Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    How would you guys feel if they made Vixen apart of Wonder Woman's family?
    Apart from what Agent Z and Husk, I don't feel like the two characters complement each other that well. Granted, I don't have that strong a measure on Vixen's personality, so I might be wrong about that. I can easily see them being friends and help each other, but not that their friendship would be that interesting to read about.

I think Vixen would have more interesting dynamics as a character with Zatanna or Dinah.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Nubia and Vixen by Marcus Williams
    Love this so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    How would you guys feel if they made Vixen apart of Wonder Woman's family?
    No.

Them being friends is something I'm okay with especially since writers have highlighted her relationships with Superman and Batman but her being a part of Wonder Woman's family when I want her to lead her own ...no; plus this is the same Wonder Woman DC doesn't give a crap about in comparison to Superman and Batman and hasn't even attempted to give the little bit of family she does have any continued characterization; WW's family fails in comparison to Superman and is not even a blip on the radar in comparison's to Batman's.

If I want Vixen attached to someone higher than her in status, that superhero has to benefit her, Batman would overshadow her, Wonder Woman would keep her in the same stasis and with Superman ... it could only work as a guest spot and nothing long term.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 10-17-2018 at 06:08 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

She could work as a stand-in but they haven't interacted enough for me to see how they play off each other. There should be a team-up like what they did with WW and Aztek.

I wouldn't mind if Vixen fought Dr. Psycho or Silver Swan as some of WW's normal villains could match up well with Vixen. Maybe adding a rivalry between Artemis and Anansi might be a good way to tie Vixen in to WW's family?

But we should define what that actually means first.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-17-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Apart from what Agent Z and Husk, I don't feel like the two characters complement each other that well. Granted, I don't have that strong a measure on Vixen's personality, so I might be wrong about that. I can easily see them being friends and help each other, but not that their friendship would be that interesting to read about.

I think Vixen would have more interesting dynamics as a character with Zatanna or Dinah.
    I always assumed Zatanna and Dinah were her besties or sisters when it came to the Superhero groups. Personally I see Diana, Mari, Zatanna and Dinah as the big 4 when it comes to the JLA women. I would support a female led JLA if it ever came out

Diana is alway the big sister that hangs out with the more popular kids

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Nubia and Vixen by Marcus Williams
    Outstanding pic. I might ask him to do some work for me.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-18-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

So Vixen is running around with the Justice League again.

RCO019.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

RCO019.jpg
    Why do comics still feel the need to stylise the superhero team name like that?

Vixen could probably just mimic a honey badger and take Damage down all by herself (kind of like Wolverine taking on the Hulk).

According to Wikipedia: "As with other mustelids of relatively large size, such as wolverines and badgers, honey badgers are notorious for their strength, ferocity and toughness. They have been known to savagely and fearlessly attack almost any kind of animal when escape is impossible, reportedly even repelling much larger predators such as lions.[34] Bee stings, porcupine quills, and animal bites rarely penetrate their skin. If horses, cattle, or Cape buffalos intrude upon a ratel's (honey badger's) burrow, it will attack them. They are virtually tireless in combat and can wear out much larger animals in physical confrontations."

RCO019.jpg
    I really wish she had made the jump to Snyder’s JL, but it’s still great to see her again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I really wish she had made the jump to Snyder’s JL, but it’s still great to see her again.
    I'm actually cool with this as a starting team.

how often has she been used post-Rebirth?

is she still based in Detroit?

John and Mari should just stop with the foreplay and just go ahead and makes some babies.
    how often have high profile black female characters given birth in the DCU? I'm thinking it can't be that many.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how often has she been used post-Rebirth?

is she still based in Detroit?
    This would be the second time, JLA and now this appearance, she was also apparently in the background of an issue in JL.

And Vixen was never based in Detroit, that's only in animation, she doesn't have a base, but considering she is a model it would be New York or LA b/c she's in tv now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how often have high profile black female characters given birth in the DCU? I'm thinking it can't be that many.
    Female superheroes aren't exactly popping out kids either, we don't need a black female character to be the first or one of the first.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    This would be the second time, JLA and now this appearance, she was also apparently in the background of an issue in JL.

And Vixen was never based in Detroit, that's only in animation, she doesn't have a base, but considering she is a model it would be New York or LA b/c she's in tv now.

Female superheroes aren't exactly popping out kids either, we don't need a black female character to be the first or one of the first.
    Wouldn't Rocket be the first anyway. She's been pregnant in both comic amd animation.

DC needs to stop playing, put some respect on Bronze Tiger name and get this Black Excellence back together.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."