Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Only give the first one a chance. Then read the original comic.

Avoid all sequels. And quite frankly, I'm annoyed of the idea of a remake.
    Reboot. A major diifference, other than linguistics.

Who's the publisher of the comic, or is it more creator owned? Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Top Cow, Image, IDW, other? Or, published through one, owned by O'Bara, like Mignola and Hellboy?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    As it is now the Crow movie is mostly just the answer to a very depressing trivia question.

It would be cool for the property to be able to move beyond that.
    Oh. I understand you.

Yes, then it could use the premise, the characters, all that, reinvigorate the franchise and have a new, happier trivia question and memory.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The simple fact is that probably most people under a certain age have never heard of the Crow movie let alone seen it. It was put out 20 years ago and is not one of those films that was big enough that everyone knows what it is. I think a reboot done today might be pretty good. If nothing else they can look at those horrible sequals they made and see what not to do again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    A sequel to the first, ignoring the others, like some Godzillas, or a sequel to the 3rd/4th?
    they killd Sarah in 2 so a sequel to 2 bringing her back as the new crow wold be cool.

I hope they keep the deaths of Eric and Shelly the same as the comic.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Reboot. A major diifference, other than linguistics.

Who's the publisher of the comic, or is it more creator owned? Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Top Cow, Image, IDW, other? Or, published through one, owned by O'Bara, like Mignola and Hellboy?

Don't take this the wrong way, I just figure it's easier for everyone: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crow

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I hope they keep the deaths of Eric and Shelly the same as the comic.
    Their deaths in the original movie, though tragic, at least had a reason- Shelly had tried to resist the local gang's control over the rental units in their neighborhood and they pushed back. In the comic it was just senseless, no reason at all, just a chance encounter in the wrong place at the wrong time, and the attack was so harsh and ugly I think if done straight on the big screen it would leave the audience in shock and feeling like they'd been punched in the stomach. Which would be just the effect desired, I imagine, so it might not be a bad idea. Recreating the scene that Brandon Lee died making would be a pretty dicey proposition anyway, so moving the setting might make it easier for everyone.

When I first saw this thread I thought "Why? The original is perfect and is one of my favorite movies!" But now that I think about it, sticking closer to the comic is something I think I could get on board with.

The first thing I think of whenever it comes to the sequels is- why did every subsequent risen dead hero feel the urge to paint their faces in almost the exact same way as Eric? That was just nonsensical. Eric had a specific reason for his look- the theater masks that hung as decorations in his and Shelly's apartment.

Everyone should check out Brandon Lee's final on camera interview that is usually found as an extra featire on "The Crow." It's pretty haunting.
    Last edited by Kensei; 10-26-2014 at 01:02 AM.

I don't know if I'm excited or worried about a remake. I'm a really big fan of the first movie and the original O'Barr series, and I don't want it to be ruined by some Hollywood money makers. Please, they still trying make money since City of Angels (It's an average vendetta for me) and they NEVER did something really good. Unfortunately, they'll try again.

If they want to make more money with The Crow, they should try one of the stories IDW published some years ago. It'll be the same plot, with other characters and some subtle differences in the script.