Page 122 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm really cool with Mari being engaged to John Steward...just seems right.
    I used to want Vixen with Bronze Tiger, but I've slowly changed my mind over the past couple of months. I now want her with John Stewart. I think their powers would be interesting together, among other things.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 08-14-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    How many black female lead books are we seeing all of the sudden? Outside of SIlencer where are the others at Dc?
    Silencer is not black, she's polynesian so DC has zero black female led books with only 2 black female characters in use same as Marvel except we know they're launching a Shuri comic, and Valiant is gonna launch a Livewire ongoing in November or December

So you're point still stands, DC is behind everybody else.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 08-14-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I used to want Vixen with Bronze Tiger, but I've slowly changed my mind over the past couple of months. I now want her with John Stewart. I think their powers would be interesting together, among other things.
    So in my head, I have the perfect idea for Mari and John's child. Her name is Fauna and like Alan Scott's daughter Jade, she manipulates green energy similar to those of her father's power ring. However, unlike her father, her powers do not come from a ring or a lantern, but are generate through the Life-force of the planet/universe.

Like a Green Lantern, Fauna can bring almost unlimited green energy constructs to life but all of her creations take on the forms of animals. With these constructs, Fauna create Turtles for protection, Hawks for flight, Dogs or Bears for enhance sense, octopus arms to hold or grasp something far away and a cheetah or a rabbits for enhanced speed.

While Fauna can project the energy construct she creates, she usually surrounds her body in a protective field with her in the center. She can use the constructs in any way she likes and is only limited by her will, imagination, and endurance.

Might have my artist friend come up with a design.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

So in my head, I have the perfect idea for Mari and John's child. Her name is Fauna and like Alan Scott's daughter Jade, she manipulates green energy similar to those of her father's power ring. However, unlike her father, her powers do not come from a ring or a lantern, but are generate through the Life-force of the planet/universe.

Like a Green Lantern, Fauna can bring almost unlimited green energy constructs to life but all of her creations take on the forms of animals. With these constructs, Fauna create Turtles for protection, Hawks for flight, Dogs or Bears for enhance sense, octopus arms to hold or grasp something far away and a cheetah or a rabbits for enhanced speed.

While Fauna can project the energy construct she creates, she usually surrounds her body in a protective field with her in the center. She can use the constructs in any way she likes and is only limited by her will, imagination, and endurance.

So rumors tend to travel fast and would have spread to other publications ...even the obviously fake ones do thay and yet the one I posted didn't ...boo, I would have at least like a little discourse on what people think.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So rumors tend to travel fast and would have spread to other publications ...even the obviously fake ones do thay and yet the one I posted didn't ...boo, I would have at least like a little discourse on what people think.
    What rumor? What did I miss?

Edit...

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So this is rumored.

And even in rumors, Vixen gets a "might do"

In any case take this with a grain of salt or don't believe it, but I will say outside of the people that like the character, and people who want diversity, Vixen is never mentioned as a character that DC or WB should focus on in comics, tv shows or movies, and there was only a slight uptick in mention after Black Panther but not by much.

So I will say it is a win for her to be mentioned in any gossip/rumors.
    How did I miss this. I need this done ASAP...the superhero movie hype is starting to die down (see Antman and Wasp) and I really don't need this ending up like her comic during the 70's DC impulsion.

Hell, they can add her to the next JL movie and I would be happy
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-15-2018 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

These are some really good ideas!

Mighty Member

Would Queen Bee work as a villain in a Vixen movie?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Would Queen Bee work as a villain in a Vixen movie?
    Maybe. They've swapped rogues for adaptations before. Do you have a specific story in mind?

I could also see Queen Bee being a main foe of Bumblebee (if they aren't enemies already). I could also see Vixen going up against that one chick who gained animal powers by wearing different masks. Her name was Tabu.

I could also see Queen Bee being a main foe of Bumblebee (if they aren't enemies already). I could also see Vixen going up against that one chick who gained animal powers by wearing different masks. Her name was Tabu.
    Tabu was Vixen's cousin or close relative.

Queen Bee would be a cool villain, maybe she's trying to conquer Mari's native homeland? Or she already has and Mari goes back to help save her homeland?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Maybe. They've swapped rogues for adaptations before. Do you have a specific story in mind?
    Vordan literally just posted my idea actually lol. But I'd have it where Zambesi and Bialya have always been at each other's throats. Something similar to Israel and Palestine. I'd also combine Zazzala and the Queen of Bialya into one character. It would also give Mari the opportunity to get in touch with with her Zambesian roots for the first time, since she spent most of her life in the States.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I'm cool with Queen Bee being her major foe...or an African god, the enemy of Anansi the spider.

Edit...

So after reading African Lore, I found out that Anansi actually has three enemies for Vixen to fight. Onini the serpent, Mmoboro the hornet and Osebo the leopard, the three animals Anansi tricked to become the God of Stories.

I can see each of these "Animals Spirit/Gods" having clans or descendants that hate Anansi and are trying to kill his champion for revenge. I can even think of a way to bring Animal Man, Beast Boy and other animal-themed heroes into the mix. The first part of the story deals with the murder of Congorilla and Tasmanian Devil.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-16-2018 at 10:01 PM.