Page 130 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    IIRC it wasn’t that the League brought Mari to Detroit, it was that they connected with her in Detroit where she was already operating as a vigilante hero.
    So she was there already...
    Vixen actually joined the team in New York (Justice League of America Annual 2) and she was living/modeling in Manhattan. Gypsy, Vibe and maybe Steel come from Detroit.

RCO012.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-17-2018 at 08:34 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Not sure how I feel about this. I'm not upset, just a little perplexed. Vixen can apparently now make whatever animal she summons into an energy construct and feels the feedback from its destruction.

On one hand I like it cause it separate her from other users of the Red like Animal Man and Beast Boy. While on the other hand, it takes aways some of the mystery of what animal she attacking with and I'm not a fan of the psychic backlash.
    RCO016.jpg

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this. I'm not upset, just a little perplexed. Vixen can apparently now make whatever animal she summons into an energy construct and feels the feedback from its destruction.

On one hand I like it cause it separate her from other users of the Red like Animal Man and Beast Boy. While on the other hand, it takes aways some of the mystery of what animal she attacking with and I'm not a fan of the psychic backlash.
    RCO016.jpg
    Ugh I hate it! It's not a damn construct! Why are they writing it like that? That forces a new weakness on her which is breaking the construct which is stupid. Well this book gonna be canceled anyway and will most likely be ignored.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

By making her use constructs its making her weaker. She's going to be the new cyborg but instead of getting broken into pieces, shes going to keep getting knocked out.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    By making her use constructs its making her weaker. She's going to be the new cyborg but instead of getting broken into pieces, shes going to keep getting knocked out.
    I kind of like the idea of her making animal construct to attack with, it opens up more options to her abilities. It's really an upgrade to her abilities but the psychic backlash is bullshit.

I agree with u, this will probably be forgotten as soon as the book ends.

RCO009_w.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-21-2018 at 03:19 PM.

RCO016.jpg
    This is as **** as Aquaman being able to control Vixen just b/c she uses the ability of a sea animal and he controls the Blue, that's not how those forces work, just as the visual constructs are just there so readers can visually see what animal abilities Vixen's using and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Ugh I hate it! It's not a damn construct! Why are they writing it like that? That forces a new weakness on her which is breaking the construct which is stupid. Well this book gonna be canceled anyway and will most likely be ignored.
    Exactly, they have barely built this character up in terms of what she's capable of and yet they're trying to drown her in weaknesses.

Hope this Damage character is forgotten along with this book, that's how ticked off I am.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 11-23-2018 at 03:06 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

RCO016.jpg
    Is that the latest issue of "Damage", or "Justice League"? Also, do you remember who wrote this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Is that the latest issue of "Damage", or "Justice League"? Also, do you remember who wrote this issue?
    Yes Damage. Writer: Robert Venditti

Damage and Vixen.jpg

Damage and Vixen1.jpg

Yes Damage. Writer: Robert Venditti

Damage and Vixen.jpg

Damage and Vixen1.jpg
    Ok, thanks. And I just found out on YouTube that Poison Ivy was able to defeat Damage by ramming a plant down his throat or something. Poison Ivy can beat him, but supposedly Vixen can't. To me, Vixen should be to the Red what Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy are to the Green.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Ok, thanks. And I just found out on YouTube that Poison Ivy was able to defeat Damage by ramming a plant down his throat or something. Poison Ivy can beat him, but supposedly Vixen can't. To me, Vixen should be to the Red what Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy are to the Green.
    Agreed. Magic and her versatility should make her very hard to defeat.

I was thinking a non powered superhero could work as a love interest for Vixen.

Often writers tend to avoid bringing in other heroes because of tension but a nonpowered love interest circumvents that.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I was thinking a non powered superhero could work as a love interest for Vixen.

Often writers tend to avoid bringing in other heroes because of tension but a nonpowered love interest circumvents that.

Just a thought.
    What do you mean none power? For the longest time she dated Bronze Tiger, a none powered martial artist.

What do you mean none power? For the longest time she dated Bronze Tiger, a none powered martial artist.
    you know characters without inate powers.

I was reading the old posts on page 6 by accident so I had this thought.

Ugh why did they go and mess with Vixens powers. Sometimes writers don't realize when they have a good thing going.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    you know characters without inate powers.

I was reading the old posts on page 6 by accident so I had this thought.
    I mean she's had romances with Bronze Tiger Roy Harper and John Stewart
    The J-man

She never dated Roy but I like the way you think. I would also be cool with Jason Todd.