All-New Member

Default Futures End, Brainiac & Pandora's Box

While looking at the covers of the latest few issues of Futures End (the three covers that form one picture), it occurred to me that this new multiversal Brainiac looks an awful lot like Pandora's Box. You know, since they inverted Brainiac's 3-circle logo to create that "third eye" look (Despero style!) and made him extra skeletal.

So yeah...um...coincidence? Discuss!

penetrator of things

We kind of talked about this here before. The symbol appears a few times throughout the series.

hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Astonishing Member

i doubt it would ever be elaborated on; but its not impossible that the box is reverse-engineered monitor tech that bleediac (if it is the pre-crisis brainiac) recovered (possibly from the ruin of earth-3, going by outsider's claims) before AM's original defeat?

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

I noticed that too. I also wondered if the three eyes have anything to do with the three brainiac dots.

Definitely not a coincidence. I'm convinced this Omni-Brainiac character has been at least in the heads of TPTB at DC since the reboot began, and he was always the inspiration for Pandora's Box and the corresponding skull on the Secret Society coins.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

I will say this, while I'm still not thrilled with every element of the n52 I think that tptb probably did have a lot of ideas mapped out from the start.