Page 114 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1999
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    To be fair. I see more people advocate for Vixen than XS. Fan support for XS is very non-existent. So I`m not surprised that DC doesn't do much with her. DC has to stop being so afraid sometimes.
    Vixen has limitless potential.
    It's not really a surprise there's not much vocal cry for XS these days. She has plenty of fans, but she's a team character and both teams she's a part of, the Legion and the classic Flash Family, aren't exactly around these days. There IS a ton of outcry for those groups though and so she'll ideally be back with both.

In terms of recent problems, Vixen just needs better writing. Until a moment comes where the iron is hot, having her be on a team is the way to go. She's DC's 2nd or 3rd most popular woman of color, but between how her one-shot sold last year and JLA not really doing anything for her character, I don't think a solo would last right now and one failing would just give DC an excuse not to use her. Of course then the problem becomes 'Where should Vixen go now?' And that is rather tricky. Between the four Justice Leagues, the two Titans teams, the Suicide Squad, the Outlaws, the Outsiders and the eventual Young Justice, Legion and JSA books, DC's already gonna have a lot of teams running around. A shame Beast Boy is stuck with the Titans; I still think there'd be a ton of potential for creativity in a book with a team of Vixen, Animal Man, B'wana Beast, Beast Boy and Maxine Baker.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    It's not really a surprise there's not much vocal cry for XS these days. She has plenty of fans, but she's a team character and both teams she's a part of, the Legion and the classic Flash Family, aren't exactly around these days. There IS a ton of outcry for those groups though and so she'll ideally be back with both.

In terms of recent problems, Vixen just needs better writing. Until a moment comes where the iron is hot, having her be on a team is the way to go. She's DC's 2nd or 3rd most popular woman of color, but between how her one-shot sold last year and JLA not really doing anything for her character, I don't think a solo would last right now and one failing would just give DC an excuse not to use her. Of course then the problem becomes 'Where should Vixen go now?' And that is rather tricky. Between the four Justice Leagues, the two Titans teams, the Suicide Squad, the Outlaws, the Outsiders and the eventual Young Justice, Legion and JSA books, DC's already gonna have a lot of teams running around. A shame Beast Boy is stuck with the Titans; I still think there'd be a ton of potential for creativity in a book with a team of Vixen, Animal Man, B'wana Beast, Beast Boy and Maxine Baker.
    Well damn. I just reread my post and it came off as me saying no one cares about her. But I think we forget that every character has their following, no matter how big or small. I like Bumblebee and Adrian Chase after all. Apologies.

I don't think we should always focus on sales so much. Because low sellers can easily be some of the best written stuff. We don't know how Vixen would do, to be honest. She was never given a proper shot. I would rather them take a chance. If it flops try again. I like her on teams. I liked her on JLA (Meltzer`s and Orlando's) and Birds. But the character has been around for a long time. I think it's time to have her own stories to be told.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Jenni Ognats AKA XS. 11th favorite DC hero overall.
    I would love to see her reappear. I really enjoyed her when she was stuck in the past
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Like .. can we get Mari in live action? Cause I feel like they really short changed her in the CwVerse
    They had someone use her totem ...when no one can use her totem but blood relatives.

They weakened her, they mininalized her abilities and importance. They've insulted her as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 04-06-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    They had someone use her totem ...when no once can use her totem but blood relatives.

They weakened her, they mininalized her abilities and importance. They've insulted her as far as I'm concerned.
    True, only someone of her blood can use the totem. The show seem to be playing with the idea that anybody can use the totems if the have the right elemental aligiment.

I do agree they weakened her...she should be able to defeat Grood by herself. On the other hand, I like that they tried to give her more backstory and more connetion to the magical side of DC.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-07-2018 at 06:39 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

They had someone use her totem ...when no once can use her totem but blood relatives.

That’s the CW for you. Everyone is incompetent or shown up by others.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    That’s the CW for you. Everyone is incompetent or shown up by others.
    Competence is relative. And everyone gets shown up in a superhero universe. The CW isn't immune to this.

How have they minimalized her abilities? And they can't use Mari because the actress has or had other projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How have they minimalized her abilities? And they can't use Mari because the actress has or had other projects.
    Are you seriously asking me that when the only ability she can seemingly to do most of the time is Gorilla powers or are you purposely being obtuse to defend anything DC related even when we're not specifically talking just comics.

The actress has been available multiple times like please..., there have been multiple opportunities for tptb to actually include the real Vixen and snatch up Megalyn before she attaches herself to another project ...I am getting tired of this excuse.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Incredible Member

Are you seriously asking me that when the only ability she can seemingly to do most of the time is Gorilla powers or are you purposely being obtuse to defend anything DC related even when we're not specifically talking just comics.

The actress has been available multiple times like please..., there have been multiple opportunities for tptb to actually include the real Vixen and snatch up Megalyn before she attaches herself to another project ...I am getting tired of this excuse.
    Everyone gets Nerfed (Or takes a serious intelligence drop) when there on Legends .This isn't limited to Vixen.

She's been doing a lot more than the gorilla powers. We've seen her use animal empathy and summon beast spirits for combat. And it isn't like they don't have budget to take into account but they've done the best they can.

When has she been available? She had at least two films come out this year. And wouldn't just dumping Sellers for Echikunwoke bring up some issues with contracts? I don't think it's that easy. Hell just getting in touch with her could be difficult since actors tend to move around a lot. It's a situation that isn't pretty but they do the best they can. And do we even know if Echikunwoke wants to be involved in the Arrowverse anymore anyway?

This stuff is complicated is what I'm saying. And besides, they could have just chosen to not use any Vixen altogether. This was the best compromise. Sometimes DC media screws up and sometimes they're just making the best out of bad situation.

She's been doing a lot more than the gorilla powers. We've seen her use animal empathy and summon beast spirits for combat. And it isn't like they don't have budget to take into account but they've done the best they can.

When has she been available? She had at least two films come out this year. And wouldn't just dumping Sellers for Echikunwoke bring up some issues with contracts? I don't think it's that easy. Hell just getting in touch with her could be difficult since actors tend to move around a lot. It's a situation that isn't pretty but they do the best they can. And do we even know if Echikunwoke wants to be involved in the Arrowverse anymore anyway?

This stuff is complicated is what I'm saying. And besides, they could have just chosen to not use any Vixen altogether. This was the best compromise. Sometimes DC media screws up and sometimes they're just making the best out of bad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Everyone gets Nerfed (Or takes a serious intelligence drop) when there on Legends .This isn't limited to Vixen.
    Poor Firestorm .

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Did I say that or are you implying I did based off nothing.

Fact of the matter is no one's abilities on Legend has been made to look like anybody can take over the role of anybody else's but that's what they did when they allowed someone not of Mari/Amaya's bloodline to use her totem ...made it seem like anybody can be Vixen.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 04-07-2018 at 05:13 PM.

~~

~~

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I see no reason why they couldn't just recast her.