the busy he mentioned has caught up with him. I'll try to get the next Human Torch story up, but it may be tomorrow.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Marvel Mystery #20 takes us to a story in tight continuity with the last events in Sub-Mariner #1. After recuperating the stolen Radium and using it to cure his people Namor heads to New York to return it to the hospital again by contacting his friend policewoman Betty Dean. Once there Betty asks for his help in avenging the fallen fighter son of an old lady neighbor and friend of Betty's. Namor decides to enter a boxing championship to win the money and give it to the mother to care for her now paraplegic son. And what better reward for Namor than a date with Betty. Classic story of a hero standing up for the weak and wining the girl. And now I cannot shake the song "Eye of the Tiger" from my head.

The above are selected scans that highlight the main points of a story to generate discussion in a forum. You can read the complete story by purchasing the Marvel Masterworks: Golden Age Marvel Comics Vol. 5 (Marvel Mystery Comics #17–20) or any other available reprints.
    http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Masterw...3J6AKYVRP7PSMA
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Excellent as usual Thor-El !

Interesting continuity with the other comic book...

And great panel with Betty "Don't forget we have a date."
    Last edited by Abe; 02-11-2016 at 07:25 AM.

The Eye of the Tiger-Shark !

Mighty Member

LOL, and you said you would be waiting calmly if I was too busy... Got to cover enough work yesterday so I thought I cannot let MG hanging today too so went to work on my readathon page first thing this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOL! More likely the busy he mentioned has caught up with him. I'll try to get the next Human Torch story up, but it may be tomorrow.
    I'm wondering how does the Human Torch story falls in continuity with Subby's own mag and Marvel Mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    LOL, I guess that's more correct in Namor's case.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Excellent as usual Thor-El !

Interesting continuity with the other comic book...

And great panel with Betty "Don't forget we have a date."

I don't remember reading this one at all! Another enjoyable post, Thor-el. Thank you!

This issue is just full of great panels ... that I'm going use elsewhere. Namor training is hilarious. And yes, Betty Dean is a smart woman --"Don't forget we have a date."

LOL! Indeed! Which reminds, we haven't seen Custodes around in a while, either.

LOL, and you said you would be waiting calmly if I was too busy... Got to cover enough work yesterday so I thought I cannot let MG hanging today too so went to work on my readathon page first thing this morning.
    "Calmly" isn't a word I normally associate with Mantis Girl.

I'm wondering how does the Human Torch story falls in continuity with Subby's own mag and Marvel Mystery.
    I don't think it does that well, from what you've posted, though there's a neat exchange in the next issue between the Torch and Namor stories. It really doesn't fit within the own book, even, with the great flooding story coming up. But that's probably why Stan Lee, Roy Thomas, and even John Byrne left it out of Silver Age continuity.

Mighty Member

A friend of mine and I were talking yesterday about artist Alex Schomburg from the 40's and it turns out he worked on Namor. Here's a board dedicated to his work in Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ivancamilli/alex-schomburg/ Now I need to know if he did any interiors, so hard to know as there's not traditional titles like during the silver age.

Thank you Thorstud! I try to be patient...but sometimes this one is a bad girl....

Love the comic; Namor is definitely becoming an all around hero now!

I am shocked though!!!!!!!!! No one mention your new avatar?! Is that you with more hair? Us gals gotta know!!!!!!

Mighty Member

Thank you Thorstud! I try to be patient...but sometimes this one is a bad girl....
    No harm done, on the contrary, your enthusiasm its fuel to keep this little project going.

Agree, this was a nice city adventure, and a well deserve respite from the Nazi stuff.

I am shocked though!!!!!!!!! No one mention your new avatar?! Is that you with more hair? Us gals gotta know!!!!!!
    Yes, now I can say that's me! (At least now I'm not showing off the muscles of another dude on my icon.) I'm channeling the douchiness gods as only Thor-El can do! And now I have increased the degree of douchiness in the board by a 60%!!!

OMG. I'm so glad I wasn't taking a sip of water when I read this post.

Though, I DO like Thor-El new avatar.