Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default Marc Guggenheim Takes Over X-Men in August

From IGN:

X-MEN #18

NEW CREATIVE TEAM! And a new mission for the first all-female team of X-MEN…

• S.W.O.R.D. is Earth’s premiere counterterrorism and intelligence agency when it comes to dealing with extraterrestrial threats.

• But when the ferocious Shi’Ar warrior Deathbird lands on their doorstep at the brink of death, S.W.O.R.D. calls in the X-MEN to investigate!

• But are the X-Men equipped to handle the horrific new threat that’s emerged from the edge of space?

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Let's just remember that this is the guy who had Wolverine regenerate from his adamantium skeleton post CW.

Good news for Rachel fans though:

Guggenheim: Hmm... You know, I would say a lot of the story's emotional core comes from Rachel. One of the other things I wanted to do was something that I don't think they really had as much of an opportunity to deal with in X-Men: Kingbreaker was the idea that -- and I guess it was Chris Claremont's third run on Uncanny X-Men -- the Shi'ar Empire was basically responsible for the deaths of all of Rachel's family. I wanted to come up with a story -- all the stories that I pitched to Mike and Dan, I wanted them all to have an emotional through line, so that, in addition to cool set pieces and fun plot, there would be a real, emotional anchor to each of these stories.

For the space story, Rachel and her family history is a big part of her, a big part of the story that deals a lot with themes of vengeance and how one honors the memory of their fallen family. So Rachel's very much at the core.

I would say, as far as the character that's most fun to write, probably Jubilee. I always tend to gravitate and have the most fun with the characters that have a sense of humor to them.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 05-09-2014 at 09:18 AM.