Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default Where was Donna Troy in Multiversity: The Just

Just read Multiversity and still haven't seen Donna Troy. The Wonder Woman was Artemis so feel free to enlighten me in case I just didn't notice her.

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    Just read Multiversity and still haven't seen Donna Troy. The Wonder Woman was Artemis so feel free to enlighten me in case I just didn't notice her.
    I don't think she was in there, I looked but i didn't see her.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Well this is what DC said:
    With all of the world’s threats having been handled long ago by their parents, the next generation of supers – including Chris Kent, Damien Wayne, Alexis Luthor, Offspring, Megamorpho, Donna Troy and more – find themselves labeled as superstars more often than super heroes. But with that fame comes complacency, and when a massive threat unlike anything they’ve ever seen surfaces, this pampered crew finds themselves in way over their head. What secret is Damien keeping from Chris that could tear the world’s finest friends apart? Who is the mysterious killer lurking behind the scenes among these spoiled super-children? And what chance do they stand against the monstrous villain that’s murdering its way cross the Multiverse? All that and more in this exciting stand-alone issue which also acts as chapter three of the MULTIVERSITY saga. Join us, if your dare, for THE MULTIVERSITY!
    So where is Donna?
    Last edited by red winter; 10-23-2014 at 02:42 PM.

Spectacular Member

I've read the issue several times and I did not see her and no one I know has seen her. While the issue itself was great, the false advertising in the solicit involving Donna Troy really was irresponsible.

BANNED

I would like to know why Donna wasn't on the issue, if it was only a mistake on solicit or something else and they couldn't use Donna. Artemis is not WW legacy

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I would like to know why Donna wasn't on the issue, if it was only a mistake on solicit or something else and they couldn't use Donna. Artemis is not WW legacy
    It wouldn't surprise me if Donna was going to be in this issue but DC editorial decided towards the latter stages of development to pull her out of there and wait until later to have her debut in the new 52 (like SM/WW). Every other character that was mentioned in the solicit appeared in the issue so I don't think it was an honest mistake by whoever put the solicit together.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    She's not?

Maybe Donna Troy was just hiding behind Artemis which can be easily seen by people with x-ray vision.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

She's not in the issue. Not sure why she would have been since the issue specifically spotlights '90s legacy heroes. Even Wally West only gets a few moments.

Also, I know Donna has fans, but who was reading this issue specifically looking for Donna Troy? I was reading it to see Morrison continue to skewer internet trolls personally.

In the trash where she belongs.
    BB

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    She's not in the issue. Not sure why she would have been since the issue specifically spotlights '90s legacy heroes. Even Wally West only gets a few moments.

Also, I know Donna has fans, but who was reading this issue specifically looking for Donna Troy? I was reading it to see Morrison continue to skewer internet trolls personally.
    I actually read it just for her. Like with SM/WW they made a false statement of her involvement. It's so annoying at this point! I just want Donna! <3

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Sounds like DC just wants to mess with the fans. It's just wrong.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Csjbo08 View Post
    I've read the issue several times and I did not see her and no one I know has seen her. While the issue itself was great, the false advertising in the solicit involving Donna Troy really was irresponsible.
    It's not false advertising.

Solicits do change last-minute. They're sent out months in advance. They're not even aimed at the consumer, they're given to the retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Sounds like DC just wants to mess with the fans. It's just wrong.
    Don't be ridiculous.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    It's not false advertising.

Solicits do change last-minute. They're sent out months in advance. They're not even aimed at the consumer, they're given to the retailers.

Don't be ridiculous.

The solicitation had an error in it. This happens occasionally. The person writing the solicitation doesn't see the books in advance.

The role that could have potentially been Donna's was taken by Artemis. It's not a conspiracy: it's an advertising mistake.

LoneNecromancer beat me to the punch. What he said.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    She's not?

well I didn't read these WW phase because: bad art. Glad that Deodato is much better penciller now.
    artemis and diana were almost same age and she never strike me the sidekick type of character. But I may be wrong.

Remember when stephanie was going to be in smallville and in then it turned out to be Barbara gordon because Didio said that they couldn't use Stephanie. I think it might be the case here.

maybe problems with the rights of the character?