All-New Member

Default Newbie Question on The Avengers and all that it contains.

Please read everything if you're considering giving an answer, and Thank You in advance.

Not sure if this question is most suitable for this section, but it wouldn't hurt trying at the very least (I've saved it).

My question is simply not simple, maybe... I dont know. It's regarding the Avengers timeline.

I figured I'd start at Buziek's Avengers. Now, I don't know anything about the Avengers, but it seems like this starting point is good because of two reasons: It's relatively recent (started in 1998), and it transitions into most of the Avengers comics we have today... I think.

Finally, the Q:

There are Avengers main, Avengers spin-offs, mini-series/crossovers and ONE-SHOTS. Starting from Buziek's Avengers (1998), how do the Avengers storyline (not just the main one) and all of its "Special events" follow each other chronologically? Also is there a "Special event" during Buziek's run, or are they all after so that I can read the comics without the fear of missing an event that isn't among the rest of the collected issues.
    Note that by "Special events" I mean events such as "Civil War", "House of M" (M-Day), "Avengers Disassembled", etc.
    By spin-offs, I mean "Mighty Avengers, "New Avengers" (Not sure if this one is a spin-off even), "Avengers: The Initiative", etc.
    By mini-series/crossovers, I mean "House of M", "Avengers vs. X-men", etc.

I would also ask the same regarding the X-men, but I'm afraid that'd be too much.

Much appreciated.
    Last edited by iceotop; 10-25-2014 at 03:06 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

This is the reading order to follow for Busiek's Avengers
    http://crushingkrisis.com/collecting...raphic-novels/

After Avengers Disassembled, New Avengers is the new main Avengers book for a while
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    This is the reading order to follow for Busiek's Avengers
    http://crushingkrisis.com/collecting...raphic-novels/

After Avengers Disassembled, New Avengers is the new main Avengers book for a while
    Thank you, helped a lot.