Page 127 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Any news on Vixen?
    There's also this: (not really "news", but it IS new): https://chn.ge/2IamGZY

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    DC is gonna say we are ...Naomi, coming January 2019.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    DC is gonna say we are ...Naomi, coming January 2019.
    Those characters mentioned in the petition aren't Naomi, though. And even if there were no specific names mentioned, one black female character with a solo book is not enough, and DC needs to know that.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 10-13-2018 at 07:45 PM.

A Vixen book that actually dealt with black and women issues would be dope.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Those characters mentioned in the petition aren't Naomi, though. And even if there were no specific names mentioned, one black female character with a solo book is not enough, and DC needs to know that.
    The point I was trying to make and I thought was obvious was just like everytime people ask for more black heroes and DC thinks shoving more Cyborg in our faces is the best solution, a petition about DC needing or about wanting DC comics to do black female led books will yield a similar response only now they have Naomi.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 10-14-2018 at 09:32 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Sorry, who's Naomi?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sorry, who's Naomi?
    A new heroine for the Wonder Comics imprint about to be launched next year. Our discussion thread.

And yea, I agree with kurenai24: there should be plenty of of room in the DC universe for both Vixen and Naomi and other black heroines, but we are likely to only get Naomi for a long while.

I find it weird that the petition focuses on Bumblebee not having her own book. I love Bumblebee, I think she's fun and it was great when she was in Titans (even though they didn't do much with her), but I do think she'd need to be built up more in an ensemble book before launching her into her own series. It's clearly a choice by the writers but she's very much relegated to supporting player, and a scarcely used on at that, so there's a lot of room for developing her but she doesn't currently have the name recognition the others do (and beyond Wonder Woman and Harley, even their name recognition stems from the male characters their associated with). The DC Super Hero Girls franchise is great but it's not marketed to the people who are then going to go out and buy comic books. Is there potential that she could be a leading lady? Yes, but she's not there yet. At least, she's not at a point where DC is going to take a gamble on a solo series about her, petition or not.

Vixen makes more sense. She's been a leader, she's appeared in multiple television franchises in the last few years, and she's a former member of the Justice League. Those carry name recognition which could make a profitable investment if DC gets it right.

Something a lot of people forget is that DC is a company, profits matter. Printing and distributing comic books has to be worth the investment, which means people need to be buying them. I don't see many people rushing out to buy comic books about Bumblebee. Petitions like this will never work.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I find it weird that the petition focuses on Bumblebee not having her own book. I love Bumblebee, I think she's fun and it was great when she was in Titans (even though they didn't do much with her), but I do think she'd need to be built up more in an ensemble book before launching her into her own series. It's clearly a choice by the writers but she's very much relegated to supporting player, and a scarcely used on at that, so there's a lot of room for developing her but she doesn't currently have the name recognition the others do (and beyond Wonder Woman and Harley, even their name recognition stems from the male characters their associated with). The DC Super Hero Girls franchise is great but it's not marketed to the people who are then going to go out and buy comic books. Is there potential that she could be a leading lady? Yes, but she's not there yet. At least, she's not at a point where DC is going to take a gamble on a solo series about her, petition or not.

Vixen makes more sense. She's been a leader, she's appeared in multiple television franchises in the last few years, and she's a former member of the Justice League. Those carry name recognition which could make a profitable investment if DC gets it right.

Something a lot of people forget is that DC is a company, profits matter. Printing and distributing comic books has to be worth the investment, which means people need to be buying them. I don't see many people rushing out to buy comic books about Bumblebee. Petitions like this will never work.
    DC has no problem launching NEW NEVER BEFORE HEARD OF characters into their own solo ongoing books without having any build up whatsoever, so I see no reason why Bumblebee would need build-up before getting her solo. Yes, profits matter, but again, DC seems to think they can profit by giving new characters who have never been heard of before solo books right out of the gate. As far as I'm concerned, if they have that much faith in new characters, they can and should have that much faith in female characters that have been around since the 1970s.

If The Silencer, Damage, and Sideways had any type of substantial build-up (or ANY build-up) before DC took a gamble on them and launched them into their own solo books, I really must have missed it.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 10-15-2018 at 06:26 PM.

The whole point of that label was new, fresh characters. And, I don't like the series much since mercenaries aren't my thing, but the Silencer is an African-American woman. So, at least that representation came out of it for people into the assassin genre. I only read Sideways.

And I stand corrected, Bumblebee has an issue of her own under the "Black Label" for mature stories so maybe they're finally going to give her a shot at leading her own title. I imagine it's testing the waters.

Incredible Member

How would you guys feel if they made Vixen apart of Wonder Woman's family?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    As a fan of both characters, I would hate it. Diana has her own supporting cast (that DC almost never uses) and Mari should be allowed to stand as her own character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    As a fan of both characters, I would hate it. Diana has her own supporting cast (that DC almost never uses) and Mari should be allowed to stand as her own character.
    This is similar to what Black Lightning has always gone through. I don't like the fact that he's a part of Batman's world. I wouldn't want the same to happen to Vix.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Nubia and Vixen by Marcus Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I wouldn't be a fan. Attaching anyone to the big three often means they get lost for long periods of time. They already have such large supporting casts to choose from and writers already like to make their own. I wouldn't be against her leading her own team depending the countries of Africa: Vixen and the Kingdom, anyone? She's certainly experienced enough to take the lead.