Page 131 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this. I'm not upset, just a little perplexed. Vixen can apparently now make whatever animal she summons into an energy construct and feels the feedback from its destruction.

On one hand I like it cause it separate her from other users of the Red like Animal Man and Beast Boy. While on the other hand, it takes aways some of the mystery of what animal she attacking with and I'm not a fan of the psychic backlash.
    Attachment 74039
    While I think it makes for a cool visual, I hope this doesn't become a thing. I don't want her powers to manifest in this way so I hope other writers do not start to follow this.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    While I think it makes for a cool visual, I hope this doesn't become a thing. I don't want her powers to manifest in this way so I hope other writers do not start to follow this.
    It doesn't bother me that much...I just see it as a extension of her abilities. She can either internalize her animal abilities or cloak herself in a animal energy construct.

I can easily see her using energy construct of a snake to extend her reach, use the turtle construct to shield herself from attacks, claws of a tiger construct to increase her damage or a hawk construct to carry multiple people.

The only thing I dont like...the feedback she gets if her energy construct are damage.

Technically, it's not the first time she done it.
    vixen1.jpg
    RCO018.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-24-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I sorta agree with everyone else, I can see the constructs being cool but the backlash is pure bs. It's completely unnecessary and makes her vulnerable.

She never dated Roy but I like the way you think. I would also be cool with Jason Todd.
    Jason Todd and her would be interesting together.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Jason Todd and her would be interesting together.
    I like the idea of the Preacher's daughter and the bad boy.

Plus, I can see both of them going crazy if one of them got hurt in a fight.

Jason seems too young and unstable for her IMO. I've always been a fan of her JLU relationship with John Stewart. Although admittedly it would be somewhat difficult for them to see one another since John is always in space. But he is a member of the current JL so he will be around Earth a little more often.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I'm always down for a Mari/John love story.

She never dated Roy but I like the way you think. I would also be cool with Jason Todd.
    Lol, I like how this thread major discussions revolve around 3 key things, relationships, abilities, and villains/rogues gallery.

Anyway maybe that poster (Jabare) meant Green Arrow, I could have sworn I read something about Green Arrow and Vixen having a daughter in the Flashpoint timeline or some other event...

As for Roy, I would be fine with pairing him with Vixen, if he was the same Roy who was on the JLA with her, that was truly prime writing for both those characters ...and I still remember that issue of Vixen and Roy just helping each other to survive.

I like Jason Todd so I'm fine pairing him up with most, but I already have a crackship in mind for him personally even though it will never happen.

Speaking of crackship, Vixen and Animal Man always seemed like an interesting pairing ...too bad he has a whole family b/c I do like how they're always willing to help each other and Injustice 2 made me appreciate them more.

I've liked all the pairings for Vixen we've had in and outside of comics except Heatwave (LoT) and Bronze Tiger.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 11-26-2018 at 12:04 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I have a soft spot for vixen and b'wana beast. They were adorable together in the Brave and the Bold.

Why not Bronze Tiger?

I have a soft spot for vixen and b'wana beast. They were adorable together in the Brave and the Bold.

Why not Bronze Tiger?
    I just don't really care for the character of Bronze Tiger, I mean I will defend the right for the character to be used more but outside of that, I don't care. Also to me that relationship between Vixen and Bronze Tiger is done, he essentially said no to the relationship and Vixen was in a darker headspace anyway and so I don't want to see it rehashed.

And yes I agree Vixen and B'Wanna Beast were adorable in tBatB.

I'd take Bronze Tiger over B'Wanna Beast any day of the week.

Ugh no to Jason Todd. He'd be like a kid to her with these timelines. No Robins.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Lol, I like how this thread major discussions revolve around 3 key things, relationships, abilities, and villains/rogues gallery.
    Nature of the Beast...lol

Anyway maybe that poster (Jabare) meant Green Arrow, I could have sworn I read something about Green Arrow and Vixen having a daughter in the Flashpoint timeline or some other event...
    They did...and she was a mixture of her parents abilities. Archer with animal enhancement.

GreenFox2.jpg
    20181126_203732.jpg

Sadly, she seemed to be killed by Ollie's security team later in the story. I have an idea for a story with her being a part of a team of different earths heroes. Each one gather together by Kinddom Comes Jonathan Kent to fight a big bad.

As for Roy, I would be fine with pairing him with Vixen, if he was the same Roy who was on the JLA with her, that was truly prime writing for both those characters ...and I still remember that issue of Vixen and Roy just helping each other to survive.
    Good stuff. Still a great issue.

I like Jason Todd so I'm fine pairing him up with most, but I already have a crackship in mind for him personally even though it will never happen.
    Injustice kind of made me think they would make an interesting couple.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-26-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'd take Bronze Tiger over B'Wanna Beast any day of the week.
    I care about all the characters connected to the red, so I would take B'Wanna Beast over Bronze Tiger.

I definitely think he needs to be updated tho, I think he could be like a Steve Irwin type in his civilian life, maybe work for a Zoo as well, not sure how they can update his costume especially the mask/helmet but maybe they won't need to since Freedom Beast is running around, and I believe B'Wanna Beast was retired at some point anyway.

Oh, to that person who talked about Vixen having a civilian love interest, a retired B'Wanna Beast could be it...

Anyway Bwanna Beast would be the type of character I would like to see in a Vixen comic over Bronze Tiger b/c he can bring humor, he can be a love interest, and he knows Animal Man which helps connect those character together.

Injustice kind of made me think they would make an interesting couple.
    Oh yeah I remember that, I have no idea if that comic ever got back to them, the last thing I remember was I guess going back to the main story.

But yeah I could definitely see the pairing there in that timeline.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Steven Moffat(Doctor Who, Sherlock) once said we all have backlog of failed romances so I'd put her relationships with B'wana Beast and Bronze Tiger as relationships she had in the past.

Mari feels like a 10 year vet than a newb so you could have her relationships with B'wana, Bronze, Steel, John etc take place at different points of her career.

Steven Moffat(Doctor Who, Sherlock) once said we all have backlog of failed romances so I'd put her relationships with B'wana Beast and Bronze Tiger as relationships she had in the past.

Mari feels like a 10 year vet than a newb so you could have her relationships with B'wana, Bronze, Steel, John etc take place at different points of her career.
    That makes sense, also who's to say she was in a relationship with all of them, what if she just went on few dates with one or just hooked up with another, etc.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 11-27-2018 at 09:53 PM.

~~

~~