Page 107 of 134 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Aw, I like the clunky totem. A lot.

Regarding the fox head, it would be a bitch to animate, but in live action something as ornate as these would be breathtaking:

Though I'd prefer the actual mask to be in the shape of the heads of African varieties of foxes like the Fennec Fox and the Cape Fox. Their more sleek shapes would also help reveal more of Mari's lower face.

That first one is beautiful, I feel like it would be really unique in live action if it looked like a multicolored jewerly piece.

Also, the fennec fox one just reminded me that I once (and still kind of do) wanted Vixen to have a pet and that a rescued fennec fox would be the one I would want her to have.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Aw, I like the clunky totem. A lot.

Regarding the fox head, it would be a bitch to animate, but in live action something as ornate as these would be breathtaking:

Though I'd prefer the actual mask to be in the shape of the heads of African varieties of foxes like the Fennec Fox and the Cape Fox. Their more sleek shapes would also help reveal more of Mari's lower face.

To each his own i guess. Now we have to figure out WHY the totem changes shape. Unless of course, it can take the form of what the wearer pleases since its Anansi's creation
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Can you guys tell me her first appearance in the JL books. I'm trynna read some old stuff
    Justice League of America Annual Vol 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    To each his own i guess. Now we have to figure out WHY the totem changes shape. Unless of course, it can take the form of what the wearer pleases since its Anansi's creation
    It can probably look any way the wearer wants it. On a side note. Has Anansi even been mentioned in the New 52? You would think Vixen would have said something about him...somewhere.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-16-2018 at 01:36 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I don't like the current color scheme but, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I don't like the current color scheme but, oh well.
    Imo the oversized totem kills the look. But its a nice break from the orange theme shes had since like .. forever
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

She's not gonna start wearing this costume from now on or keep her totem that big, it's not even worth discussing as if it is tbh.

Also how the hell can her original costume which looks "sexy" and cute (I guess) looks kind of ugly in the JLA interpretation when the only thing different is the lack of mask and the color of costume.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

While I am happy that some folks on twitter's first thought is that DC should do Vixen to combat Marvel's Black Panther ...knowing DC they'd erase the fact that Mari lives in states now and have her stay in Africa.

In any case until DC proves they are capable of doing a well received movie, I'll only keep wishing that Vixen gets a push in the comics.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-17-2018 at 09:37 PM.

~~

~~

I prefer the fox-shaped totem as well. The green and gold look is cool and I do like it, but her tan costume is timeless to me.

I also hope that we can finally get a Vixen solo with a stellar creative team. She has so much potential and its a shame that she is so underutilized.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    While I am happy that some folks on twitter's first thought is that DC should do Vixen to combat Marvel's Black Panther ...knowing DC they erase the fact that Mari lives in states bow and have stay in Africa

In any case until DC proves they are capable of doing a well received movie, I'll only keep wishing that Vixen gets a push in the comics.
    She can be a refugee queen/princess if they'd like. But the global supermodel aspect has to be an intrinsic part of her now and a great way of separating her from T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I prefer the fox-shaped totem as well. The green and gold look is cool and I do like it, but her tan costume is timeless to me.

I also hope that we can finally get a Vixen solo with a stellar creative team. She has so much potential and its a shame that she is so underutilized.
    It's not the tan color as much as that design of the classic costume just felt a little lazy to me. At least the new color makes for more of an interesting visual with the big gold jewelry. Like a cool Princess Jasmine meets MCU Dora Milaje look.

I agree that Mari needs her own solo or at least those YA graphic novels. And she really needs her own supporting cast. The supporting cast in Black Panther make the movie, especially the women.

Who could be her supporting cast tho

While I did like the thread on Vixen where people gave their ideas and talked about what DC could do, nobody really suggested any supporting characters for her ...I think Animal Man was mentioned in a mentor role and Beast Boy was mentioned in a partner/side-kick role but these are characters who have their own books and/or could get their own books and the roles suggested for them doesn't necessarily require for them to be a main stay i.e they could just pop up or recurr every so often in the book.

I guess her supporting cast could be full of new people, ugh I wish DC could have dome something and not just the bare minimum with this character.

~~

~~

There was that professor from her web series that was voiced by Sean Patrick Thomas. He could work as a supporting character.

Start with her and her purpose and you could design a supporting cast from that.

So what would you want the main conflict or arc to be about?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-17-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Who could be her supporting cast tho

While I did like the thread on Vixen where people gave their ideas and talked about what DC could do, nobody really suggested any supporting characters for her ...I think Animal Man was mentioned in a mentor role and Beast Boy was mentioned in a partner/side-kick role but these are characters who have their own books and/or could get their own books and the roles suggested for them doesn't necessarily require for them to be a main stay i.e they could just pop up or recurr every so often in the book.

I guess her supporting cast could be full of new people, ugh I wish DC could have dome something and not just the bare minimum with this character.
    DC does the bare minimum with all their poc it's annoying.

Did you like her web show from CW? I think they did a good job with giving Vixen something.

For her supporting cast they should give her friends from the fashion industry. Probably like two of them. One could be a friendly rival and the other a best friend. Give one powers and connect them into a mythos that exist. Probably an ex-Amazon, a New God, an alien or a female fury.

She needs her own Shuri/Q type of character, maybe from another ethnicity like South Asian or Arab to make her cast more diverse.

She also needs love interests who aren't simply other superheroes appearing elsewhere. As she's a desired supermodel, she could date an Usher/Bruno Mars type celebrity (kind of drawing inspiration from Monica Lynne/Mary Jane Watson here for love interests).

Kuasa can be a conflicted recurring character.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There was that professor from her web series that was voiced by Sean Patrick Thomas. He could work as a supporting character.
    The one that betrayed her ...I guess, comic Vixen knows more about her country than animated Vixen does but I guess that professor's occupation could change in that his focus or rather occupation is a bit broader.

What was that museum in the rebirth issue of JLA, museusm of Unatural History or something like that maybe he works there and can help with certain artifacts and knowing things.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Start with her and her purpose and you could design a supporting cast from that.

So what would you want the main conflict or arc to be about?
    What could her first conflict be about? What would hook readers?

I do think they should make her animated sister Kuasa a cousin who is the daughter of the uncle she killed, the same uncle who killed her father, and Kusua can be her Joker or Lex Luther i.e her number 1 villain associated with her.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    DC does the bare minimum with all their poc it's annoying.

Did you like her web show from CW? I think they did a good job with giving Vixen something.
    The web show did alright way too short to fully explore anything, I did like Kuasa and the idea that other totems of a different kind exist, Benatu Eshu could be used as a political villain.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    For her supporting cast they should give her friends from the fashion industry. Probably like two of them. One could be a friendly rival and the other a best friend. Give one powers and connect them into a mythos that exist. Probably an ex-Amazon, a New God, an alien or a female fury.
    In that other Vixen thread someone mentioned a superhero model group, there's only 4 DC supermodels superheroes i.e Vixen, Starfire, Fire and Ice, so Vixen could have relationships with all 3 of them, but she definitely needs a supporting cast that can't be taken away from her.

The location and her villains are easy enough to come up with I believe.

Some of this stuff is good fanfiction ideas, let me take notes.

~~

~~