Page 48 of 134 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoy View Post
    Anything pre-new 52 of worth? Any really good stories with her?
    Her first time in the Justice League was pretty good. She also was a stand out character during Meltzer's JLA run
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-17-2016 at 03:06 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Return of the Lion

I just reread #24-26 from McDuffie's run on JLoA. It's a Vixen-centered story and very good/fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
    I just reread #24-26 from McDuffie's run on JLoA. It's a Vixen-centered story and very good/fun.
    I didn't like McDuffie's run, he undid the power upgrade Meltzer was working on.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Her first time in the Justice League was pretty good. She also was a stand out character during Meltzer's JLA run
    Thanks, man, I'll definitely check it out - I see there was also a stand-alone story with her and Red Arrow in #11.

Quote Originally Posted by Styder24 View Post
    Return of the Lion
    Thanks! I already read her mini-series - and it's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
    I'll definitely be checking this out as well!
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

Though unpopular with many those Justice League of Detroit (#234-261) issues were good for Vixen.
    I'd also recommend her run(s) in Suicide Squad by Ostrander (#11- ). Gail Simone also used Mari well in her first run of Birds of Prey (storyline was from #69-73, Vixen pops up while the story unfolds).

vixen-arrow-0d66a-dc1dd.jpg

Alright...now before anyone say that she doesn't look like Vixen. Keep in mind that when Vixen first appeared in comics she look like this...

ActionComics521MariSamuel (2).jpg

and this

199725-92389-vixen.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-22-2016 at 12:24 PM.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Yeah, Vixen has had some interesting hairstyles over the years.
    Vixen_002.jpg
    1989MayfairGamesDCHeroesVixenCharacterCardFront.jpg

I'm just glad to see her adapted somewhere. If DC does to a new launch as rumors are spreading, I hope they give Vixen a chance at a title.
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 01-22-2016 at 01:24 PM.

I was kinda thinking that, in all likelihood, the cartoon look would probably not translate that much to the live-action look as much as I was hoping it would. I was also expecting they'd probably go for an all leather look compared to the spandex costume Bourassa designed.

Though I think to the costume designers credit, I feel like they tried their best to adapt the costume into live-action and I think it still looks good (I prefer the cartoon look, but that's me). Also still really happy to see Vixen in live-action .

I wonder if this means Mari will be redesigned for season 2?

vixen-arrow-0d66a-dc1dd.jpg

Alright...now before anyone say that she doesn't look like Vixen. Keep in mind that when Vixen first appeared in comics she look like this...
    She doesn't look much like Vixen. :-)
    Pulling her long hair back would help. Theres so much going on with the details of the suit, the free flowing longish hair overwhelms the overall look. And evoke more of a resemblance to the animated and printed incarnations.

BANNED

I really hope a Vixen title is announced this year. All this talk about 'Rebirth' and 'Synergy' has me excited. *keeps fingers crossed*

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    She doesn't look much like Vixen. :-)
    Pulling her long hair back would help. Theres so much going on with the details of the suit, the free flowing longish hair overwhelms the overall look. And evoke more of a resemblance to the animated and printed incarnations.
    Pretty lady.

In keeping with the rumored Movie/TV synergy coming with DC Rebirth, I'm really, really hoping Vixen is positioned as a premier female character, right alongside WW, Harley and Supergirl.

She's just too amazing and unique a character to sit on the bench!

double post 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I really hope a Vixen title is announced this year. All this talk about 'Rebirth' and 'Synergy' has me excited. *keeps fingers crossed*
    I would love a Vixen solo. Its long overdue. I would love it if it featured her traveling the world, super-model/activist by day, super-hero by night. Of course she would be a hero day or night lol. Due to her powers mimicking the animal kingdom, she should have adventures an all types of environments including but not limited to: tropical rain-forests, arid deserts, polar tundras, and even underwater.

Question: Who is your favorite Vixen artist?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!