Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm not really confident in Marc Guggenheim, judging from his past work, but I'm will to give this book another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Why isn't Uncanny getting a new writer too?

I would've preferred Claremont took over this title since it is full of his female creations.
    Because he just happens to be writing two of the highest selling X-books and appears to have a lot of leeway. Seeing that he and Marts are game-planning for the next event tells you he isn't going anywhere no time soon barring something drastic

to be frank, this book has been a trainwreck since the beginning. shoddy storytelling, no attention to detail, bloated plots, and anti-climax everywhere. i won't miss wood on this book one bit.

empress cal'syee is coming.

Attached Images Attached Images

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Ooh deathbed awesome. And he likes writing jubilee thats a cool thing for me I love jubilee. Also a focus on racheal feelings about the shiar for end of greys? Hell yeah..
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Why isn't Uncanny getting a new writer too?

I would've preferred Claremont took over this title since it is full of his female creations.
    Bendis does what Bendis wants. Nobody tells Bendis what to do.

Also, will Deathbird bring her better half along? lol
    Last edited by Tomppa; 05-09-2014 at 12:32 PM.

This book started with such promise. All-Star cast, beautiful art, good story. The first 4 issues were stellar. Inclusion in BotA and the cast shake-up so early killed any kind of momentum.

If Coipel had stayed on alternating with Lopez, the cast weren't shredded, and if the story could've stayed out of BotA, this would've been the best X-book by far. But now it's easy to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    And the guy who wrote the waste of tree pulp that was "Young X-Men". No thank you, I won't be picking this book back up. I wonder where Wood's being shuffled off to.
    I KNEW I HATED HIM! Oh, man... Here we go again...

BANNED

I liked YXM more than most so I'm happy too where this goes. I like Wood too but the book needed a change (but UGH, why not Kimmo?!).

I hope Ink shows up.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    to be frank, this book has been a trainwreck since the beginning. shoddy storytelling, no attention to detail, bloated plots, and anti-climax everywhere. i won't miss wood on this book one bit.

empress cal'syee is coming.

Now that's a stiletto-heeled step in the RIGHT DIRECTION!

I hope she throws Jubilee into the burning exhaust of a Shi'ar cruiser.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

And the same thing will happen with the next writer with all those problems listed, I dont think there has been a writer in years where that didnt happen.

The editorial control is tight on this franchise. Too may cooks > Too many events

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    And the same thing will happen with the next writer with all those problems listed, I dont think there has been a writer in years where that didnt happen.

The editorial control is tight on this franchise. Too may cooks > Too many events
    And it's not even the x-editorial, that's the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    You think this is going even further up than editorial or are you referring to Bendis?
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-09-2014 at 01:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    You think this is going even further up than editorial or are you referring to Bendis?
    I don't think a tight editorial is the issue, if anything it appears lax. The differing characterization, the character power-level and uses, even the ever changing appearances (hair length, color) shows they are not paying attention across titles. We know Bendis can do as he pleases and he sets the tone. A tighter ship is needed for consistency in the non-Bendable titles. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    I don't think a tight editorial is the issue, if anything it appears lax. The differing characterization, the character power-level and uses, even the ever changing appearances (hair length, color) shows they are not paying attention across titles. We know Bendis can do as he pleases and he sets the tone. A tighter ship is needed for consistency in the non-Bendable titles. JMHO.
    I agree in some areas it is too lax like continuity and consistent characterization but I think in other ways it has been strict. Some stories come off as being overly tampered with. An example would be Kitty joining All New, it doesn't seem like it was always Bendis idea as they had to fill in art of Kitty with Page at the last minute. Some of these newer writers have alluded to strict control interfering with their stories being fleshed out properly and the big events were getting in the way like editorial mandated events. I think its a combination of both and it varies from writer to writer and where its applied. This is all just theory of course.