Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LOL Just when I thought the book couldn't get any worse.

To be fair, I'm glad someone is giving Rachel some attention. And Deathbird is a delight. There's still a chance this might not be completely horrible.

After the first few issues, this books has just been a trainwreck. No artist has stayed for more than 3 issues, stories are changed half way through/cut short and the editing in the last arc was atrocious. I'm hoping that this is a sign that at least the creative team will stabilize but I'm not holding my breath. I love the cast on this and I really want it to succeed, too bad marvel doesn't.
    Last edited by MrMcMuffin; 05-09-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Good news on all counts, then.

Didn't this guy write that awful Blade run where he tried to make Deacon Frost Blade's father?

All-New Member

I'm most concerned with those x-kid backups. They're the best part of the book. On the one hand I'd hate to lose them. On the other, Young X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Didn't this guy write that awful Blade run where he tried to make Deacon Frost Blade's father?
    Also the Green Lantern movie and "Flash: Fastest Man Alive". I know the movie was pretty much panned. Don't know what the reception was like for the comic.

BANNED

His only good work has been Arrow, but to be fair, that show is really awesome.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Also the Green Lantern movie and "Flash: Fastest Man Alive". I know the movie was pretty much panned. Don't know what the reception was like for the comic.
    To be fair, the GL movie was basically written by committee. There were a lot of writers taking turns on that script so it's hard to tell just how much of it was Guggenheim's idea.

No More Mann That Batgirl cover of his was great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    To be fair, the GL movie was basically written by committee. There were a lot of writers taking turns on that script so it's hard to tell just how much of it was Guggenheim's idea.
    You can say that about Arrow too, or nearly any TV show really.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Please tell me Wood is switching to Uncanny. Or that Uncanny is getting virtually any other writer out there.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    From IGN:

Let's just remember that this is the guy who had Wolverine regenerate from his adamantium skeleton post CW.

Good news for Rachel fans though:

Didn't this last part just happen though? In the Trial of Jean Grey?

BANNED

Dang...makes sense seeing the volume of DC covers he had/has been doing though. The non-ANXM need creative shake-ups and cast shake-ups. Knowing Bendis won't leave and Immonen should never go (or go to an awesome title).
    The writing and constant art shifting on X-men has hurt it IMO, maybe they can right the ship here.

Maybe they're transitioning him onto an X-Kid book. I hope not, but it seems most likely. It's not like sales on X-Men have sucked and he seems to have a following. Seems rather abrupt to ditch him.
    I could get behind NXM kids getting their own book!

Quote Originally Posted by Muad'Dib View Post
    He said on his tumblr yesterday that he is leaving the book and Marvel for a bit after issue 14.

http://clay-mann.tumblr.com/post/851...uties-on-x-men
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Huh... Maybe he got tired of fan complaints, somehow I have a feeling that he received quite a bit of those.

On one hand I want to be cautiously optimistic about this but on the other hand Young X-Men was pretty hated.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Oh dear god, no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    His only good work has been Arrow, but to be fair, that show is really awesome.
    Yay!

NOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    You can say that about Arrow too, or nearly any TV show really.
    NOOOOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Parking Meter View Post
    I'm most concerned with those x-kid backups. They're the best part of the book. On the one hand I'd hate to lose them. On the other, Young X-Men.
    I hear ya

Why isn't Uncanny getting a new writer too?

I would've preferred Claremont took over this title since it is full of his female creations.

BANNED