Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cover Contest Weekly Winners

Welcome

PLEASE NOTE: This thread is intended for reference only - not as a general discussion thread. I’d appreciate it if forum members with comments, suggestions or questions would either PM me or post them in a currently running Cover Contest thread where they will almost certainly be seen and answered by myself or, more likely, someone smarter than me.
    This is a work in progress and your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Individual contests are listed by date and topic in descending order beginning with the first contest imnmediately after the CBR reboot in 2014.
    Links to winning cover images and each cover contest are provided in each individual entry.

A record of previous contest topics and winners is still available HERE

Cover Contest Weekly Posted Rules:

Post one (and only one) cover that fits the theme of this week's contest.
    Covers must be from a published comic book, collected volume or graphic novel.
    Covers must be posted before voting begins.
    Voting begins 12 AM Tuesday and runs until 12 AM Wednesday PST.
    Vote by posting the name in bold of the poster whose cover best fits the theme or that you simply like the most. A vote need not be in bold, but it does make it easier to tally votes.
    The winner of the contest is the entrant with the most votes after the voting period.
    It's okay to discuss the covers but if you think someone's entry doesn't fit the theme or violates the rules don't argue it in the thread - simply don't vote for it.
    Most importantly, remember that we're here to have fun. Enjoy!

Contest Rules/Customs Not Posted Weekly:
    Each week a new contest will be posted by the winner of the previous week.
    After the voting period (from 12AM PST Tuesday to 12AM PST the following Wednesday) is up, the OP is usually expected to count the votes and post the results on that Wednesday morning. Sometimes other players will beat them to the punch. This is not a big deal and shouldn't be taken personally.
    Occasionally voting will result in a tie. The person who did the tally that week will usually call for a tie breaking vote from someone who has not yet voted.
    A contest winner usually has 24 hours from the time of the winning announcement to post a new contest.
    Whomever tallied the votes will usually send the winner a PM around this time, however, since this doesn't always happen, players are expected to be responsible enough to check in on the Wednesday after the day of voting to see if they have won.
    If a new contest has not been posted by the winner after 24 hours the player with the next highest number of votes wins by default and will have 24 hours to post the new contest.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 08-20-2022 at 06:24 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe