Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

There has been a shortage of gratuitous Dick Grayson ass shots. This is probably the solution.

Astonishing Member

It's interesting actually - in principal there's actually nothing wrong with Schumacher's choices. Which villains turn up, what kind of big brassy art choices he used. It did not translate at all well to film ... wasn't that great for casting ... but on the comics page it won't be that garish.

Moreover by using Nguyen you can avoid some of the pitfalls, like ... bad costume design (he's quite good) ... or two different Batman actors can be melded into one ... or Robin can actually look like Dick Grayson, kid wonder, not Chris O'Donnell.

If this is true I'll totally read it. Primarily for that Dustin art, and a chance to see him do some Freeze freezes Gotham stuff and so-forth.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Definately up for this. Batman Forever is a bunch of really great ideas that - for various reasons - don't always translate well to the screen. But for the most part, Batman, Dick and Riddler are well served. In fact, I'd say it's the best showing for Batman The Character in the 20th Century movies.

Batman And Robin comes off pretty visually obnoxious on screen, but in comicbook form could have the rougher ends sanded off - and increased continuity would make a lot of it seem more natural.

And a third and final chapter to tell where Batman, Robin and Batgirl ended up in this continuity? Well, what could be wrong with that?

Don't believe it, as such. Would buy it. And Nguyen would be a great, fun choice if they could get him.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    I honestly don't foresee this happening.

The source is bleeding cool which means it really isn't much of a source at all and I just don't see DC doing this. They want to distance themselves from those films as much as possible.
    It's been so long that the public at large doesn't care about those movies one way or the other anymore. Not to mention the chances that this news is going to go anywhere outside of Geekdom is pretty nonexistent. And as you can see from this thread, most nerds seem to be open to the idea since it's not robbing them of a good movie, or at the very least for they dig the novelty factor.

Spectacular Member

I hope he doesn't overcorrect and try to make them too serious. This could still be fun and camp like his movies were, without being as shit. If it doesn't keep the same tone what's the point?

I hope they do more comic continuations of their older movies though like they're doing with Batman '66 and Wonder Woman '77.

Astonishing Member

Frankly, I think Forever was a pretty good Batman movie. At the very least it did the flashback's to Batman's origin, Bruce's psychological issues, and Dick's origin as Robin near-perfectly.

Batman & Robin was the real mess...but its not like it didn't have a few enjoyable moments.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'm strangely ok with this. Batman 66 is fun and this may be in the same vein. If this happens, then I'd personally wouldn't mind Bryan Singer authoring a digital comic based on the ideas he had on the planned sequel to SUPERMAN RETURNS.
    Exactly. I'm always interested in these movies that didn't get off the ground (so I'm hanging out for that Superman Lives documentary). I'd love to see a series of accurate, comic book representations of Singer's X3 (won't happen because of Marvel vs Fox), Singer's Superman sequel, Burton's Batman III, Mark Miller's Superman trilogy, Cameron's Spider-Man etc.

I am glad that this thread isn't a pit of venom and hate which I have pretty much expect in any discussion involving Schumacher.

I too am looking forward to this and think that Joel gets way too much crap for the movies and that he deserves a shot at redemption. I've met people online who says they have worked with him on other films and they say they couldn't have met a nicer guy.

The Bat nipple suit is old enough to drive a car. We've gotten great Batman stuff before, after and the DCAU cartoons and comics were awesome and we got those during the time the movies were released. It's time to let those movies go and forgive him for them.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Definitely interesting. Particularly when it comes to what constitutes his "original vision."
    Nguyen seems an odd choice for this project though.

Incredible Member

While this sounds like it could be fun, and I would definitely buy the first few issues to see what its like, it could go one of two ways- it could be fun, like Batman 66, or it could end up like a new version of Neil Adams' Batman Oddyssey. Not so good story, but with great art.

BANNED

Joel gets too much flack and he even admits that Batman and Robin was just a paycheck he did for nothing but toy executives. Batman Forever was a still a damn good popcorn film and he had tons more darker elements that WB cut from that film. He deserves a chance to redeem himself in the Bat Mythos. I'm all for this.

Batman Forever had a lot of interesting plot points, sadly, the best scenes were deleted, which is a shame, and is not Joel's fault. His third batman movie sounded really great. So I can say I'm glad he's doing that, and if Dustin is really on art, it could be really amazing. This is a really interesting project. Maybe Tim Burton could do the same about his third batman movie as well.

BANNED

I will say this till the day I die.Val Kilmer was a damn good Batman.So it was'nt all shit I just feel they were doing take offs on the old TV show.If people can enjoy Gotham as shitty as it is I can enjoy Schumaker Bats.Let us not forget these movies made shitloads of money.
    Last edited by doodledude; 10-27-2014 at 06:30 AM.