Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

I would kill for a vixen ongoing! Written by a black women. That would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Vixen is one of the most underused characters in comics. she's one of the few prominent black female characters in the DCU and she has a cool power set. DC is looking for more diversity? Vixen is right there!!!

Vixen was nearly the first black female character to ever get her own book. but it was cancelled during the DC implosion of 1978.

her debut had to wait until Action Comics #521

Considering I wish they'd jump in a relationship with each other, this is really frickin neat.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybay View Post
    Considering I wish they'd jump in a relationship with each other, this is really frickin neat.
    I'd rather see her in a relationship with Bronze Tiger, since in the old DC continuity they used to date.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    She really needs to be used more! She has a great look, great powers, tons of appeal.

Agreed. She is my third favourite DC superhero behind Wonder Woman and Raven.

With DC and Marvel's penchant for 'seemingly' copying off one another...maybe it's time to do that Vixen solo ongoing that was cancelled decades ago.
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 05-02-2014 at 12:27 PM.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Amazing Member

It seems odd that DC has been trying so hard to improve diversity in the new 52, yet their most distinctive black female hero has been sitting on the sidelines. I guess they've been waiting for people to forget the JLI debacle before they re-introduce Marie in a big way.

It's definitely time for Mari to join the ranks of the Justice League and if not that, her own book. With her modeling background, I always wanted to team her with Donna Troy (photographer) and have them explore themes of pop culture, design, celebrity, etc. in a world filled with superheroes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by famousringo View Post
    It seems odd that DC has been trying so hard to improve diversity in the new 52, yet their most distinctive black female hero has been sitting on the sidelines. I guess they've been waiting for people to forget the JLI debacle before they re-introduce Marie in a big way.
    She popped up in Throne of Atlantis, but I don't recall seeing her since.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    It's definitely time for Mari to join the ranks of the Justice League and if not that, her own book. With her modeling background, I always wanted to team her with Donna Troy (photographer) and have them explore themes of pop culture, design, celebrity, etc. in a world filled with superheroes.
    À la X-Force/X-Statix?

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Not having read the JLI debacle...I hope you are correct in that they plan to re-introduce Mari in a big way...soon.

It's technically the same issue I had/have with Marvel. Most of their other female heroes (Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Batwoman, Supergirl) and even villains (Harley) have their own ongoing...Vixen is one of the most distinctive and alluring characters in the DC fold, ever since...and yet she is not even granted prominent JL status, currently nor an ongoing. It is vexatious!
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 05-02-2014 at 01:41 PM.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I think they ought to push her more, but they should also give her something to differentiate her powers-wise from Buddy (unless she just gets a very distinct writer).
    I don't mind two heroes having the same powers so long as there are enough differences between them. Though Buddy and Marie may share similar powers, they are ultimately two very different people.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Not having read the JLI debacle...I hope you are correct in that they plan to re-introduce Mari in a big way...soon.

It's technically the same issue I had/have with Marvel. Most of their other female heroes (Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Batwoman, Supergirl) and even villains (Harley) have their own ongoing...Vixen is one of the most distinctive and alluring characters in the DC fold, ever since...and yet she is not even granted prominent JL status, currently nor an ongoing. It is vexatious!
    I agree.

However, I don't want her to get an ongoing just to see it get cancelled like Katana and Zatana's ongoing's were. They need to start her off as a back up in a popular title like Shazam, have her be part of an event like Mera and then give her ongoing once she's picked up enough steam.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I agree.

However, I don't want her to get an ongoing just to see it get cancelled like Katana and Zatana's ongoing's were. They need to start her off as a back up in a popular title like Shazam, have her be part of an event like Mera and then give her ongoing once she's picked up enough steam.
    Shazam still doesn't have a ongoing yet either, but that's the right sort of approach.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'd like to see her join the main Justice League team. Now that Atomica has been revealed as a traitor, the team could certainly use another female hero to take her place.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'd like to see her join the main Justice League team. Now that Atomica has been revealed as a traitor, the team could certainly use another female hero to take her place.
    I agree, I think Vixen is the right fit for the main Justice League team, because I doubt that book will ever get cancelled (maybe relaunched every now and then, but not permanently cancelled). But DC would have to make her an integral part of the team and have her doing big thinks that make readers say "Whoa, Vixen is essential to this team."

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't mind two heroes having the same powers so long as there are enough differences between them. Though Buddy and Marie may share similar powers, they are ultimately two very different people.
    Their powers are slightly different now since Animal Man can actually change his body to resemble the animal he's mimicking. Also Vixen seems to generate an animal aura. Kinda like she did on JLU.
    Basically the same powers but at least they're trying to differentiate a bit.

I second the idea of Vixen joining the Justice League. She would be a good fit on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Their powers are slightly different now since Animal Man can actually change his body to resemble the animal he's mimicking. Also Vixen seems to generate an animal aura. Kinda like she did on JLU.
    Basically the same powers but at least they're trying to differentiate a bit.
    Yes, a visual effect like that can work. I like the idea of Vixen getting an aura over her showing which animal she is taking the power of and Animal Man getting a different visual cue.