Page 6 of 134 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I feel like Vixen would be forever in Superman's shadow if they were romantically paired up. I'd prefer to see Vixen with a love interest that wouldn't leave her looking like a sidekick or something. Plus, I'd rather see her with Bronze Tiger anyway.
    I would prefer if Vixen was with John Stewart or even better Hal Jordan...Bronze Tiger is so 90's. You know what, I think I would like to see her with Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    In non-dating-related thoughts, I remember back in the relaunch of Justice League International, that Mari seemed the most professional and suited to leadership apart from Booster, in that line up, which I kind of liked, because she has a long history of being a competent no-nonsense hero, and managed to escape some of the BWAHAHA character derailment that fell to members of previous Justice League International teams (like Green Flame and Icemaiden/Fire and Ice, unfortunately).
    She would make an interesting leader, probably a hell of a lot better then Booster Gold.

IMHO, that whole JLI storyline was such as waste of time and money to me. Vixen barely got any line and was almost killed by a second rate villain. I was happy when she showed up in the JLA with no JLI stink around her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    On the one hand, she'd make an interesting leader to a reformed Global Guardians sort of group, perhaps. (Assuming Dr. Mist is never coming back, or, not as a competent and heroic African man, anyway.) On the other hand, maybe it's for the best that she's never been sidelined with a team of 'ethnic heroes of many nations that will only ever reappear to get killed off as event fodder...'
    I would really like to see her show up in a new team of Outsiders with Nightwing as the leader.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-22-2014 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I would prefer if Vixen was with John Stewart or even better Hal Jordan...Bronze Tiger is so 90's. You know what, I think I would like to see her with Nightwing.

She would make an interesting leader, probably a hell of a lot better then Booster Gold.

IMHO, that whole JLI storyline was such as waste of time and money to me. Vixen barely got any line and was almost killed by a second rate villain. I was happy when she showed up in the JLA with no JLI stink around her.

I would really like to see her show up in a new team of Outsiders with Nightwing as the leader.

Hal Jordan? eeesssh please no.

I think she belongs on the Justice LEague with Hawkgirl. Tired of WW being the only regular female member
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Hal Jordan? eeesssh please no.

I think she belongs on the Justice LEague with Hawkgirl. Tired of WW being the only regular female member
    I think Hal needs something new in his life, something earthbound. Vixen could add some nice spice to Hal's boring love life and give him a connection to the Earth.

Besides, it the ultimate troll to John Stewart/Hawkgirl fans.

I also agree Hawkgirl and Vixen would make great addtion to the JLA....maybe throw in Zatanna and Black Carnary too.

Fantastic Member

Bronze Tiger or nobody for me

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Agreed...Vixen and Bronze Tiger for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Bronze Tiger is kinda the "bad boy". I'd like to see Vixen with someone who doesn't have to occasionally leave her to assassinate a diplomat.

Ultimate Member

I also agree Hawkgirl and Vixen would make great addtion to the JLA....maybe throw in Zatanna and Black Carnary too.
    That's probably too much butt-kicking awesome female for the League to survive!

Toss in some combination of Mera, Icemaiden, Green Flame (the one that breathed magical fire that could generate illusions or be hot or cold), Moon Maiden, Firehawk, Doctor Light (Kimiyo), Bulleteer, Huntress and / or Element Woman, and you'd have a crazy Lady League of Justice.

Agreed...Vixen and Bronze Tiger for the win!
    If you want her to hit the A-List, she will have to date/associate with someone at least A-List or someone connected to a A-Lister.....not a D-List character. Sorry Bronze Tiger fans.

Any character can be A-list and shouldn't be judged on her relationship. If her popularity is based on who she is dating that is a problem.

So no to Superman that would just be weird Vixen can do better imo, plus it would just make her very backgrounded or pushed into a super supportive role.
    The J-man

I think Hal needs something new in his life, something earthbound. Vixen could add some nice spice to Hal's boring love life and give him a connection to the Earth.

Besides, it the ultimate troll to John Stewart/Hawkgirl fans.
    ?

As a big fan of HG/GL, I wouldn't be bothered by Vixen being with Hal Jordan. Better that than her being with John Stewart, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    ?

As a big fan of HG/GL, I wouldn't be bothered by Vixen being with Hal Jordan. Better that than her being with John Stewart, if you ask me.
    Obviously that dude hasn't heard of Ship Mates: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShipMates

I've seen people pair Hawkman/Vixen so it doesn't get in the way of HG/GL. Not pairing GL/HG would be trolling the shippers.

Weirdly enough Hawkman and Vixen is actually kind of an interesting pairing.

I say no to pairing her with characters like Superman if it's just give her a popularity boost. I am more in favor of her being on the Justice League or another popular team.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I've seen people pair Hawkman/Vixen so it doesn't get in the way of HG/GL. Not pairing GL/HG would be trolling the shippers.

Weirdly enough Hawkman and Vixen is actually kind of an interesting pairing.
    I have seen Vixen/Hawkman, too. And yeah, they do seem to be an interesting pair.
    If I was to come up with someone to pair Vixen with it would be... heh... Hawkman :P

What would I do with Vixen?
    I think I'd use her in a relaunched Birds of Prey series.

If you want her to hit the A-List, she will have to date/associate with someone at least A-List or someone connected to a A-Lister.....not a D-List character. Sorry Bronze Tiger fans.
    Vixen can be an A-list character without associating with another A-list character other than being a part of the main Justice League team. The problem right now is that she appears to be in limbo because DC is too busy pushing the usual duo of Superman and Batman in everything. If the company started pushing more of their diverse heroes, like Vixen, than the company would be better off in the long run.

DC also seems to be pushing Animal Man these days...not only did he have his own series a while back, but even after that ended, the character is now on the roster of Justice League United. Do you think all of this exposure for Animal Man is due to him being an A-list character or being associated with A-list characters? I personally don't think it has anything to do with Animal Man being associated with A-list characters, but I do think Animal Man is getting all of these chances because 1.) he has had solo books in the past and 2.) Jeff Lemire appears to like writing the character.

What Vixen really needs is writers/editors who want to utilize her as a character...I don't think she needs to be associated with A-list characters in order to make that happen.

I have seen Vixen/Hawkman, too. And yeah, they do seem to be an interesting pair.
    If I was to come up with someone to pair Vixen with it would be... heh... Hawkman :P

I'm not sure I'd use her in a Birds of Prey series, since the Birds of Prey are connected to the Batman side of things, and Vixen is not a Batman character. I'd have her guest-star in a few issues of Birds of Prey like she has done in the past, but I wouldn't have her be a member of the team.

Yes, I agree about the Birds of Prey. With the ever fluctuating membership of the Justice League that might actually be a better spot for her than any other place.

Vixen can be an A-list character without associating with another A-list character other than being a part of the main Justice League team. The problem right now is that she appears to be in limbo because DC is too busy pushing the usual duo of Superman and Batman in everything. If the company started pushing more of their diverse heroes, like Vixen, than the company would be better off in the long run.

DC also seems to be pushing Animal Man these days...not only did he have his own series a while back, but even after that ended, the character is now on the roster of Justice League United. Do you think all of this exposure for Animal Man is due to him being an A-list character or being associated with A-list characters? I personally don't think it has anything to do with Animal Man being associated with A-list characters, but I do think Animal Man is getting all of these chances because 1.) he has had solo books in the past and 2.) Jeff Lemire appears to like writing the character.

What Vixen really needs is writers/editors who want to utilize her as a character...I don't think she needs to be associated with A-list characters in order to make that happen.
    Agreed. These days you can't just have a character in a solo book. You need them on a team book to boost the signal even further and have them show up on cartoons, tv shows and movies in order to truly give them a head start.

I'm not sure I'd use her in a Birds of Prey series, since the Birds of Prey are connected to the Batman side of things, and Vixen is not a Batman character. I'd have her guest-star in a few issues of Birds of Prey like she has done in the past, but I wouldn't have her be a member of the team.
    I think the BoP has managed to stand on their own as a team even though it's a Bat-Book. Batman is not even a part of it.

The team is about as connected to Batman as he is to Teen Titans. It's just a team that just happens to be lead by a major Batman character and while the team does have greater ties to the Bat World than Teen Titans, they still live in their own world with their own enemies and purpose.

Personally, I think BOP is the best fit for her. The Justice League hasn't been able to keep a single line up for more than 5 years in the last decade whereas BOP has managed to keep a stable up until the New 52 realunch.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly