Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Vixen Appreciation

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome, my friends, to the Vixen Appreciation thread, where we can celebrate the goddess who can mimic the abilities of all Earth animals...the crimefighter, the supermodel, the activist, the philanthropist, the businesswoman...Mari Jiwe McCabe!

Last edited by MoneySpider; 11-12-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I love Vixen but I didn't care for her dread-mullet hairstyle. Here are my favorite looks for Vixen:

Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

She really needs to be used more! She has a great look, great powers, tons of appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    She really needs to be used more! She has a great look, great powers, tons of appeal.

Agreed. And now that Marvel has finally given Storm her own ongoing solo book (to debut this July), I'd like DC to give THEIR lead black female an ongoing solo book.

really wish DC would use her more

The J-man

I'm going to start a Vixen petition in a few days. I'll let you all know when it's ready to sign.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    really wish DC would use her more

OMGODDESS!!! SHE's AWESOME!
    I love the thermodynamic/infra red vision.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post

Agreed. She is my third favourite DC superhero behind Wonder Woman and Raven.

With DC and Marvel's penchant for 'seemingly' copying off one another...maybe it's time to do that Vixen solo ongoing that was cancelled decades ago.
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 05-02-2014 at 12:27 PM.
    Sun and Moon

Amazing Member

It seems odd that DC has been trying so hard to improve diversity in the new 52, yet their most distinctive black female hero has been sitting on the sidelines. I guess they've been waiting for people to forget the JLI debacle before they re-introduce Marie in a big way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by famousringo View Post
    It seems odd that DC has been trying so hard to improve diversity in the new 52, yet their most distinctive black female hero has been sitting on the sidelines. I guess they've been waiting for people to forget the JLI debacle before they re-introduce Marie in a big way.
    She popped up in Throne of Atlantis, but I don't recall seeing her since.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    It's definitely time for Mari to join the ranks of the Justice League and if not that, her own book. With her modeling background, I always wanted to team her with Donna Troy (photographer) and have them explore themes of pop culture, design, celebrity, etc. in a world filled with superheroes.
    À la X-Force/X-Statix?

Not having read the JLI debacle...I hope you are correct in that they plan to re-introduce Mari in a big way...soon.

It's technically the same issue I had/have with Marvel. Most of their other female heroes (Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Batwoman, Supergirl) and even villains (Harley) have their own ongoing...Vixen is one of the most distinctive and alluring characters in the DC fold, ever since...and yet she is not even granted prominent JL status, currently nor an ongoing. It is vexatious!
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 05-02-2014 at 01:41 PM.
    Sun and Moon

It's definitely time for Mari to join the ranks of the Justice League and if not that, her own book. With her modeling background, I always wanted to team her with Donna Troy (photographer) and have them explore themes of pop culture, design, celebrity, etc. in a world filled with superheroes.

I would kill for a vixen ongoing! Written by a black women. That would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't mind two heroes having the same powers so long as there are enough differences between them. Though Buddy and Marie may share similar powers, they are ultimately two very different people.
    Their powers are slightly different now since Animal Man can actually change his body to resemble the animal he's mimicking. Also Vixen seems to generate an animal aura. Kinda like she did on JLU.
    Basically the same powers but at least they're trying to differentiate a bit.

I second the idea of Vixen joining the Justice League. She would be a good fit on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Their powers are slightly different now since Animal Man can actually change his body to resemble the animal he's mimicking. Also Vixen seems to generate an animal aura. Kinda like she did on JLU.
    Basically the same powers but at least they're trying to differentiate a bit.
    Yes, a visual effect like that can work. I like the idea of Vixen getting an aura over her showing which animal she is taking the power of and Animal Man getting a different visual cue.