Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Great job JP!! You are definitely qualified to do my vacations! Love these Namor one man's army war stories from the golden age! My favorite Namor's phrase "Come to papa." lol
    Thank you, but surely you must realize we can't allow you to have a vacation.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Thank you, but surely you must realize we can't allow you to have a vacation.
    So leave without pay, that's harsh. I must speak with Rev!
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Universal needs to make a movie with him before he turns 80.
    No-no-no.
    Marvel Studios needs to make a movie with him when he turns 81 in 2020!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Anthony Wheeler at Comics Alliance got it completely right.

Five Reasons Why Universal Needs to Hurry Up and Make a Namor Movie

I can't believe Aquaman is beating Namor to the big screen ... especially since Jason Momoa would make a better Namor than Aquaman.
    I too believe that Jason Momoa makes for a better Namor than Aquaman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I can't wait for Marvel to regain the exclusive rights to Namor. I'm not onboard with Universal or Fox getting the nod. I don't see much of any kind of Submarinerverse being spun off of him. Best to return him home.
    I also don't see much in a "Submarinerverse".
    IMO it is best to see him in the MCU interacting with the Benedict Cumberbatch Doctor Strange and the Mark Ruffalo Bruce Banner

Mighty Member

Continuing where I left off in my last chronological post with Marvel Mystery Comics #28. Because these 1940's stories are so purely iconic, epic & heroic, just like "This is a job for ...err...Namor, the Sub-mariner! With a musclebound Sub-mariner, fighting Nazis left to right and every girl fawning over him. You don't get this types of stories anywhere nowadays. Enjoy!

The above are selected scans that highlight the main points of a story for the sole purpose of generating discussion in a forum.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Thor-El, that's some beautiful Bill Everett art (and story). Thank you for putting this together!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    Thor-El, that's some beautiful Bill Everett art (and story). Thank you for putting this together!
    Glad you enjoy it.

Betty Dean's sister ! Just awesome, Thor-El !
    Last edited by Abe; 12-27-2016 at 10:27 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Betty Dean's sister ! Just awesome, Thor-El !
    Thank you Abe. And here's the next installment. Scans from Marvel Mystery Comics # 29 where Namor investigates another mystery...

The above are selected scans that highlight the main points of a story for the sole purpose of generating discussion in a forum.

Thank you Abe. And here's the next installment. Scans from Marvel Mystery Comics # 29 where Namor investigates another mystery...
    I am in awe of Bill Everett's drawing/inking and writing talents! Thanks for posting these, Thor-El. You're inspiring me to pick up some Golden Age Subby reprint collections.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    I am in awe of Bill Everett's drawing/inking and writing talents! Thanks for posting these, Thor-El. You're inspiring me to pick up some Golden Age Subby reprint collections.
    Glad you liked it Shalla. I wish Marvel would put their golden age library out in digital format in Comixology with remastered prints, these would look awesome restored with the new coloring techniques. Sorry I've fallen behind, as Christmas vacation ended so did my little extra time to work on this thread, hopefully I'll be able to post some more later.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 01-12-2017 at 08:32 PM. Reason: typos

Glad you liked it Shalla. I wish Marvel would put their golden age library out in digital format in Comixology with remastered prints, these would look awesome restored with the new coloring techniques. Sorry I've fallen behind, as Christmas vacation ended so did my little extra time to work on this thread, hopefully I'll be able to post some more later.
    Totally agree with this.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Not just Namor, the whole Atlantis could be amazing, how it sank (deviants,Celestals,Eternals,)How they grew as an Underwater Empire,How will the relgion of Neptune play out. so Many possiblites cut out of the Marvel universe.
    I'd LOVE to see the Deviants, Celestials AND the Eternals show up in the Marvel Cinematic Universe some day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    If you don't have one of the few copies of Motion Picture Funnies lying around, here is some who does, and kindly posted pics.

http://boards.collectors-society.com...6&#Post3529486

Marvel Comics 1 has been reprinted numerous times, including in the Marvel Masterworks Sub-Mariner vol. 1. But if you don't have a copy, you can watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqjxyjnuX6M
    Love that youtube video.