Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Baggie View Post
    Wouldn't the same thing happen if Orm took the throne? If they go down the route of number 1 then this whole arc would be pointless so I am hoping they go down number 2.
    Both of Orm's parents were Atlantean. Presumably his dead dad (Marius? I think?) is still in his respective tomb.

Nothing compares to Reis. It's like the curse of the Aqua-books. It was my belief when Pelletier was coming on board that they should've tried something different and slightly more stylish, but he's been doing work with the established style. Parker's stories could use a dose of ambient mood-building, though. I don't think they need to "breathe" quite as much as Johns mega-decompression but some establishing stuff where you like, follow a camera that sinks to the sea-bottom in the opening pages, or something. A mysterious zoom into a cave. An exploration of the ocean floor.

But the ideas for Atlantis themselves Parker has been laying down are all gold.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Just popping in to say how much I like the colourist's "painted" style. And great issue, overall and definitely looking forward to part 2 of Maelstrom.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    I think I've been enjoying Parker's run more than some, but this was definitely one of his stronger issues.
    Must be me AND you then, cause I've been enjoying Parkers work as well. Picking up from John's wasn't going to be an easy task but I fell Parker has delivered very solid work thus far.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

I'm glad we're seeing better relationships between Arthur and the other Atlanteans. Even Mera is starting to fit in. O also love all the statue work in the backgrounds of various shots.

One thing I've loved about all the colorists on this book from day 1 was the use of light and shadow. It's super prevalent on the cover obviously but even the first page usesnit so well.