Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Where is Vixen now, in DCU? I remember reading that she was pretty banged up in some fight?

Looking at those gorgeous covers, Halle would have made a perfect Vixen instead of Catwoman or Storm.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Wat d y'all think of Vixen & Zavimbe(as his own non-Bat supahero) bcuming recurring co-stars in Batwing alongside Luke with most plots centred outside Gotham & on a global scope?
    I don't know how much longer the "Batwing" book will be around, so I'd hate for her to become a supporting character in that book and then have that book get cancelled shortly thereafter (not because of her joining the book, but for other reasons).

If she was added to the main Justice League book with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman (or at least just the MAIN JL book), and DC kept Vixen on the roster, the chances of THAT book getting cancelled would be extremely, extremely low.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Where is Vixen now, in DCU? I remember reading that she was pretty banged up in some fight?

Looking at those gorgeous covers, Halle would have made a perfect Vixen instead of Catwoman or Storm.
    As far as I know, Vixen is in limbo; the last time she was seen on panel was during that "Throne of Atlantis" story line that was in the "Aquaman" and "Justice League" books.

Before that, she had been injured in one of those Justice League International issues and was afterwards hospitalized, but I guess she was able to use the healing powers of a specific animal to recuperate.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Wat d y'all think of Vixen & Zavimbe(as his own non-Bat supahero) bcuming recurring co-stars in Batwing alongside Luke with most plots centred outside Gotham & on a global scope?
    The less we say about Justice League International, the better. Such a waste of what could have been a good book.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybay View Post
    Considering I wish they'd jump in a relationship with each other, this is really frickin neat.
    It would be awesome if Vixen was dating Superman instead of Wonder Woman. So many closed minded people would be pissed off. It would be hilarious to watch fanboys bitch about it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It would be awesome if Vixen was dating Superman instead of Wonder Woman.
    Heck yeah.

We've seen the Superman/Wonder Woman story before. Multiple times. Weren't they even married briefly in the 80's? So boring.

But Superman / Vixen? Woo! That would turn some heads (and probably get some media attention).

Still, I'd rather not see Vixen defined by a relationship with some dude, even if it would raise her profile considerably.

It's kind of neat how versatile she is, thanks to her powers. One minute, she's flying on the wings of an eagle, or running like a cheetah, the next she's teaming up with Aquaman, tapping into shark-like water breathing, whale-like strength and senses and underwater adaptation, etc. She may not be as fast as the Flash or able to fly into space or lift up a battleship, but she's got access to *hundreds* of lower level abilities, like more superhuman senses than could ever be listed, or the ability to generate a bewildering number of toxins, or webbing, or acid, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Heck yeah.

We've seen the Superman/Wonder Woman story before. Multiple times. Weren't they even married briefly in the 80's? So boring.

But Superman / Vixen? Woo! That would turn some heads (and probably get some media attention).

Granted she was just slipping Supes a poison antidote but still it's a cool image. She was also slipping him a crazy long butterfly tongue. So that's a bit creepy.

Ultimate Member

Granted she was just slipping Supes a poison antidote but still it's a cool image. She was also slipping him a crazy long butterfly tongue. So that's a bit creepy.
    Or kinky! "While I was kissing you, I tickled your duodenum!"

No, that went straight back to creepy. Never mind.

I actually really like that image and would like to see a Superman & Vixen pairing. I think they can really bring out the best in one another.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Does DC even remember this character? Just put her in Earth 2 or Birds of Prey already. DC never wants to bring out the potential in a character ever.

I feel like Vixen would be forever in Superman's shadow if they were romantically paired up. I'd prefer to see Vixen with a love interest that wouldn't leave her looking like a sidekick or something. Plus, I'd rather see her with Bronze Tiger anyway.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I feel like Vixen would be forever in Superman's shadow if they were romantically paired up. I'd prefer to see Vixen with a love interest that wouldn't leave her looking like a sidekick or something. Plus, I'd rather see her with Bronze Tiger anyway.
    I think keeping a Vixen/Superman relationship limited to a relatively short-term affair would be the best way to avoid the overshadowing you describe. It obviously wouldn't be intended as a long-term deal. Just two heroes finding some comfort and enjoyment with each other for a time.

Personally, I kind of like the idea of a Vixen/Superman relationship. They would make a very interesting couple. They're from such different worlds and walks of life, I think they'd be an interesting relationship to watch.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I think keeping a Vixen/Superman relationship limited to a relatively short-term affair would be the best way to avoid the overshadowing you describe. It obviously wouldn't be intended as a long-term deal. Just two heroes finding some comfort and enjoyment with each other for a time.

Personally, I kind of like the idea of a Vixen/Superman relationship. They would make a very interesting couple. They're from such different worlds and walks of life, I think they'd be an interesting relationship to watch.
    I agree. I would want it to be short but loving and fun. Eventually they would go their separate ways but they would stay close friends.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

Vixen is very much *of* the Earth. She's got a pretty primal connection to the animal kingdom of this planet, and Superman, despite growing up on a farm, seems to have very little deep emotional connection to the rawer side of nature, almost as if knowledge of his alien-ness, and the ability to float at the edge of the atmosphere and deep space and hold himself apart from everything, has put a sort of distance between himself and humanity / Earth. (Some artists even draw him hovering, when others are standing, arms crossed, with very closed body language, as if even *touching* the earth is no longer a comfortable thing for him, and he's consciously distancing himself from making a connection to the world below him.)

Someone like Vixen, who is more strongly tied to the world, and not some sort of abstraction or ideal or 'spirit of truth' or part of a culture or society that has *also* excluded itself from the rest of humanity and the cycle of life for millennia, could be an interesting choice to ground him a little bit, in the way that Lois used to.

On the other hand, there's a desire for this generations Superman to be seen as less friendly and good-natured as the Chris Reeves Superman, and aloof and distant and alien and terrifying, so perhaps distancing him from Lois (and humanity, in general) and keeping him exclusive to similarly distant godlike people who are 'strangers in a strange land' like himself, might be quite deliberate.

In non-dating-related thoughts, I remember back in the relaunch of Justice League International, that Mari seemed the most professional and suited to leadership apart from Booster, in that line up, which I kind of liked, because she has a long history of being a competent no-nonsense hero, and managed to escape some of the BWAHAHA character derailment that fell to members of previous Justice League International teams (like Green Flame and Icemaiden/Fire and Ice, unfortunately).

On the one hand, she'd make an interesting leader to a reformed Global Guardians sort of group, perhaps. (Assuming Dr. Mist is never coming back, or, not as a competent and heroic African man, anyway.) On the other hand, maybe it's for the best that she's never been sidelined with a team of 'ethnic heroes of many nations that will only ever reappear to get killed off as event fodder...'

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I agree. I would want it to be short but loving and fun. Eventually they would go their separate ways but they would stay close friends.
    Yeah, exactly.

No stupid insecurities. No soap opera nonsense. No bad breakup because "drama." Just two people who found some enjoyment in each other for a short while, realized that it couldn't last forever, and then decided to go back to being friends and just let their time together be something that gives them a more intimate friendship.

Yes, DC, for the record, this CAN be done in the real world. People do these things ALL the time. Not EVERYTHING needs to spiral into an angsty, emo hurricane of misery.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--