Page 7 of 134 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I've long wanted Vixen to be a regular with the Birds of Prey and if they reboot the team, that would be an awesome place to start (as long as they get a new writer and regular artist.)

I would love for her to be in the Justice League, but so far the League hasn't been that good to her, so perhaps, BoP would be a better fit. Black Canary, Batgirl, Vixen, Katana...I could really enjoy that book!

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I've long wanted Vixen to be a regular with the Birds of Prey and if they reboot the team, that would be an awesome place to start (as long as they get a new writer and regular artist.)

I would love for her to be in the Justice League, but so far the League hasn't been that good to her, so perhaps, BoP would be a better fit. Black Canary, Batgirl, Vixen, Katana...I could really enjoy that book!
    Add Starling to the team and it's golden.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'd like to see Vixen in the Birds of Prey that'd be interesting.

BANNED

I wonder how long its going to take before they make a movie staring hally barry and f#&king up like catwoman ?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Vixen can be an A-list character without associating with another A-list character other than being a part of the main Justice League team. The problem right now is that she appears to be in limbo because DC is too busy pushing the usual duo of Superman and Batman in everything. If the company started pushing more of their diverse heroes, like Vixen, than the company would be better off in the long run.

DC also seems to be pushing Animal Man these days...not only did he have his own series a while back, but even after that ended, the character is now on the roster of Justice League United. Do you think all of this exposure for Animal Man is due to him being an A-list character or being associated with A-list characters? I personally don't think it has anything to do with Animal Man being associated with A-list characters, but I do think Animal Man is getting all of these chances because 1.) he has had solo books in the past and 2.) Jeff Lemire appears to like writing the character.

What Vixen really needs is writers/editors who want to utilize her as a character...I don't think she needs to be associated with A-list characters in order to make that happen.
    No. I think I miss spoke. What I meant was if DC decided to give her a man or woman (free love people), it should be with someone who will increase her popularity. I don't want DC to hook her to someone who will drag her popularity down.....hell we just went through that at Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    No. I think I miss spoke. What I meant was if DC decided to give her a man or woman (free love people), it should be with someone who will increase her popularity. I don't want DC to hook her to someone who will drag her popularity down.....hell we just went through that at Marvel
    Why are you assuming that her popularity will be dragged down by certain characters? Please explain.

What sort of supermodeling contracts do you all think Vixen would have? I would think she would have contracts with Maybelline, or Revlon, etc...I'm also thinking that Vixen could be rich, if she has a lot of modeling contracts and endorses certain companies.

I see Vixen being rather wealthy as well. I think of her kinda being like Tyra in the sense that she started out as a model but has now become a full on business woman who branched out into other business ventures, possibly starting her own clothing line, footwear line, make-up line, while also being involved in various human and environmental rights campaigns. And I don't think Vixen would ever model for anything made from animal fur/skin.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Why are you assuming that her popularity will be dragged down by certain characters? Please explain.
    As much as some would hate to admit it, your interest in a person can change greatly, depending on the people they chose to hang out with or date. While adding her to the JLA would increase her popularity, having Vixen date someone like Batman/Green Lantern/Superman would shoot her to superstar level.

What sort of supermodeling contracts do you all think Vixen would have? I would think she would have contracts with Maybelline, or Revlon, etc...I'm also thinking that Vixen could be rich, if she has a lot of modeling contracts and endorses certain companies.
    I always assumed that Vixen was in the Tyra Banks level when it came to her modeling career. IIRC, she had a nice apartments on both coast, a clothing and perfume line before the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I see Vixen being rather wealthy as well. I think of her kinda being like Tyra in the sense that she started out as a model but has now become a full on business woman who branched out into other business ventures, possibly starting her own clothing line, footwear line, make-up line, while also being involved in various human and environmental rights campaigns. And I don't think Vixen would ever model for anything made from animal fur/skin.
    IIRC, the old DC boardgames had her personal wealth around 2 to 5 million. Now if we're saying she on Tyra's level, she is around 90 million.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 06-01-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

As much as some would hate to admit it, your interest in a person can change greatly, depending on the people they chose to hang out with or date. While adding her to the JLA would increase her popularity, having Vixen date someone like Batman/Green Lantern/Superman would shoot her to superstar level.

I always assumed that Vixen was in the Tyra Banks level when it came to her modeling career. IIRC, she had a nice apartments on both coast, a clothing and perfume line before the New 52.

IIRC, the old DC boardgames had her personal wealth around 2 to 5 million. Now if we're saying she on Tyra's level, she is around 90 million.
    I would never want to see her date someone like Superman/Batman/Green Lantern or any other A level hero as they would do more to over shadow her than elevate her to their level.

I would however like to see more of her personal life explored which I dont recall ever having much done with outside of the old JLA Detroit run and not even that much in the Vixen mini she had a few years back. I never knew her wealth level had been written out any where, but always assumed it was rather up there as she was often said to be super model level. In a book such as BoP, with a limited cast, they could really give her a chance to shine and develop her quite well.

Isn't Vixen also an entrepreneur? I see her as being like Iman: supermodel from Africa who also owns her own company.

As for hooking up with an A-lister, that could also end up being detrimental to the character if they end up being 'X characters' girl friend. Black Canary was once the poster child for how strong female characters become lesser to make the male hero look good and the same happened to Zatanna when she got pigeon holed into being 'Constantine's hot girl friend'. Basically, their own world and mythology got shoved to the side so they can be a sub set of the main male hero's world. Shows like Arrow, absorbs Black Canary's world into GA's world despite BC starting out as a stand alone character.

Once the relationship is done with, the character will be back to square one.

I am fine with Vixen in a relationship so long as it benefits the character in terms of developing her world, not if it just brings her to the lime light for a brief while before fading. More Arthur/Mera less GA/BC.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I would never want to see her date someone like Superman/Batman/Green Lantern or any other A level hero as they would do more to over shadow her than elevate her to their level.

I would however like to see more of her personal life explored which I dont recall ever having much done with outside of the old JLA Detroit run and not even that much in the Vixen mini she had a few years back. I never knew her wealth level had been written out any where, but always assumed it was rather up there as she was often said to be super model level. In a book such as BoP, with a limited cast, they could really give her a chance to shine and develop her quite well.
    I can actually remember several different times it's been shown/mentioned that Mari has some money and is a successful business woman.

1) When she first appeared, she had a limousine driver. (Action Comic #521)
    2) A police officer's wife said she couldn't afford a dress from Mari's clothing line. (Flash #46)
    3) Huntress said she wanted a refund for buying one of Mari's perfume. (Birds of Prey #72)
    4) It was also shown that she has two apartments, one in the New York area and one in the San Francisco area. (IIRC, Justice League America 260 and Red Tornado #4)

While she no Bruce Wayne, she doing pretty good in the money department.

Vixen is awesom , really needs to be used more...hopefully DC would do something worthwhile with her soon. To me my favorite moment with her is when she ploughed right through amazo's chest to reclaim her totem.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Invincible Member

The problem there tho, is that she'll be known as the girlfriend of the more popular hero and not as a hero in her own right. The trick would be to pair her with someone who'd compliment her without over shadowing her.

Ultimate Member

She seems likely to be personally interested in supporting companies that don't do a bunch of animal testing for their cosmetics (or whale harvesting for ambergris, or whatever).

She might also support companies or designers that come out of Africa, particularly her native Zambesi. Even if no local designers are big enough to be represented at fashion shows, she might still choose to wear local designers when she's out and about, which would automatically raise their profile and get other people checking out their stuff.