Page 1 of 134 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Vixen Appreciation

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome, my friends, to the Vixen Appreciation thread, where we can celebrate the goddess who can mimic the abilities of all Earth animals...the crimefighter, the supermodel, the activist, the philanthropist, the businesswoman...Mari Jiwe McCabe!

Last edited by MoneySpider; 11-12-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I love Vixen but I didn't care for her dread-mullet hairstyle. Here are my favorite looks for Vixen:

Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

She really needs to be used more! She has a great look, great powers, tons of appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    She really needs to be used more! She has a great look, great powers, tons of appeal.

Agreed. And now that Marvel has finally given Storm her own ongoing solo book (to debut this July), I'd like DC to give THEIR lead black female an ongoing solo book.

really wish DC would use her more

The J-man

I'm going to start a Vixen petition in a few days. I'll let you all know when it's ready to sign.

Fantastic Member

In the New52, should Vixen be connected to Red or should her animal powers be derived from another source? In Animal Man, I think the totems would've acknowledged Vixen but so far it appears she may get her abilities from another source. What if her powers are derived from Mother Nature? Maybe it's Anansi or her Ancestors who are custodians of the Tantu Totem. I would like to see this explored somewhere down the line. Perhaps a story where it's explained how her powers are different from Buddy Baker but appear similar.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Vixen is an awesome and intriguing character. DC really NEEDS to make better use of her.

She'd be a perfect fit for the Birds of Prey, or Justice League (any of them, really).
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

One of my favorite female characters. I wish she'd get more exposure. Has she appeared regularly anywhere since Justice League International ended?

I wouldn't mind seeing her in a Justice League film down the line. She'd add diversity to the cast, and I don't just mean in terms of ethnicity or gender, but in power set, too. A competent filmmaker could go pretty wild with her bag of tricks.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They need to put her back on the JL or something! She is to good a character to be in limbo majority of the time.

Incredible Member

Vixen should definitely be elevated. And I loved Gina Torres' take on her in Justice League (and the whole Mari/John/Shayera deal)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    In the New52, should Vixen be connected to Red or should her animal powers be derived from another source? In Animal Man, I think the totems would've acknowledged Vixen but so far it appears she may get her abilities from another source. What if her powers are derived from Mother Nature? Maybe it's Anansi or her Ancestors who are custodians of the Tantu Totem. I would like to see this explored somewhere down the line. Perhaps a story where it's explained how her powers are different from Buddy Baker but appear similar.
    Yeah, I feel as though DC should do something to differentiate Vixen's powers from Animal Man's, because I feel that DC and a lot of DC fans think Vixen is somehow an Animal Man copy or something. Vixen needs something really unique to make her stand out. I would like Vixen's powers to come from Anansi the Trickster God and have that be tied in to Mother Nature as well. Like how Storm is the weather force of Mother Nature, Vixen is the animal force of Mother Nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    One of my favorite female characters. I wish she'd get more exposure. Has she appeared regularly anywhere since Justice League International ended?

I wouldn't mind seeing her in a Justice League film down the line. She'd add diversity to the cast, and I don't just mean in terms of ethnicity or gender, but in power set, too. A competent filmmaker could go pretty wild with her bag of tricks.
    After Justice League International ended, I think she only guest-starred in two Justice League issues, but I don't think she's been seen since.

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

she needs to be on a Justice League team.

BANNED

I think they ought to push her more, but they should also give her something to differentiate her powers-wise from Buddy (unless she just gets a very distinct writer).

Vixen is one of the most underused characters in comics. she's one of the few prominent black female characters in the DCU and she has a cool power set. DC is looking for more diversity? Vixen is right there!!!

Vixen was nearly the first black female character to ever get her own book. but it was cancelled during the DC implosion of 1978.

her debut had to wait until Action Comics #521