Default Have you ever submitted your writing to Dark Horse?

I found online the submission instructions for scripts, but I was just curious if anyone had tried it before. Did you hear bsck from them? Did they offer advice, or was it just a flat refusal? What was the experience like?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Amazing Member

i have, and i heard nothing. as per their page ifo, they only respond if they're interested; they don't spend time offering advice or sending rejection mails.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I have not done this yet, but I am getting ready too. I am currently co-writing a mini series.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Good luck with your submission Power Torch!

I just finished up my project, and now have 2 mini's to pitch that could transition to ongoings, potentially. I've spent the last year working on these, polishing them, doing new drafts of them...I believe I have produced my very best work. All I have to do now is decide which one to submit first.

Obviously the pitch/script has to be phenomenal for them to reach out, but I wonder how many of their writers were like us & got work there by submissions and not just coming over from another company.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Not sure if I am reading right, but it sounds like you have just the writing. Dark Horse only takes fully made stuff with art and things. They don't just take writing submissions, you need to have an artist ready.

Its why I have not done it yet haha. Finding an artist yet. But if you have one, then good luck to you as well!
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Not sure if I am reading right, but it sounds like you have just the writing. Dark Horse only takes fully made stuff with art and things. They don't just take writing submissions, you need to have an artist ready.

Its why I have not done it yet haha. Finding an artist yet. But if you have one, then good luck to you as well!
    No, DH takes just writing submissions. They have a whole form for it and everything.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Company/Submissions

Quote Originally Posted by DonWinslow View Post
    No, DH takes just writing submissions. They have a whole form for it and everything.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Company/Submissions
    Oh thats new, when I started writing my stuff like 2 years ago they were not talking just writing :P.

Thanks for the update.
    Pulls:

As an aspiring writer I am working on a comic with my dad BUT I also have ideas for 2 different mini series. I might send something to Dark Horse in 2015 since I'm still not confident in my writing.
    If anyone wants to talk ideas or possible collaborations feel free to PM me!