Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

That was a fun story, Thor-El! Namor giving them a lesson in etiquette! LOL!

I love the panel where Namor tells them they need to read Marvel Comics! I had found that panel elsewhere, and wondered where it came from.

And it's so odd to see the guy who flooded the world telling those folks to donate his check to the USO!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Found a few cool ads from Marvel Mystery Comics! These two are obviously advertising the epic battle from Human Torch 5b.

-- MMC 27

-- MMC 26

And something cool, I'm thinking about printing off and sending in to Marvel, with a letter asking for a new Sub-Mariner book!

--MMC 27
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Those are great ads Rev! I might not be able to keep the daily posting of issues on the thread, again the real world and my paying job calls but as soon as I have a break I will resume. The next issue is the Sub-Mariner quarterly.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Those are great ads Rev! I might not be able to keep the daily posting of issues on the thread, again the real world and my paying job calls but as soon as I have a break I will resume. The next issue is the Sub-Mariner quarterly.
    I like how Angel, who Namor shares a book with, is sort disbelieving in that one advertisement.

That's cool! It will give me a chance to catch up too. And I've been thinking we'll have finished with the Masterworks, and may need to switch over to the Silver Age. Plus, I'll have to check, but I think the next issue of Torch may be in there. Thankfully, it is a much shorter 20 page story!

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I wanna know who won the poll!!!!

Great job again Thor-Ey and Revvy!!!! Once again you are making this the best post on CBR! :
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    I wanna know who won the poll!!!!

Great job again Thor-Ey and Revvy!!!! Once again you are making this the best post on CBR! :

I'll see if I can find it.

Didn't find that yet, but I did find this one.

I love how it calls Namor, "American's greatest comic hero!" So now we see Marvel was hyping themselves even before Stan.

I ... am ... literally ... having ... withdraws ...
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Mighty Member

LOL, sorry MG. The project I'm doing right now needed much more work than I had anticipated but I'll try to have something for tomorrow to get the thread moving again.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    LOL, sorry MG. The project I'm doing right now needed much more work than I had anticipated but I'll try to have something for tomorrow to get the thread moving again.
    Poor Mantis Girl.

I don't have a deadline, but I've been swamped too. And I was hoping to catch up on the reading, AND have Human Torch 6 ready. Ah well. If replacing my battery goes without a hitch, I'll try again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Found a few cool ads from Marvel Mystery Comics! These two are obviously advertising the epic battle from Human Torch 5b.

-- MMC 27

-- MMC 26

And something cool, I'm thinking about printing off and sending in to Marvel, with a letter asking for a new Sub-Mariner book!

--MMC 27
    Never saw this one before. Looks good.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Mighty Member

In the first story of Sub-Mariner #4 the ghost of the late Dr. Grayson is haunting Grayson Island Hospital and driving a series of fatal accidents, when Namor investigates he will uncover a heinous plot.

The above are selected scans that highlight the main points of a story to generate discussion in a forum. You can read the complete story by purchasing the Marvel Masterworks: Golden Age Sub-Mariner Vol. 1 (Sub-Mariner Comics #1–4) or any other available reprints.
    http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Masterw...ge+Sub-mariner

Yes! Awesome post, Thor-El! That one was a long story.

And some fun panels, of course. I love Namor feigning a faint. And introducing himself as the "Human Mackerel!"

I'm wondering about Nurse PRENTISS. That was Betty Dean's married name. And why does Namor looked so surprised at her 'token of esteem?"

Unfortunately, I've been wrestling with my truck. New battery didn't fix it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes! Awesome post, Thor-El! That one was a long story.

And some fun panels, of course. I love Namor feigning a faint. And introducing himself as the "Human Mackerel!"

I'm wondering about Nurse PRENTISS. That was Betty Dean's married name. And why does Namor looked so surprised at her 'token of esteem?"

Unfortunately, I've been wrestling with my truck. New battery didn't fix it.
    I feel for you Rev, I had to take my car to the mechanic this week too, I was prepared to spend a lot in repairs and was surprised with a low bill for a change.

Interesting fact about Betty Dean getting married and Everett using that last name he gave the nurse.

I really liked this issue, it was an interesting story and a clever way from Namor to infiltrate the hospital to investigate, plus all his usual personality and funny quips coming into play in the story. I really enjoy the personality Everett developed for Namor, I'm sure if Everett was alive and writing Namor stories today he would be one of Marvel's most popular characters.

The second story is also as good but really creepy, I will try to have that one ready for today or early morning tomorrow.

Mmmm Wonder if Dr Grayson was Robin's uncle? LOL

I was surprised to see the pool of blood...don't remember seeing that yet in these old comics. Love the sassy ladies Namor meets, even got a kiss this time

Namor seems so light and fun; it really clashes with that story we saw a few pages ago.... glad to get back to some normal GA Namor again!!!!

Awesome job again Thor-Ey!