Page 55 of 134 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Nope, Bronze Tiger.
    No sir, let her move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So what power upgrades would you guys be interested in seeing Mari develop? I wouldn't mind the ability to manifest a particular animal at a time for help. Kind of like the Personas or the Stands from Jojo.
    I said this once or twice here but I only want her to mimic two different animals Gorilla Grodd (she done already) and Krypto the Superdog (she was able to mimic Superman, so he should be within her power range).

With Gorilla Grodd - She would gains his genius-level mind, enhanced durability and strength. She would also possess his many telepathic abilities, enabling her to read minds, communicate mentally with others over long distances, stun the minds of others with "mental bolts," control the minds of others, and create illusions in the minds of others. Vixen would also become a powerful telekinetic, who can use telekinesis to lift and move objects (including himself) with only her mind. She could levitate and fly at high speeds, and can carry many people while doing so. She can form powerful psychokinetic force fields or use her telekinesis for concussive blasts. Grodd/Vixen's mental powers are so powerful they could even work on the molecular level of things

With Krypto - Vixen gains all of the classic Kryptonian powers: super strength (easily falling Marvel's Class 100+ strength level); flight (near light-speed); super speed (again near light-speed); invulnerability (on Superman's level); x-ray, telescopic, microscopic and heat vision; freeze breath; and super-hearing (greater then Superman).
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Yeah, I want Vixen with Bronze Tiger.
    Same here....

BANNED

I think it's safe to say that Vixen will show up in Birds of Prey. I mean she did pop up on in Black Canary & Batgirl recently.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Lol, Bronze Tiger is so 80's. How about John Steward, Steel or maybe Roy Harper.
    I'd be down for seeing the DCAU romance between John and Mari adapted into the comics .

I kind of wonder if they'll retcon Bronze Tiger's "death" in that Arrow tie-in comic so he can appear in Vixen season 2. If they can get Michael Jai White to reprise his role, that is.

As for Roy? Eh...no. I like Roy, but I don't think they'd work well together as a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    So Vixen was one of the relatively few heroes to be featured on DC'so big splash page at the end of Rebirth. Wonder if that means they are actually going to have a visible role for her.
    I hope she'll either get a solo or at least be in some book in wave 2 of Rebirth .

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I think it's safe to say that Vixen will show up in Birds of Prey. I mean she did pop up on in Black Canary & Batgirl recently.
    She did? How recently, and was her appearance in that book/issue significant?

scans???????
    The J-man

She was in the ensemble splash page so it's a pretty safe bet that she'll be a regular in some monthly title. Birds of Prey would work but I'd rather see her on the Justice League roster where she belongs. I would actually like to see her in a romantic fling with Cyborg. The magic and technology pairing but on a romantic level. Kind of reminiscent of Cyborg's romance with Jinx on the Teen Titans cartoon.

I think Vixen doesnt need a power upgrade so much as she needs a clever writer who can push that to its full potential, much like how Geoff Johns wrote Aquaman (with the exception of the occasional Superman sucker-punch, which Orin shouldnt pull off on his best day). Johns' Orin wasn't really any more powerful than Aquaman is typically said to be (other than those couple exceptions), but Johns showed it like few others have.

I used to think that she directly copied an animal's abilities, including their limits (so running like a cheetah means 60 mph or whatever, in short bursts). But someone here explained that its not so much Beast Boy as it is Spider-Man, and Vixen's powers are "proportionate;" meaning she's far more powerful than the animal she's copying. Otherwise, I'd say this needs to be her upgrade.

Just as she is, Vixen's probably one of the five most versatile heroes in DC. Not really sure she needs a power upgrade so much as character development and exploration that can increase her profile and mythos and make her more popular.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm behind reading Black Canary but flipped through issue 11 and she popped there towards the end. She's not wearing her costume. Did some searching and she also appeared in Batgirl #51 for those interested. Here's some preview pages.

Not sure what issue of Batgirl that last image is from. But for those interested it seems the latest Vixen appearances are: Black Canary 8 & 11 and Batgirl 51 & 52. I think I'd be cool if she showed up in Birds of Prey. I just really want Vixen to show up somewhere on a regular basis again.

Hey so does anyone remember that Vixen tradepaperback that was listed on Amazon? Here's the link to the listing if you haven't seen it: https://www.amazon.ca/DC-Spotlight-V...light%3A+Vixen

It says it comes out this August. I checked the solicitations for August but saw nothing about it. So has anyone heard what the contents will be? It mentions never collected comics. I'm secretly hoping they collect that canceled Vixen #1 in that TPB but I'm curious as to what else they will put in there.

She did? How recently, and was her appearance in that book/issue significant?
    Yeah, she been in Batgirl and Black Canary's book for the last couple of months...she slowly becoming an unofficial member of the Bat family...lol

My only problem, they're writing her down. **** she could easily solo, she fighting like a novice.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-29-2016 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I used to think that she directly copied an animal's abilities, including their limits (so running like a cheetah means 60 mph or whatever, in short bursts). But someone here explained that its not so much Beast Boy as it is Spider-Man, and Vixen's powers are "proportionate;" meaning she's far more powerful than the animal she's copying. Otherwise, I'd say this needs to be her upgrade.
    Pretty much, Vixen is as strong or as powerful as she wants to be. Vixen magical powers can twist and enhance her animal abilities to the point that it's goes way pass the animal's natural limitation in nature.

Case in point:
    • Using the bio-luminescence of a Marine hatchet fish and an Angler fish to produce light from her hand and to create a laser-like beam from her head to burn the flesh off of Black Lantern Vibe.
    • Using the shell of a armored beetle to tank a punch from a mind controlled Superman
    • Accelerating the normal healing abilities of sneaks to heal bruises and wounds within seconds
    • Using her magically enhanced claws to draw blood from individuals who are considered highly resistance to damage or near invulnerable like Geo-Force, Despero, and Pre-Crisis Superman.

Just as she is, Vixen's probably one of the five most versatile heroes in DC.
    Agree 100%

Not really sure she needs a power upgrade so much as character development and exploration that can increase her profile and mythos and make her more popular.
    I can go with that too

I always though it would be cool if Vixen could mimic the abilities of mythical animals such as dragons or Thunderbirds. Then again that could make her overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I always though it would be cool if Vixen could mimic the abilities of mythical animals such as dragons or Thunderbirds. Then again that could make her overpowered.
    She actually done a dragon before. Again, she is only limited by what she thinks she can do.

4268551-jirgwxeehnauu.jpg

If she use her powers right she can actually hold her own against Flashpoint Aquaman...well till he use his telepathy

4576349-vixen+-+shock+and+whale+strength+-+copy.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-29-2016 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    She actually done a dragon before. Again, she is only limited by what she thinks she can do.
    Wait she has? Interesting. Anyway since she was in the promo image for DC rebirth, I hope DC has some plans for her.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Wait she has? Interesting. Anyway since she was in the promo image for DC rebirth, I hope DC has some plans for her.
    Yeah, I added the image up above. i didn't see her in the DC Rebirth...thanks for the heads up.