Page 72 of 134 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Preview images from Vixen's upcoming one-shot:

This just makes me want her to have her own series, a celebrity (essentially) who is a superhero, and has no secret identity, it would just make any relationships she has that much more dynamic and she'd subvert the 'keeping secret from loved ones' trope.

Can't wait till this comes out.

One thing I like about Vixen is how her powers can vary depending on the situation....

Her strength level can range

2 ton (Leafcutter Ant)
    7 tons (Weaver ants)
    12 tons (Elephant)
    65 tons (Rhinoceros Beetle)
    80 tons (Dung Beetle)
    and maybe....7,000 tons (Gonorrhea Bacterium) Gross but here we go, Gonorrhea can lift 100,000 times it's own weight. Doing quick math on the phone so forgive me if I mess up.

Vixen's weight = 140lbs
    Gonorrhea Bacterium can left 100,000 times it's own weight
    100,000 X 140 lbs = 14,000,000 lbs
    1 ton = 2000 lbs
    ....so 14,000,000/2000 = 7,000 tons

http://knowledgenuts.com/2013/09/10/...ving-creature/
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 12-06-2016 at 05:22 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

If Vixen had her own book, what storylines would you guys like for DC to do, and what villains, supporting cast and love interest(s) would you like Vixen to have, and where do you think she would even be located and do you think Vixen's supporting cast, villains, love interests would consist mostly of existing DC characters or new ones...
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-11-2016 at 01:29 AM.

Storylines - Make her book about a international model/spy who works for the government/Batman/Justice League. Make her into a woman of mystery who has deep ties to the spy world and superhero community. Her young life should be painfully forge in the fiery wheel of war and death.

Villains - Gorilla Grood (he has the potential to be her #1 foe), Parasite, Silver Banshee, Intergang, Felix Faust (someone who makes Mari get into her magic side) and a evil Animal Master, that's been locked away by the other Animal Masters

Supporting Cast - Black Canary and Zatanna (cause these two should be her Girls), John Steward (potential love interested), Martian Manhunter (they had a very family feel back in the JLA), Superman and Animal Man (big brothers), maybe some cousins, other fashion models and a somewhat sleazy but funny manager who actually has a good heart.

Love Interest(s) - I still like the idea of her and John Steward, the JLU really made me a fan of them as a couple. I'm also cool with Bronze Tiger showing up but not for a long term relationship. Maybe, even give her a White or Latino boyfriend. Maybe....and this is a big maybe, Green Arrow, so I can see their Flashpoint daughter show up.

Location - New York

Vixen's supporting cast, villains, love interests would consist mostly of existing DC characters or new ones - I'm cool with that.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 12-11-2016 at 05:22 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

As far as John Stewart as a love interest is concerned I'd be cool with that mostly because of the JLU cartoon.

I liked the relationship she had with B'wanna Beast back in the Brave and the Bold cartoon and wouldnt mind seeing that happen in Rebirth.

An east or south asian boyfriend would be cool.

In terms of villains i think you can use a few WW villains like Silver Swan and Dr Psycho.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-11-2016 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Supporting Cast - Black Canary and Zatanna (cause these two should be her Girls), John Steward (potential love interested), Martian Manhunter (they had a very family feel back in the JLA), Superman and Animal Man (big brothers), maybe some cousins, other fashion models and a somewhat sleazy but funny manager who actually has a good heart.
    What a sad day was the one when superhero supporting casts began taking a turn towards the "other superheroes first, then some generic muggles if we're a few panels short" paradigm. Nothing like a concentrate of elitism to make struggling characters endearing.

Yeah, in my opinion, Vixen's supporting cast should be fellow fashion models. At least, that's what I'd want.

Storyline: Pretty basic, Mari the Globetrotting Superhero. She's a fashion model, so she won't be relegated to one point for long. Introduce her in one city and have her world expand as she goes from place to place.

Villains: Introduce new characters. I had an idea where a group of villains called The Poachers stay in the background and tail Mari around the world as a constant threat. She also needs an archvillainess who could match, or even over power her.

Supporting cast: A group of fashion models and their manager who operate as Mari's support squad. In a good reversal, they're the one who keep their secret lives hidden, while Mari is the hero with the public identity.

Love interest: Bronze Tiger will be that on again off again romance that gets steamy whenever he shows up. And a new character that changes Mari's life up a bit. Maybe a down to earth person who is constantly brought along and in awe of the life Mari leads. Like a good ol' boy type guy.

I don't think we should be recycling villains and support characters off the jump. Give her something to call her own first, and then we can bring in the rest of the world.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Love Interest would have to be Bronze Tiger. The story these two can bring to the table could be really good

I think Gypsy would be a good supporting cast member for a Vixen comic ... plus she is being introduced into the Flash TV series ... so she will have more mainstream exposure too.

Bronze Tiger
    would be a good love interest. Interestingly, he was romantically connected to BOTH former team mates, Vixen AND Gypsy ... pre Flashpoint!!!

I prefer her with Bronze Tiger. I like that they were in the Suicide Squad together, and I like that in one of those Justice League of America stories in which she was in an alternate universe or something, Bronze Tiger was the only person she tracked down to help her sort things out. Benjamin Turner would be the "bad boy" she just cannot resist. She would date other black men, but Bronze Tiger would always be the man she really, really craves and never falls out of love with. (He would feel the same about her).

I definitely would NOT want her working for Batman because I don't want her being one of his "agents" or someone who reports to him about anything.

For her rogues gallery, I could see her coming across Ra's Al Ghul and Vandal Savage, for starters.

For her supporting cast/friends, I'd like to see her and Bumble Bee and the new Power Girl become her two best friends because it is rare in comic books to see three black women hanging out together. Usually you are shown the "token" black man or woman hanging out with a bunch of white characters all day while apparently having no black friends of their own. I'd also like to see David Zavimbe restored as Batwing (the Batman of Africa) and have him and Vixen team up from time to time to defeat a common threat.

And I'm not sure how I feel about other fashion models being part of Mari's supporting cast; they could pop up from time to time, but I think it would be very boring to constantly see the fashion models in juts about every issue because besides modeling, what would they bring to the table? I can just imagine Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Zuri Tibby and Leomie Anderson-type fashion models around Mari all the time and what would they be doing every issue besides talking about runways, fashion and the men they are dating?
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 12-11-2016 at 09:03 PM.

You could make the models black just like Mari. They don't even have to be real life people. And they can bring the perspective of human characters to Maro's world, something superhero comics lately seem to have s disregard for.

I'm thinking about the questions that I asked all of you guys, and I have a couple of questions of my own.

Some people say that Vixen can't hold her own book, so what are some characters (villains, supporting/recurring characters, love interests) who have a good following but don't have their own books that would work well in Vixen's world that could help give her book a push in sales without it seeming contrived?

~~

As for answering some of my own earlier questions.

Storylines: I have no idea what storylines I would want her to have, but I do know that I would love to see her balance being a superhero and a model/business woman. Everything she does in one aspect of her life can effect another b/c she has no secret identity, hell she could prioritize her hero life over her civilian life and that can be detrimental for her business.

I also would not mind if DC incorporated the Vixen season 2 storyline with the necklaces.

Team Ups: I think Black Canary, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Arsenal (who she had a good relationship with in Justice League), Martian Manhunter, John Stewart and obviously Superman and Batman (those last two being people she had a good repport with).

Supporting/Recurring Cast: I feel like she needs a PA to help her balance her two lives, in which case this would be the place for DC to add a prominent non hero OC.

I don't know if Zatanna would have enough of a purpose to be a supporting character, but I love the character and I feel she could recur since Mari's totem is magic and that's bound to lead her to something magic related.

Pamela Isley, I know people don't like Batman sharing his toys or don't like characters leaving the vicinity of the hero they were created for, but I do think her and Pamela could have good rapport as well as bump heads.

Bwanna Beast is a character who's best friend was from Zambesi, and there was a legend about a beast (Bwanna Beast) on a mountain overlooking the Zambesi village. I almost feel like they're connected in that way and would strike up a good relationship on that alone, and it would be nice to see this character deconstructed and worked on especially if he's a retired hero.

Villains: Someone mentioned Gorilla Grodd and I agree.

I think Vixen having a villain in her civilian life too would be interesting so maybe another business woman, model, or model/business woman she's mainly competing with who fights a bit dirty. Another non-powered OC would work well here.

I would also want Vixen's sister from the animated series to be introduced, maybe in the comics she's not her sister, therefore a trope is avoided, but the daughter of her uncle or the daughter of the villain in her mini series who is continuing where her father left off instead doing it for revenge ...so we can avoid another trope.

Love Interest: I tried to imagine an already created character who's on Mari's level civilian life wise, and all I could come up with was Bruce Wayne ...who I love but that's never gonna happen.

Bronze Tiger is a character I don't like, but I could see an on and off thing between him and Vixen, so lust.

John Stewart, is a character I love but the idea of him in a romantic relationship with Vixen brings back war flashbacks of Vixen being hated b/c she stood in the way of John and Hawkgirl, but I could see him being a past relationship that didn't work out and therefore her confidant.

The Brave and The Bold endeared me to the idea of Bwanna and Beast and Vixen so possibly flirty relationship.

The idea of DC creating an OC also works, someone mentioned East Asian, that would be cool, you never see interracial relationships that doesn't involve half of the couple being white and particularly this kind of reminds me of the article with statistics that showed how black women are the least desirable women and asian men are the least desirable men so it's kind of like, they found each other through all the bullshit, plus an east asian male character being looked to as a romantic interest this is not common.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-12-2016 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    For her supporting cast/friends, I'd like to see her and Bumble Bee and the new Power Girl become her two best friends because it is rare in comic books to see three black women hanging out together.
    Switch Power Girl with Rocket. New Power Girl (Tanya Spears) can look up to the three older black women as role models.

BANNED

As for the love interest part, why does she have to have one? Personally, I think it would be cool if she just screwed whoever she wanted. I absolutely see nothing wrong with that. Let me know if you think the opposite.

Villains: i think Grodd would be a great villain that Mari comes across every now and then. But as being part of the rogues gallery, idk. That's Flash territory. Morgaine Le Fey would be an amazing choice, how about some beings from African mythology/folklore?