Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Not having read the JLI debacle...I hope you are correct in that they plan to re-introduce Mari in a big way...soon.

It's technically the same issue I had/have with Marvel. Most of their other female heroes (Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Batwoman, Supergirl) and even villains (Harley) have their own ongoing...Vixen is one of the most distinctive and alluring characters in the DC fold, ever since...and yet she is not even granted prominent JL status, currently nor an ongoing. It is vexatious!
    Could not agree more.

Vixen has a unique look, interesting and versatile powers, and a personality and backstory that is just BEGGING for development. I can't think of one damn reason why DC can't see her potential and make every effort to tap into it.

If they don't think she's ready for her own book? Fine. I can respect that. I understand Storm is JUST NOW getting her own ongoing after decades of being one of Marvel's most popular women. But at the very least, she deserves to be a prominent character in a team book somewhere.

Like others have said, she'd be a fine addition to the Justice League. She'd also be great on Birds of Prey. Opportunities for this character abound. I really can't think of a good reason why they wouldn't give her one.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member

I'd kill for a Vixen ongoing. Hell team up with Animal Man and call the book Agents of Red.

I absolutely love Vixen and think she is an awesome character. I was introduced to her in the JLU cartoon and since then I have been a fan. I think she has great powers and a ton of charisma. I loved the way she was portrayed in JLU and would love to see more of that captured in the comics. I also think she needs to go back to her pre-reboot costume because it was by far the best:

I think it works both with or without the gloves.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Her new costume though is just a big no-no to me. I mean, tiger stripes? Bleh!

Hopefully DC will get with it and change her back to her pre-reboot costume or something more like it.

And speaking of her costumes, you are all gonna hate me for this but I actually like Vixen's old blue and gold costume:

I like the design overall and I think she also looks good with long hair. It can use a few minor tweaks here or there but I think it can work. My only real complaint is the mask. I don't like it. At all. I think if it was to be redesigned or removed completely then the costume wouldn't be so bad.

Thoughts?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Their powers are slightly different now since Animal Man can actually change his body to resemble the animal he's mimicking. Also Vixen seems to generate an animal aura. Kinda like she did on JLU.
    Basically the same powers but at least they're trying to differentiate a bit.
    I would actually be cool with her having a "RED" powered energy field surround her whenever she uses her abilities. An energy constructs like a Green Lantern's power ring that look like the animal she is mimicking and function like an exoskeleton around her body.

Something like this...
    Vixen_New_Earth_034.jpg

justice_league_international_JLI_team_in_action.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

Her new costume though is just a big no-no to me. I mean, tiger stripes? Bleh!

Hopefully DC will get with it and change her back to her pre-reboot costume or something more like it.

And speaking of her costumes, you are all gonna hate me for this but I actually like Vixen's old blue and gold costume:

I like the design overall and I think she also looks good with long hair. It can use a few minor tweaks here or there but I think it can work. My only real complaint is the mask. I don't like it. At all. I think if it was to be redesigned or removed completely then the costume wouldn't be so bad.

Thoughts?
    I agree. I also kinda love her classic original costume. Although I've not been following Vixen's appearances for her entire career at DC, I did buy and read her mini series. Honestly I wasn't too impressed by it, but I was in love with the covers for it! It was right around the time Storm had her World's Apart mini, and I remember thinking, Wow! Two awesome black female super heroes getting their own mini series at the same time. I was there for it!

I was also introduced to her via the JLU cartoon series. I remember seeing the previews and commercials for it and thinking "WHO IS SHE?!" Needless to say I fell i love with her right then and there.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

I do not like her classic costume, at all. It is way too busy with the bunny half-mask, the gloves, the ear-rings, the necklace...plus the dual tones of blue and gold. It almost reminds me of Kitty's "sprite" costume. She's a world-renowned model for Goddess' sake...she should know better than to leave her house looking like that. I quite agree with nj06...I love the severe simplicity of her pre-reboot catsuit with that plunging neckline, the high collar...with and without the gloves. They could have gone with some additional stripe/animal print detailing in a subtle and more graphic design...just not as obvious, literal and cliche as her re-boot style with the tiger stripes and "fang" necklace. That golden tan colour though, is exquisite with her complexion...that should never change.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    really wish DC would use her more

OMGODDESS!!! SHE's AWESOME!
    I love the thermodynamic/infra red vision.
    Sun and Moon

Question about Vixen's powers.

She takes on the aspects of various animals, right? At times even physical features that humans can't even emulate without technology (i.e. the infrared vision we saw in this video.) What about the abilities of animals that are REALLY outside human capability? Like has she ever generated electricity by emulating an electric eel? If she emulates an animal with venom, does she get a poisonous bite, or whatever?

I can't recall seeing her do anything like that in anything I've ever seen.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

why is she not being used more aggressively? Others may disagree, but I would like to seen her on Justice League United instead of Animal Man.

That's a very interesting question Vanguard_01...I have no clue, to be quite honest.

But I would have to guess no...only because her power/body is not designed to emulate/create physical defense mechanisms such as venom (either through skin and or fangs) and electricity as she is not metamorph in the truest sense and usage of the term. That's also why she's never formed armour-plated scales or feathers (not that I've seen). I'm guessing she can allow her skin to become as dense as that of a rhinoceros...but she can't develop rhinoceros skin...for example.
    Sun and Moon

I do not like her classic costume, at all. It is way too busy with the bunny half-mask, the gloves, the ear-rings, the necklace...plus the dual tones of blue and gold. It almost reminds me of Kitty's "sprite" costume. She's a world-renowned model for Goddess' sake...she should know better than to leave her house looking like that. I quite agree with nj06...I love the severe simplicity of her pre-reboot catsuit with that plunging neckline, the high collar...with and without the gloves. They could have gone with some additional stripe/animal print detailing in a subtle and more graphic design...just not as obvious, literal and cliche as her re-boot style with the tiger stripes and "fang" necklace. That golden tan colour though, is exquisite with her complexion...that should never change.
    God, when u read it out loud, it sounds even worst....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Question about Vixen's powers.

She takes on the aspects of various animals, right? At times even physical features that humans can't even emulate without technology (i.e. the infrared vision we saw in this video.) What about the abilities of animals that are REALLY outside human capability? Like has she ever generated electricity by emulating an electric eel? If she emulates an animal with venom, does she get a poisonous bite, or whatever?

I can't recall seeing her do anything like that in anything I've ever seen.
    3261335-vixen+venom.jpg

3261334-vixen+electric+eel.jpg

I wrote her powers wiki and you can find some of her feats here....http://www.comicvine.com/vixen/4005-...ties-647346/#8

Yes, she can generate electricity and she has actually spit venom like a cobra that was strong enough to take out Geo-Force.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-04-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    3261335-vixen+venom.jpg

I wrote her powers wiki and you can find some of her feats here....http://www.comicvine.com/vixen/4005-...ties-647346/#8

Yes, she can generate electricity and she has actually spit venom like a cobra that was strong enough to take out Geo-Force.
    A question answered!

Very cool! Thanks for the information.

This just further shows how incredibly versatile Vixen can be as a character. She can do a little bit of everything: super-senses, strength, durability, speed, flight, energy generation, poison....etc.

Yup. With the enough good stories under her belt, this lady could EASILY be one of the biggest and most important female heroes in the DCU. With a little time and work, she could easily maintain her own ongoing. At the very least, she's and enormously valuable asset to any team she happens to join.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    God, when u read it out loud, it sounds even worst....lol.

3261335-vixen+venom.jpg

...and I am schooled, thanks a mill. LAM
    Sun and Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    A question answered!

Very cool! Thanks for the information.

This just further shows how incredibly versatile Vixen can be as a character. She can do a little bit of everything: super-senses, strength, durability, speed, flight, energy generation, poison....etc.

Yup. With the enough good stories under her belt, this lady could EASILY be one of the biggest and most important female heroes in the DCU. With a little time and work, she could easily maintain her own ongoing. At the very least, she's and enormously valuable asset to any team she happens to join.
    Your welcome.

On a team she is a very versatile character, who can easily adapt to whatever the team might need to win. Perosnally I would love to see her on a new "Outsiders" team with Nightwing as the leader. She is one of those characters who can play in the big boy league but really shine on a undercover black ops team.

...and I am schooled, thanks a mill. LAM
    Thanks IM, believe me that means a lot coming from you.