Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1999

I think Eshu (the guy who bore the fire totem in the Vixen animated CW Seed "series" should be resurrected and brought over to the comics. Somehow he survived (like Kuasa) and once again gets his hands on the fire totem, He could be a recurring rogue for Vixen Maybe the Tattooed Man would also make a great rogue for her. Out of the Floronic Man, Floronic Woman or Poison Ivy to go up against Vixen, I'd rather have Poison Ivy. The frenemy dynamic between Vixen and Ivy is a good idea. Fauna Faust is also a good idea for a rogue, along with her father Felix (magical enemy).

Side question: Since Vixen can mimic natural abilities from other humans since they are also animals, does that mean she can theoretically channel the intellect of Mr. Terrific?
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 08-19-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Queen Bee would be a cool villain, maybe she's trying to conquer Mari's native homeland? Or she already has and Mari goes back to help save her homeland?
    I'd like to see Vixen order several hives of bumblebees to go after Queen Bee and repeatedly sting her. LOL
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 08-19-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I think Eshu (the guy who bore the fire totem in the Vixen animated CW Seed "series" should be resurrected and brought over to the comics. Somehow he survived (like Kuasa) and once again gets his hands on the fire totem, He could be a recurring rogue for Vixen Maybe the Tattooed Man would also make a great rogue for her. Out of the Floronic Man, Floronic Woman or Poison Ivy to go up against Vixen, I'd rather have Poison Ivy. The frenemy dynamic between Vixen and Ivy is a good idea. Fauna Faust is also a good idea for a rogue, along with her father Felix (magical enemy).

Side question: Since Vixen can mimic natural abilities from other humans since they are also animals, does that mean she can theoretically channel the intellect of Mr. Terrific?
    I would assume she could mimic mental states as she mimicked Grodd's insanity.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I really really have a hard time believing that in 40 years since the cancellation of Vixen's solo book before it was even published, that no one else has had a good enough pitch to given Vixen an ongoing book. They can pitch stories and ongoing solo series for people who only shoot arrows, or who are bat-wielding psychos, but they seemingly can't pitch an interesting book idea for a woman who can channel the abilities of animals and humans.

It's not like there's no place you could put her, because you can put Vixen ANYWHERE and she'd fit right in. And I don't think it's that they CAN'T give her a book, I feel like it's more that someone at DC does not WANT to give her a solo book, for whatever reason. And this has been going on for 40 years. It's extremely frustrating, especially when we've seen DC give ongoing solo books to NEW characters in this "New Age of Heroes" initiative.

I recently read Issue 3 of that DC Nation magazine, and in it was an article about their recent writer's summit. During the summit there was a "Pitch Session" where each writer at the summit had to "pitch" their books for 5 minutes and then wait for feedback. One writer was said to have "pitched" Aquaman for 40 minutes. Yes, not 4 minutes, 40 minutes. So DC can spend 40 minutes talking about a guy who lives underwater, but they can't spend 40 minutes talking about a woman who can operate on land, in the sea, in the air, etc.

And it's not just the comics, it's also other media as well. They make Vixen a skin of Cheetah in a video game instead of the other way around, which makes no sense; they gave her an animated "web series" but to me that was the bare minimum because we've got other females characters who are seemingly getting full animated series; she was not included in "Superhero Girls (neither incarnation), which would have been a no-brainer because while Bumblee was the tech genius, Vixen could have been the fashion design expert and the animal expert, and they could have tied that in to real fashions for girls in real life and made money off of merchandising.

Then last month DC makes a "special" "Vixen and the Justice League" comic book in collaboration with the San Diego Zoo...but the issue was limited and you could only pick it up from...the San Diego Zoo. And if it wasn't for San Diego Zoo advertising that comic, you would never have known it existed for the San Diego Comic Con because DC Comics didn't advertise it (at least I didn't see them advertise it), but DC has no problem advertising its other comics on Twitter every day and asking readers what they thought of those issues.

And this is not just happening to Vixen...none of DC's other black females have any solo books, either. I looked in DC's most recent Previews magazine and none of their female-led books star a black female.

I just don't get it. I keep checking the calendar to make sure that we are indeed in 2018.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 08-21-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I really really have a hard time believing that in 40 years since the cancellation of Vixen's solo book before it was even published, that no one else has had a good enough pitch to given Vixen an ongoing book. They can pitch stories and ongoing solo series for people who only shoot arrows, or who are bat-wielding psychos, but they seemingly can't pitch an interesting book idea for a woman who can channel the abilities of animals and humans.

It's not like there's no place you could put her, because you can put Vixen ANYWHERE and she'd fit right in. And I don't think it's that they CAN'T give her a book, I feel like it's more that someone at DC does not WANT to give her a solo book, for whatever reason. And this has been going on for 40 years. It's extremely frustrating, especially when we've seen DC give ongoing solo books to NEW characters in this "New Age of Heroes" initiative.

I recently read Issue 3 of that DC Nation magazine, and in it was an article about their recent writer's summit. During the summit there was a "Pitch Session" where each writer at the summit had to "pitch" their books for 5 minutes and then wait for feedback. One writer was said to have "pitched" Aquaman for 40 minutes. Yes, not 4 minutes, 40 minutes. So DC can spend 40 minutes talking about a guy who lives underwater, but they can't spend 40 minutes talking about a woman who can operate on land, in the sea, in the air, etc.

And it's not just the comics, it's also other media as well. They make Vixen a skin of Cheetah in a video game instead of the other way around, which makes no sense; they gave her an animated "web series" but to me that was the bare minimum because we've got other females characters who are seemingly getting full animated series; she was not included in "Superhero Girls (neither incarnation), which would have been a no-brainer because while Bumblee was the tech genius, Vixen could have been the fashion design expert and the animal expert, and they could have tied that in to real fashions for girls in real life and made money off of merchandising.

Then last month DC makes a "special" "Vixen and the Justice League" comic book in collaboration with the San Diego Zoo...but the issue was limited and you could only pick it up from...the San Diego Zoo. And if it wasn't for San Diego Zoo advertising that comic, you would never have known it existed for the San Diego Comic Con because DC Comics didn't advertise it (at least I didn't see them advertise it), but DC has no problem advertising its other comics on Twitter every day and asking readers what they thought of those issues.

And this is not just happening to Vixen...none of DC's other black females have any solo books, either. I looked in DC's most recent Previews magazine and none of their female-led books star a black female.

I just don't get it. I keep checking the calendar to make sure that we are indeed in 2018.
    Yes it 2018...but it's also been a couple of years of blacklash against minorities. Not saying it's happening to Vixen in comics but I do feel DC is afraid to push the boundaries of the Industries when mostly White Male Superheroes are selling.

Personally I would love to write a Vixen series. Hell, I keep coming up with new ideas for both a solo and a team book. At less DC could put her own a prominent team with a lead role.

My biggest issue with JLoA was how mediocre the writer wrote her and the book. He had a strong start that fizzled 2 issues later. Vixen is DC most recognize Black Female but they have no idea what to do with her.

Mighty Member

She would have been a good fit for Justice League Dark. Nope they add in Man-Bat who has nothing to do with magic at all. I don't think DC has ever had a black woman lead a title before. That's very sad. In the minority but I enjoyed her under Orlando.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    She would have been a good fit for Justice League Dark. Nope they add in Man-Bat who has nothing to do with magic at all. I don't think DC has ever had a black woman lead a title before. That's very sad. In the minority but I enjoyed her under Orlando.
    Tbh idk, the only one I remember was with a Wildstorm character named Priscilla Kitaen aka Voodoo, she was biracial which can be debated until the cows come home whether that means she is actually black and was therefore DC's first black female led solo comic; she was also bisexual, and the catch in all of this was that she was a stripper (which was then changed to her working undercover as a stripper)...

And there is nothing wrong with stripping or strippers but black female characters ...hell black women are either desexualized or oversexualized, there is hardly an inbetween, add that to the fact that bisexuals are viewed as promiscuous and overly sexual ...so yeah.

Basically instead of taking a chance on a character like Vixen who can be sexy/sensual while not being oversexualized and who was gonna be launched with her own solo title but had the opportunity snatched away due to the dc implosion and then was subsequently launched in action comics as a result, they instead choose a wildstorm character who is a alien/human hybrid and who could at any moment have her world be a pocket universe (which happened).

And don't get me started on Justice League Dark, I am so tired of animals, aliens, and other things being chosen over minority characters, it's annoying, and I'm annoyed and DC just doesn't care.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    FYI, that's exactly why they added him, a science geek in a magic world. Also JLD's primary gimmick isn't magic, its horror where Man-Bat does fit. That said I'm surprised they didn't fit in Vixen somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    FYI, that's exactly why they added him, a science geek in a magic world. Also JLD's primary gimmick isn't magic, its horror where Man-Bat does fit. That said I'm surprised they didn't fit in Vixen somewhere.
    I'm not sure about that.

The threats it deals with are magic based and the first line up was composed entirely of magical and mystical characters. Horror is a lot more diverse than that.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-22-2018 at 02:19 AM.

BANNED

Shrugs, its what Tynion is aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Shrugs, its what Tynion is aiming for.
    *Shrugs* And we're discussing his limited thinking.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I feel Bumblebee works better as a Man-bat stand-in. She covers the wide-eyed science geek vibe the character is going for better.

I felt like if you wanted to use Vixen in this team, you'd have to use her in WW's place.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    *Shrugs* And we're discussing his limited thinking.
    I'm mostly unfamiliar with Vixen, but I think she'd be better served in a different team than the current JLD. After having read the first two issues, it seems clear to me that this is a team of misfits. Bobo is a talking chimp with an inherited sword he can't use and a bar with no visitors. Swamp Thing wants to go into the Parliament of Trees. Man-Bat is a mad scientist trying to do good, but no-one trusts him. Zatanna is the world's premiere magic user, but can't use her magic anymore. And Diana knows she is in over her head, but obviously is in even deeper.

Vixen I feel is in that middle spot, where she lacks the presence needed to both bring the light and be torn down, and she reads as too well-adjusted and centered to act as the troubled sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I feel Bumblebee works better as a Man-bat stand-in. She covers the wide-eyed science geek vibe the character is going for better.

I felt like if you wanted to use Vixen in this team, you'd have to use her in WW's place.
    I'm cool with her being on a mid teir JLA.

Though, I'm still pissed off on how they disrespected her in the last JLA run, with them over looking her and telling Cruz to join the team

I would prefer Vixen to be on a JL-like team rather than a magic/mystic team. I always felt she would be great as leader of the Justice League International.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!