Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Frankly you could tell this book was an editorial afterthought after the initial arc.

It had nothing but unmet expectations and frustration to provide after a while.

all i see here are excuses.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muad'Dib View Post
    He said on his tumblr yesterday that he is leaving the book and Marvel for a bit after issue 14.

http://clay-mann.tumblr.com/post/851...uties-on-x-men
    Sounds like they had had enough of editorial butting in and frakking things up...I sincerely wish them good luck in their future endeavours.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Marvel sucks. They should try and keep a good writer like Wood and don't mess with his work. I don't like the newwriter at all. I remember the last time he tried to write an x-book and it was a total disaster. Please give this book to Claremont and we will all be happy.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrbowlman View Post
    This book started with such promise. All-Star cast, beautiful art, good story. The first 4 issues were stellar. Inclusion in BotA and the cast shake-up so early killed any kind of momentum.

If Coipel had stayed on alternating with Lopez, the cast weren't shredded, and if the story could've stayed out of BotA, this would've been the best X-book by far. But now it's easy to pass up.
    Pretty much....GO Editorial Mandating, YAY!
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Marc also wrote the Hyperion vs. Nighthawk mini (which was good) and the last year of JSA before the New 52 (which was varying in quality). The latter issues of Fastest Man Alive were done by him (the ones focused on Bart's death) with art by Tony Daniel, and were the best of the short-lived series.

Fantastic Member

ugh. i don't want rachel to go back to space. she never comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    I could get behind NXM kids getting their own book!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Huh... Maybe he got tired of fan complaints, somehow I have a feeling that he received quite a bit of those.

Probably. Even before the book started he seemed pretty overwhelmed by all the pressure to write some kind of unflappably excellent book. He probably regrets interacting so much on this forum. Then again I can't blame people here for getting so excited and hyped up about this book.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

I just hope whomever is taking over the helm does something with Jubilee, she was one of my favs when she was first introduced. I thought we would see some awesomeness from Wood involving her but still nothing.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    all i see here are excuses.
    Agreed. Wood had the opportunity to create a compelling story after the cast shake-ups and imo failed to do so. That's on him, not the editors. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing him on a new NXM book somewhere down the line, he seems to have a much better grasp on how to write those characters.

I have no opinion on Guggenheim, I don't watch Arrow and haven't read anything by him. I'm curious though as to whether those who are critical of his work on Young X-Men have any critiques of his writing outside of the fact that he didn't use some NXM characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Agreed. Wood had the opportunity to create a compelling story after the cast shake-ups and imo failed to do so. That's on him, not the editors. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing him on a new NXM book somewhere down the line, he seems to have a much better grasp on how to write those characters.

I have no opinion on Guggenheim, I don't watch Arrow and haven't read anything by him. I'm curious though as to whether those who are critical of his work on Young X-Men have any critiques of his writing outside of the fact that he didn't use some NXM characters.
    The first arc was terrible. The YXM are dumb enough to believe that the New Mutants have become the new Hellfire Club, and that Cyclops was sending them to kill them.
    Wolfcub was a fucking idiot, stabbing Magma, who is literally covered in lava, and burning his hand to a freaking stub. It was still horribly burnt when he died later on. Also starting the series with hints from Blindfold that yet another student was going to die and ending the first arc with his murder didn't exactly help the book. By that point there had been more than enough deaths of the X-men's students and this one was just pointless.
    Sending Rockslide and Dust who are both elementals who are made out of Earth to fight Magma, who is essentially an Earthbender was just incredibly dumb. She ended up giving Dust glass cancer (which she never really apologized for btw)
    Ink was a terrible character who's abilities were overpowered and poorly defined, he actually saved the day on more than one occasion by going to get new tattoos. I'm glad subsequent writers have left him in a coma and completely forgotten about him.
    Greymalkin and Cipher were lazy storytelling to get around "No More Mutants". The explanation being that they've always been there, you've just never seen them.

BANNED

That Schmuck is worse than Humphries.. I'll probably be skipping this book then.. damn I had hoped this title would pick up. But I figured that Editorial interferes far too much with X-men books, and probably are killing the creativity.

He did use NXM characters. He just used them badly, for the most part. The book had no strong hook and his

his own creations were largely overpowered and uninspired.

(friggin' phone)

BANNED

Vampires don't need spacesuits so why's Jubes wearing one?